Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,836 posts
  • 1,035 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9321 (resized).png
    image_2024-03-14_213052593.png
    image_2024-03-14_192715726.png
    image_2024-03-14_192145689.png

There are 8,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 177.
    #6851 4 years ago

There's a sucker born every minute. He's waiting for one to grow up and look at Craigslist for a great deal.

#6852 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Speaking of GNR those old Data East games are going to fall thru the thin ice once JJP version comes out.

Doubt it. The old one doesn't have terrible music. The new one definitely will, though.

#6853 4 years ago

For sale in Long Island... better jump on it, it has legs!

Screenshot_20191230-184904__01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191230-184904__01 (resized).jpg
    #6854 4 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

For sale in Long Island... better jump on it, it has legs![quoted image]

Lmao! Says 1950's in the title.

#6855 4 years ago

Just the tip

6FCE4F7D-244B-44DE-90EA-A8294C3B3E5A (resized).png6FCE4F7D-244B-44DE-90EA-A8294C3B3E5A (resized).png
    #6856 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Just the tip[quoted image]

ebay.com link: itm

Can get the whole pinball for just 250 more.... I didn't even search this out. I tend to browse offerup once or twice a week and this popped up in the search field. Just relevant to this thread. And I'm happy to finally post something constructive in this thread, besides my opinion which I know is never asked for.

#6857 4 years ago

the back glass is kinda cool its bright and campy 1978-80ish , maybe they think they did us a favor by throwing out the rest of it
    I should offer them 50 bucks

#6858 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

the back glass is kinda cool its bright and campy 1978-80ish , maybe they think they did us a favor by throwing out the rest of it
    I should offer them 50 bucks

It is an atari... Don't think I ever played on in person, but I played a few of them virtually... I mean, they're pinball machines, so good for a few games or so, but that is the best I can say about them. Some of the art like you said is cool though.

#6859 4 years ago

i don't know where i would put it but i like the way that biker girl is pointing at the bike behind her
    bikes with serious flames is cool. i like mirroring on the glass

#6860 4 years ago

maybe not

#6861 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

ebay.com link
    Can get the whole pinball for just 250 more.... I didn't even search this out. I tend to browse offerup once or twice a week and this popped up in the search field. Just relevant to this thread. And I'm happy to finally post something constructive in this thread, besides my opinion which I know is never asked for.

I know where a few are sitting, and a couple other atari games that can be had for cheap... the playfields are always brand new looking, these games must have never worked.

#6862 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

I know where a few are sitting, and a couple other atari games that can be had for cheap... the playfields are always brand new looking, these games must have never worked.

do all their back glass's look this good ? not a lot of reviews on this game

#6863 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20200101-113037 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200101-113037 (resized).png1qi8cf (resized).jpg1qi8cf (resized).jpg
    #6864 4 years ago

I sure hope that TBL guy will take walmart gift cards. If I mail them today maybe he will hold it for me.

#6865 4 years ago

Edit; Got it, I originally thought it it was three different pics. Didn’t notice that it was a screen capture. My apologies Solar

#6866 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

SolarGarlic, stick to what you know. You have 90’s and current machines. That Gulfstream is worth every penny he’s asking if not more for all of the work he put into it. For a Gulfstream, that playfield is mint.
    chicago.craigslist.org link

He is talking about the $8500 TBL machine... thought that was pretty freakin' obvious...

Edit: had to check estimated price, it is a $15k pin ($13870 - $16130, median $15,000)... some have sold for as little as $12,000. $8500 is too good to be true.

#6867 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

SolarGarlic, stick to what you know.

Yep, was talking about the drastically underpriced $8500 TBL ad (which included the first pic from the game's Pinside gallery). Craigslist pulled the ad shortly after I posted it here.

I appreciate the apology,@Mikala. Sorry for the confusing screenshot. In any case, that was my first post to the Pinside forums and I'm afraid you may not be a strong candidate for the Welcoming Committee.

https://images.pinside.com/5/7a/57a1218dba01e0a5904b84984a8ab61dae0edcad/resized/large/57a1218dba01e0a5904b84984a8ab61dae0edcad.jpg

#6868 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

do all their back glass's look this good ? not a lot of reviews on this game

There was a couple of them. Im sure one of them has a decent one. Next time I head out there I’ll get some pictures. I’ve seen a bunch of them, always in immaculate shape and never working.

#6869 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

There was a couple of them. Im sure one of them has a decent one. Next time I head out there I’ll get some pictures. I’ve seen a bunch of them, always in immaculate shape and never working.

I was just curious what the achelles heel was that doomed these machines , someone liked the back glass art more than having the machine as a whole
    $600 is a funny price if you didn't think much of the rest of the machine. i bought a newly made Big Game BG for a little over 300 and that was for a operational machine that needed it

#6870 4 years ago

Here's another "RARE" one. Mattel game for $1000.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).png
    #6871 4 years ago

and it didn't spend 40 years in an elderly couple's large estate. at least they probably weren't elderly 40 years ago.

#6872 4 years ago

Ok we have Craigslist laughs ! How about
    eBay ??? Here’s on that really cracks me up !!!!!

1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png
    #6873 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Ok we have Craigslist laughs ! How about
    eBay ??? Here’s on that really cracks me up !!!!!

They don't tell you the playmeter turned over at 99,999 and went back to zeros. So in fact, this game has 100,042 plays on it.

#6875 4 years ago

Where is the picture of the pristine only been played 42 times playfield?

#6876 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Where is the picture of the pristine only been played 42 times playfield?

here's the link to the ebay ad....
    I see now it has 50 plays on it. So it's been played only 3 times a year for the last 17 years! That's like, turn it on once every 4 months just to play 1 game then shut it off. WOW....and he doesn't even say RARE in the ad.

ebay.com link: Roller Coaster TYCOON Pinball100 LED Only 42 plays on this game as 1 05 2020

#6877 4 years ago

Seller has a second "only 40 plays" listed as well.

Poker (resized).pngPoker (resized).png
    #6878 4 years ago

"As of 12/4/19". But they played it 53,000 times since then.

#6879 4 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

here's the link to the ebay ad....
    I see now it has 50 plays on it. So it's been played only 3 times a year for the last 17 years! That's like, turn it on once every 4 months just to play 1 game then shut it off. WOW....and he doesn't even say RARE in the ad.
    ebay.com link » Roller Coaster Tycoon Pinball100 Led Only 42 Plays On This Game As 1 05 2020

They are being sold by pinballpickers.com. They are based out of SF. They link back to pinside on their site so they may be members here.

Quote from the site...

We've loved pinball since we were kids. Here at Pinball Pickers that passion lives on. We seek out pinball machines throughout the United States, looking for the most collectible, hottest pinball machines. We find classics, the latest releases, and those unique, hard-to-find machines for the avid collector. Something about the hunt for pinball machines just gives me a rush.

Some of the machines we find are mint while others require complete restoration. We have Pinball experts each with their own specialties making up the ultimate team to restore each machine to showroom condition. Check out our video page showing a day in the life of a Pinball Pickers restoration.

We also upgrade the machines. We use mirror chrome parts, new hardwhere add all the latest high-tech components, we create striking color schemes with a rich combination of machine components such as vibrant LEDs threw out, cabinet protectors, flipper buttons,new rubber and wax and lots of other accessories that really make the machines look and play factory fresh !

Please give us a call with any questions or to make an appointment to see our showroom in the San Francisco Bay Area.

#6880 4 years ago

I guess they mean "number of plays since restoration"...

#6881 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

They are being sold by pinballpickers.com. They are based out of SF. They link back to pinside on their site so they may be members here.
    Quote from the site...
    We've loved pinball since we were kids. Here at Pinball Pickers that passion lives on. We seek out pinball machines throughout the United States, looking for the most collectible, hottest pinball machines. We find classics, the latest releases, and those unique, hard-to-find machines for the avid collector. Something about the hunt for pinball machines just gives me a rush.
    Some of the machines we find are mint while others require complete restoration. We have Pinball experts each with their own specialties making up the ultimate team to restore each machine to showroom condition. Check out our video page showing a day in the life of a Pinball Pickers restoration.
    We also upgrade the machines. We use mirror chrome parts, new hardwhere add all the latest high-tech components, we create striking color schemes with a rich combination of machine components such as vibrant LEDs threw out, cabinet protectors, flipper buttons,new rubber and wax and lots of other accessories that really make the machines look and play factory fresh !
    Please give us a call with any questions or to make an appointment to see our showroom in the San Francisco Bay Area.

User name is mallory; he has feedback from 3 transactions all of which were not positive. He pretty regularly posts games for sale on CL in the SF Bay Area; they all appear to be in very nice condition and always have extraordinary asking prices.

#6882 4 years ago
    Quoted from matiou:

I guess they mean "number of plays since restoration"...

Oh, yeah, you must be right. At first I didn't read it that way. The ad says "Only 42 plays on this game as of 1/5/2020".

So I could advertise all of my games, restored or not, saying "zero plays on these games as of 1/9/2020" cuz I haven't played them yet today!

#6883 4 years ago

akroncanton.craigslist.org link

Big deal and comet...serious offers only!

Screenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #6884 4 years ago

maybe as an added incentive he's hidden 4 thousand dollar bills inside each machine?

I know that sounds silly ,I should have made... serious inquiry only

#6885 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Big deal and comet...serious offers only![quoted image]

Quoted from freeplay3:

Big deal and comet...serious offers only![quoted image]

Now you can have them for the low, low price of $4000.

Screenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpg
    #6886 4 years ago

Not craigslist but seriously....and this clown won’t budge. Says 7k cash is best he will do

2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png
    #6887 4 years ago

Used.... $15,000. Really?

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).png
    #6888 4 years ago

Not pinball related, but still funny

Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #6889 4 years ago

This is what we deal with daily on Michigan Craigslist. It’s all the same guy and location of some pins magically changes even though they are all in his garage. This is only a couple examples from all the random ads

Funhouse Pinball Machine

detroit.craigslist.org link

Addams family

saginaw.craigslist.org link

Hobbit Pinball Black Arrow Edition

flint.craigslist.org link

#6890 4 years ago

Identical tactics as a local NorCal guy that people loathe around here. Location changes week to week, price goes up and down daily lol.

#6891 4 years ago

Understanding the humor of these three post by the same person. Glencoe is the richest city in the State of Illinois and the 10th in the country. Looks like someone needs to pay their rent.

$5,000 Captain Fantastic

$,2,500 Space Odyssey

$2,200 Hang Glider - not working properly

#6892 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Understanding the humor of these three post by the same person. Glencoe is the richest city in the State of Illinois and the 10th in the country. Looks like someone needs to pay their rent.
    $5,000 Captain Fantastic
    $,2,500 Space Odyssey
    $2,200 Hang Glider - not working properly

Needs to sell ASAP! Not at those prices!

#6893 4 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Used.... $15,000. Really?
    sfbay.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

I see your $15k JJP PofC and raise you $4k........ Of course it's NIB and has probably been sitting in a non-climate controlled storage unit.

JJP PoC (resized).pngJJP PoC (resized).png
    #6894 4 years ago
    Quoted from happyhour1973:

I see your $15k JJP PofC and raise you $4k........ Of course it's NIB and has probably been sitting in a non-climate controlled storage unit.
    detroit.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Gee....I better hurry or I'll miss out!

#6895 4 years ago
    Quoted from happyhour1973:

detroit.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

$20K by christmas !!!

oops thats: $10K by Christmas

#6896 4 years ago

Kind of a re-theme?

PinballShark (resized).JPGPinballShark (resized).JPG
    #6897 4 years ago

At least the price is fair

#6898 4 years ago

2A618F8D-EAAF-4800-AAB1-92DD4C2EC858 (resized).png2A618F8D-EAAF-4800-AAB1-92DD4C2EC858 (resized).png
    #6899 4 years ago

This seems like a good way to get murdered...

seattle.craigslist.org link

Pinballmachine (resized).pngPinballmachine (resized).png
    #6900 4 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

This seems like a good way to get murdered...
    seattle.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

No kidding, They'll find your ass in the park or face down in that river.

There are 8,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 177.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/138?hl=iamdrunker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.