Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,859 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Atari1977
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 178.
    #6801 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Not CL but get a load of this:
    ebay.com link
    Sorry for that big dirty URL. It's an Ebay ad for "Beautifully restored! Bad Cats 1989 Williams pinball machine! New playfield!" and it's only $12,999.99!!!
    edit: I guess pinside cleaned up that big ugly URL

Feels very "scammy" to me. I'd question the validity of that listing.

#6802 4 years ago
    Quoted from SoFarFetched:

I'm going to assume he's really trying to get his money back from restoring these. But it seems so hard to get money back. Feels like many would rather just buy old machines they are planning to keep and restore it themselves.

That could very well be true. As with anything, it's only worth what someone will pay for it, no matter how much money you poured into it.

#6803 4 years ago

stlouis.craigslist.org link

Brunswick Pinball Machine - Alive $1500

#6804 4 years ago

I think he missed the decimal point? Should be $15.00 ?

#6805 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

stlouis.craigslist.org link
    Brunswick Pinball Machine - Alive $1500

This one's only $145 although it's broken.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#6806 4 years ago

charlotte.craigslist.org link

Fireball home edition for 1600.00
    This guy needs to be slapped.
    Screenshot_20191222-130729_1 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191222-130729_1 (resized).png

#6807 4 years ago

No charge for the vintage grime. Geeeze, at least clean the garage before you take a picture.

#6808 4 years ago

Theres something about that dirt and junk makes me want to overpay for this gem.

#6809 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Geeeze, at least clean the garage

Quoted from phil-lee:

something about that dirt and junk

I think this is in someones house, not the garage, Yipes...

#6810 4 years ago

For that price, I want the TV, too.

#6811 4 years ago

funny the picture is a hidden object game

#6812 4 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

[quoted

[quoted image]

Roaches included, no extra charge......

#6813 4 years ago

Pinball?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6814 4 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^
    29 tabs of Pinside

#6815 4 years ago
    Quoted from bernieberg:

That guy has a lot of pins on ebay right now. He really likes that staircase as a background too.[quoted image]

This guy has been around for ages

#6816 4 years ago
    Quoted from bernieberg:

That guy has a lot of pins on ebay right now. He really likes that staircase as a background too.

Who in their right mind would pay any of those prices for those games? Good gravy those are expensive and aren't even top tier games....in my opinion.

#6817 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

funny the picture is a hidden object game

I see venetian blinds.... a Trouble board game box (likely empty since it's collapsed at one end).... a CRT TV under the pin from I'm guessing the mid 80's, since it has pushbutton controls.... two laundry baskets, one destroyed.... part of a styrofoam cooler, I think.... the back of another black plastic TV.... is that a string of Christmas lights, or an extension cord?.... and, of course, our guest of honor, the grimy, rusty, most likely non-working Fireball home version.

#6818 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

I see venetian blinds.... a Trouble board game box (likely empty since it's collapsed at one end).... a CRT TV under the pin from I'm guessing the mid 80's, since it has pushbutton controls.... two laundry baskets, one destroyed.... part of a styrofoam cooler, I think.... the back of another black plastic TV.... is that a string of Christmas lights, or an extension cord?.... and, of course, our guest of honor, the grimy, rusty, most likely non-working Fireball home version.

You forgot the wall outlet

#6819 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

You forgot the wall outlet

Too busy trying to figure out what the orange thing in the broken laundry basket is.

#6820 4 years ago

Bottle of something between the pin and the laundry basket. Perhaps a vintage bottle of Novus 1?

#6821 4 years ago

FT for $5400? With two pictures of the game powered off to show you what you what a great deal this is! It does have 'upgraded led lights and topper', making this game a steal at this price.

fish tales (resized).jpgfish tales (resized).jpg
    #6822 4 years ago

Must have the Stern version confused with the Williams one.

worcester.craigslist.org link

#6823 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Too busy trying to figure out what the orange thing in the broken laundry basket is.

Lmfao looks like a cat head...

76B56859-1A01-4C2B-9128-C8DBDBB2F21D (resized).jpeg76B56859-1A01-4C2B-9128-C8DBDBB2F21D (resized).jpeg
    #6824 4 years ago

:-/=maybe its a safari hat with a leopard head band

#6825 4 years ago

with a can of spent pringles (crushed) , cool ranch flavor,

that strange window must not be to the outdoors

#6826 4 years ago

You've gotta hold onto that old Pringle’s can. Might come in handy someday, if you don’t crush it. Oops, too late.

#6827 4 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

^^^^^^^^^^^
    29 tabs of Pinside

LOL. I thought someone might comment on that. I open all the threads I am interested in reading in separate tabs then go back and read them all.

#6828 4 years ago

I think the orange thing is a bag of tostitos. Would go nicely with the pringles

#6829 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I think the orange thing is a bag of tostitos. Would go nicely with the pringles

I think you're right, sure does look like an "ito" on there.

#6830 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

with a can of spent pringles (crushed) , cool ranch flavor,
    that strange window must not be to the outdoors

Maybe he will throw in the can of pringles?

#6831 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Maybe he will throw in the can of pringles?

Oh no. You can't afford that. Not at his prices.

#6832 4 years ago

Not my PSA but gave me a chuckle.

detroit.craigslist.org link

In case post goes down here's the original message:

Wanted: Realistic Pinball Prices
    Consider this a pinball selling PSA.......

Are historically unrealistic pinball prices posted to CL because a seller hit his/her head, truly has no clue how to price or simply lacks true understanding as to what a game is worth? Or, is the seller just hoping there are enough suckers to bite at such unrealistic prices?

Also, believe me, your game is not "rare," so stop advertising it as such. It's not an Honus Wagner tobacco card found in your gran pappy's attic. Okay?

Furthermore, if you want to generate guffaws and belly laughs, then keep posting single photos of games from great distances that aren't even powered on. Oh, and declaring that the game was "shopped" with no other descriptive sentences is another laugh generator. Is your definition of shopped using a can of air on the playfield or powering up the game for the first time in five years and fist bumping your buddy over the joy that the game creaked to life (even though half the coils, solenoids and sleeves need replacing)?

If some or all of these describe your listing, then it is probably going to end up here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs

Also, do yourself and those seeking to buy a favor and initiate a reality check as to your game's worth by looking up your game on the following reputable marketplace:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market

Thanks for reading this PSA.

#6833 4 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

Are historically unrealistic pinball prices posted to CL because a seller hit his/her head, truly has no clue how to price or simply lacks true understanding as to what a game is worth? Or, is the seller just hoping there are enough suckers to bite at such unrealistic prices?
    Also, believe me, your game is not "rare," so stop advertising it as such. It's not an Honus Wagner tobacco card found in your gran pappy's attic. Okay?
    Furthermore, if you want to generate guffaws and belly laughs, then keep posting single photos of games from great distances that aren't even powered on. Oh, and declaring that the game was "shopped" with no other descriptive sentences is another laugh generator. Is your definition of shopped using a can of air on the playfield or powering up the game for the first time in five years and fist bumping your buddy over the joy that the game creaked to life (even though half the coils, solenoids and sleeves need replacing)?
    If some or all of these describe your listing, then it is probably going to end up here:
    Also, do yourself and those seeking to buy a favor and initiate a reality check as to your game's worth by looking up your game on the following reputable marketplace:

Outstanding.

#6834 4 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

Wow, I want to plagiarize that PSA in my local CL !

Well said who ever you are.

#6835 4 years ago

FWIW, that Detroit CL "PSA" posting was mine. I have been a lurker on Pinside for several months as I gear up to purchase my first pinball machine (this specific forum was one of the first I saved as a favorite and has been helpful in educating me on pricing and provided a myriad of chuckles). I have loved pinball ever since my college days at Michigan State when I blew off studying steam at a place called Pinball Pete's. I have lurked on Pinside educating myself and absorbing as much as possible for quite some time. All the while, I keep up on what's for sale on Pinside, FB Marketplace and CL. I'm by no means a Craigslist rube and I don't mean to denigrate in a general manner. However, I just reached my breaking point and needed to express myself to those on metro Detroit selling pinball machines as if they were selling Hot Wheels. If just one person had a pinball pricing and description epiphany, then that would be stellar. But I at least got my feelings off my chest. My guess is, based on history and human nature, my first purchase will not be from CL. Anyway, the hunt continues!!

Feel free to plagiarize away!!

#6836 4 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

*golf clap*

Well said @happyhour1973!

Love me some Beastie Boyz!

I've bought most of my pins from Pinsiders, they were as advertised and were enjoyable transactions.

Good luck on your first pin, make some room, they tend to multiply!

#6837 4 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

*golf clap*
    Well said happyhour1973!
    Love me some Beastie Boyz!
    I've bought most of my pins from Pinsiders, they were as advertised and were enjoyable transactions.
    Good luck on your first pin, make some room, they tend to multiply!

Much appreciated. Thanks!

#6838 4 years ago

Rare.

Screenshot_20191228-081551__01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191228-081551__01 (resized).jpg
    #6839 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20191228-083117__01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191228-083117__01 (resized).jpg
    #6840 4 years ago

They are asking $800 for a machine Pinsiders value at about nothing, but look how clean and tidy the room is.

#6841 4 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image]

How much would the JJP GnR cost you figure? Best to just wait and buy that one! As you'd get much better versions of the songs on the new one.

#6842 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

They are asking $800 for a machine Pinsiders value at about nothing, but look how clean and tidy the room is.

But, they claim its "RARE". So it MUST be worth something!!!!

I know I've said it before(rather typed), but just because something is rare doesn't mean it is worth anything. I doubt he'll ship it at that price. As I bought a Night Moves recently off offerup for 800 dollars in good shape. Let me think... Zizzle or a cocktail machine... He'll find that his ad next to a regular fair priced pinball will lose out. But, man... If he does sell it... I feel sorry for the kids in the family who'll get that machine when they could have gotten an actual pin for that price.

#6843 4 years ago

you know i saw alot of words for the gnr listing but the only ones i remembered when i looked away was " shoot me"

#6844 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Initially I thought it was a Stern potc and wondered what the problem is, until I looked closer - what the h*** is that?

#6845 4 years ago

atlanta.craigslist.org link

$6500 for Data East JP. The description is hilarious:

There have been three pinball adaptations of the 1993 film Jurassic Park: a physical table released by Data East the same year the film came out, a virtual table developed by Zen Studios on the franchise's 25th anniversary and a new physical table released by Stern Pinball a year after. All three tables behave differently. This machine is number 126 of the original 9,008 units produced starting with the first adaptation in 1993, therefore this is a rare machine. It works flawlessly and all the lights, flippers, bumpers, shaker, & dinosaur all work as they should. Two items that make this game especially rare are the topper is original and the two taradactles that are usually missing or broken are intact and in great shape. The glass is clear and the cabinet almost pristine. There are no new LED lights as all are originals or replaced with the same type. The machine was gone through in the summer of 2016 by Atlanta Pinball Repair and needed soldering done on some connections. It has played perfectly since then. This machine needs nothing to be enjoyed as soon as you plug it in. An added bonus is we have the original owner's manual as well which includes wiring diagrams, game specs, game operation, adjustments, diagnostics & parts list. Similar machines are for sale on eBay for over $7,500. The reason for selling is we just don't play it any longer and want someone else to enjoy it. Cash only, no checks, PayPal, or anything else please. I can help disassemble the legs for transport and will help you load into your vehicle but you'll be responsible for wrapping it in your own blankets. Serious inquiries will be invited to view a video of the machine in operation. Please ask any questions and I'll try to answer them.

#6846 4 years ago

Speaking of GNR those old Data East games are going to fall thru the thin ice once JJP version comes out.

#6847 4 years ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

atlanta.craigslist.org link
    $6500 for Data East JP. The description is hilarious:
    There have been three pinball adaptations of the 1993 film Jurassic Park: a physical table released by Data East the same year the film came out, a virtual table developed by Zen Studios on the franchise's 25th anniversary and a new physical table released by Stern Pinball a year after. All three tables behave differently. This machine is number 126 of the original 9,008 units produced starting with the first adaptation in 1993, therefore this is a rare machine. It works flawlessly and all the lights, flippers, bumpers, shaker, & dinosaur all work as they should. Two items that make this game especially rare are the topper is original and the two taradactles that are usually missing or broken are intact and in great shape. The glass is clear and the cabinet almost pristine. There are no new LED lights as all are originals or replaced with the same type. The machine was gone through in the summer of 2016 by Atlanta Pinball Repair and needed soldering done on some connections. It has played perfectly since then. This machine needs nothing to be enjoyed as soon as you plug it in. An added bonus is we have the original owner's manual as well which includes wiring diagrams, game specs, game operation, adjustments, diagnostics & parts list. Similar machines are for sale on eBay for over $7,500. The reason for selling is we just don't play it any longer and want someone else to enjoy it. Cash only, no checks, PayPal, or anything else please. I can help disassemble the legs for transport and will help you load into your vehicle but you'll be responsible for wrapping it in your own blankets. Serious inquiries will be invited to view a video of the machine in operation. Please ask any questions and I'll try to answer them.

Another RARE machine of 9,000... Which is actually a pretty good run for pinball. That's around double the mark of a successful run. 3-4k runs were considered successful. And in the 90s around the time of Addams Family I believe Bally were giving about 100 dollar bonus or something to that effect of each sale over 4k to the main designers. I heard a story about one of the programers on TZ calling his house the house that TZ built as he bought it with his bonus money...

I don't know the actual figures. Just the general details that were relayed to me 2nd hand. So this is a 3rd hand story. Take it with a grain of salt. Anyway... Regardless... It always cheeses me off these idiots don't know what a rare pinball machine is.
    As even the 3k runs are not always necessary to turn a profit. Gottlieb had a lot of 1-2k runs and they stayed in business for a long time with a lot of runs like that.
    I own a breakshot. 1k produced.. .not a great run and its a lot less than most pinballs. But, you wait around. And you'll see it turn up quite often on the pinball market. Rare... Sure... But, not impossible to find. And it doesn't mean its expensive. A breakshot is 1,800-2,400. But, if I put my machine on Craiglist... Maybe its super rare and worth like 10,000 dollars...

Any takers???? Just joking.

Edit. I really want to contact all these idiots and explain to them what I posted above. Just cheeses me off. But, I LOVE this thread. So much fun to read these posts. Thank you all for posting them!!!!!!

#6848 4 years ago

They probably know it’s not really rare. They think that finding a way to work "rare" into the text helps them sell it.

#6849 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Another RARE machine of 9,000... Which is actually a pretty good run for pinball.

But it is #126 of 9008! There is only ONE #126, so I would say it is super duper pooper rare ya big dummy!

#6850 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Must have the Stern version confused with the Williams one.
    worcester.craigslist.org link

Thing has been posted for months. Hasn't dropped the price. Wonder why it's still there...

There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/137?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.