Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 178.
    #6751 4 years ago

This Thread was famous for exposing overpriced Pins. Now on a daily basis I see a dozen candidates that would be submitted
    under the old criteria. Everything is overpriced with inaccurate descriptions (missing parts, condition). Seems like pinball
    machines go up by a thousand dollars at a time, no incremental increases here.
    Maybe these flippers have won, though still uncertain how many sell at the Cinderella price.

#6752 4 years ago

Id love to go to that bingo with balls and tell him to put them in and show me how it works for 10k.

#6753 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Id love to go to that bingo with balls and tell him to put them in and show me how it works for 10k.

Might be one hell of a story to tell.. Not sure it be worth the 10k though. But, maybe a tank of gas and some balls!

#6754 4 years ago

My thinking is that if it has no balls then its been sitting and all the steppers will be gummed up and it wont "work".

#6755 4 years ago

"Ask me anything....but this is all I know"

That makes no sense. About as much sense as the rest of the ad I suppose.

#6756 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

"Ask me anything....but this is all I know"

I wonder if they can elaborate on voo doo economics?

#6757 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I wonder if they can elaborate on voo doo economics?

All we need is to input the data, oh and replace the outlet plug.

"One of the very first computers made, the first random number generator, all manual, works, needs a new outlet plug"

#6758 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:"One of the very first computers made, th

An abacus ?

#6759 4 years ago

Classic Marketing fail, though I do give credit for originality. Big pricing fail too.
    Bingo machines are really deductive reasoning computers the way I see it. I'm scared of them
    but know eventually one will end up in my possession. EM to the Max!

#6760 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Bingo machines are really deductive reasoning computers the way I see it. I'm scared of them
    but know eventually one will end up in my possession. EM to the Max!

They are monsters indeed. I've seen inside and would take forever to go through one top to bottom.

But if it something that can be gambled with, I'm sure one will end up here eventually.

#6761 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think I'll just leave this here.
    bellingham.craigslist.org link

And I will screenshot the ad for posterity.

Screenshot_20191206-194401__01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191206-194401__01 (resized).jpg
    #6762 4 years ago

If it’s all manual, why does it need an electric plug?

#6763 4 years ago

is that the camera bag on top of the glass? I think some one is just having fun with the ad , the description does a lot of countering statements , if you don't know what a pinball machine does how is it you understand it needs electricity and a new plug ?

#6764 4 years ago

third coast pinball sells these , just like the ad it seems to never get old

s104473113960642694_p40_i1_w600 (resized).jpgs104473113960642694_p40_i1_w600 (resized).jpg
    #6765 4 years ago

You funny!

#6766 4 years ago

I offered him 70$ Im hopeful he'll come around,at least he was polite

Don't mean to be rude but i think you have some bad info on the value here. If the backglass is in good shape i'll give you 70$. Sometime with these older style bingo machines you have to pay to have them hauled off, usually to the dump

Thu, Dec 5, 8:05 AM (2 days ago)

to 457ee8b16d83321c9e1dea1122fc4e69
    Hardly my finding,
    Thank you for your offer.

75cba65cc14f537431d0dee14f6e2035620bd48c (resized).jpg75cba65cc14f537431d0dee14f6e2035620bd48c (resized).jpg
    #6767 4 years ago

Hardly my finding,
    Thank you for your offer.[quoted image]

I guess that his findings are inaccurate and that is why he will sit on this one until his wife calls 1800gotjunk.

#6768 4 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

Don't mean to be rude but i think you have some bad info on the value here. If the backglass is in good shape i'll give you 70$. Sometime with these older style bingo machines you have to pay to have them hauled off, usually to the dump
    Hardly my finding,

would he be willing to send or post more pictures?

#6769 4 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

Hardly my finding,

Everyone just needs to constantly pester these idiots until they get a clue. But, alas, they probably never will.

#6770 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Everyone just needs to constantly pester these idiots until they get a clue

It is not in their interest to get a clue. Making fun of them will have to suffice.

#6771 4 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

Hardly my finding,

Many years ago when I had far less experience i bought a not quite working bingo machine from a guy for $100. I had worked on a few EM's at this time, and figured it'd be a piece of cake. Fast forward 5 years and I gave it away, still not working to a guy. I happened to run into him some years later, and asked if he had ever got it working, his answer was "hell no!". I felt a little vindicated because this guy was an electrical engineer.

#6772 4 years ago

Are Bingo clunkers good for parts to be carried over to pins? Coils I figure would match up, but any mechanical bits and pieces?

#6773 4 years ago

1 BINGO machine would probably supply you with a lifetime of switchblades.

#6774 4 years ago

buffalo.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

For sale is Data East Guns N Roses pinball. DMD does not work and likely needs to be replaced. Damage to side cabinet. As is. $3,500 or best offer. If you want pictures, send me an email. Thanks.

Damaged, bad DMD and who knows what else.

#6775 4 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

buffalo.craigslist.org link
    [quoted image]
    For sale is Data East Guns N Roses pinball. DMD does not work and likely needs to be replaced. Damage to side cabinet. As is. $3,500 or best offer. If you want pictures, send me an email. Thanks.
    Damaged, bad DMD and who knows what else.

Can't you tell how nice it is from the stock photo? He could have posted an out of focus, over exposed picture of the actual machine but he went all out and provided a photo of what it looked like in 1994.

#6776 4 years ago

Hey, now, he offered to send pictures upon request. Because savvy buyers don't need no stinkin pictures, only pita tire kickers want pictures.

#6777 4 years ago

Don't get me wrong, this is a nice machine. It's not a 9.9 as the seller states, but if your going to ask $4250 for a Bally KISS, you could at least shop it out and fix the ball/credit display. I believe this is the famous Valpo wipe job flipper in action.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#6778 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Just a little fix to the cabinet[quoted image]

I'd make an offer on that if the play field wasn't completely borked...only ever seen 1 in the wild out in Las Vegas!

#6779 4 years ago

It says Condition: Excellent. What more do you need?

#6780 4 years ago

Only 18K for all!

2019-12-13 00.48.04 (resized).png2019-12-13 00.48.04 (resized).png
    #6781 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

Only 18K for all![quoted image]

The camera is also rarely used . . .

#6782 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gott1978:

The camera is also rarely used . . .

They must be trying to keep the battery pristine as well because there's only that one photo.

#6783 4 years ago

It’s one of those great "buy three, get three" deals.

#6784 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

It’s one of those great "buy three, get three" deals.

I think you mean, "Pay for 6 and get 3"

#6785 4 years ago

Individually he wants 18k or if you buy them all you can have them for....18k.

#6786 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Individually he wants 18k or if you buy them all you can have them for....18k.

25¢ each or 3 for a dollar?

#6787 4 years ago

some pinball machines owners have a scarcity mentality, and they think they can sell their crap machines for more money than reality , with a price tag of what a brand new pinball machine fetches . which would you buy black rose (in a bad photo) or unboxing the new Jurassic park in the 7k neighborhood

(note:I'm not insinuating that black rose is a crap game )

#6788 4 years ago

Not CL but get a load of this:

ebay.com link: i

Sorry for that big dirty URL. It's an Ebay ad for "Beautifully restored! Bad Cats 1989 Williams pinball machine! New playfield!" and it's only $12,999.99!!!

edit: I guess pinside cleaned up that big ugly URL

#6789 4 years ago

My absolute favourite part of the Bad Cats ad is his line "It is the best ever made in my opinion." Makes me want to cough up $13k! Or not...

#6790 4 years ago

In defense of the ad lister, it IS a beautiful machine!

However, show me at least 1 pic of it actually turned on!
    Show me the boards!
    Show me inside the cabinet!

Kids these days....

#6791 4 years ago

Got to say that the machine is in a really reaaaalllyyyyy good condition.
    But I don't see how you can put a price on something like this. I could understand the price if it was a "symbolic" machine, like MM , MB , TAF , TOM , TOTAN (you got my point)
    Would be a fine price, i guess, but for a Bad Cats i think it's a "bit" too much.

#6792 4 years ago

It does look really nice, but doesn't a game like bad cats to out at around $3,500?

#6793 4 years ago

That guy has a lot of pins on ebay right now. He really likes that staircase as a background too.

Screenshot_2019-12-16 Items for sale by buythru eBay (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-16 Items for sale by buythru eBay (resized).png
    #6794 4 years ago

I remember that grand lizard for sale from 3 years ago.... price came down a little .....and now it says OBO , i guess he has a nice collectors quality collection of pins and he doesn't want to part with anything unless there's a large payout offer. he probably doesn't play them either if he is pedaling collector pins, they might just sit under blankets to keep the uv light off of them

#6795 4 years ago
    Quoted from TDK-WPG:

My absolute favourite part of the Bad Cats ad is his line "It is the best ever made in my opinion." Makes me want to cough up $13k! Or not...

more like a hairball

#6796 4 years ago

TALK ABOUT CRAZY? I think Kaneda hit his head on his microphone.

ebay.com link: itm

#6797 4 years ago

Someone should buy that then get ebay involved when the machine is not ready to go. Also the fees for that posting...

#6798 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Not CL but get a load of this:
    ebay.com link
    Sorry for that big dirty URL. It's an Ebay ad for "Beautifully restored! Bad Cats 1989 Williams pinball machine! New playfield!" and it's only $12,999.99!!!
    edit: I guess pinside cleaned up that big ugly URL

and they have to say... "New Cabinet Decals can be added for 300.00. "

#6799 4 years ago
    Quoted from bernieberg:

That guy has a lot of pins on ebay right now. He really likes that staircase as a background too.[quoted image]

I'm going to assume he's really trying to get his money back from restoring these. But it seems so hard to get money back. Feels like many would rather just buy old machines they are planning to keep and restore it themselves.

#6800 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think I'll just leave this here.
    bellingham.craigslist.org link

I like the "ask me anything, but that is all I know" part.

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/136?hl=sofarfetched and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.