Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 178.
    #6601 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

only 800 for this turd...
    vermont.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it the same one from the project thread a few weeks ago, from FB, that's currently listed for $175 in Bethlehem, NH? They are only 20 miles apart. I went round and round with this guy over his $1200 Space Mission a couple weeks ago. He was down to $350, but I wouldn't go more than $200, even though I really didn't want it.
    pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg

#6602 4 years ago

Should really triple thick that backglass before it gets worse.

#6603 4 years ago

I kinda like the backglass the way it is. It's called character. And the cabinet, well, that is called patina. Certainly a one-of-a-kind.

#6604 4 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I kinda like the backglass the way it is. It's called character. And the cabinet, well, that is called patina. Certainly a one-of-a-kind.

Yup has that stored outside look.

#6605 4 years ago

Rorschach... the game

#6606 4 years ago

Not a pinball machine, but had to share...

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#6607 4 years ago

#6608 4 years ago

May as well put "was new when taken out of the box 61 years ago"

#6610 4 years ago

sfbay.craigslist.org link

This guy has been trying to sell a NIB DP LE for $14K .... been for sale for months..

#6611 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

This guy has been trying to sell a NIB DP LE for $14K .... been for sale for months..

Ahhhhhhh the classic "its rare" line

#6612 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I've actually heard Mike, Frank and some of their appraisers say rare doesn't = valuable. Think I've heard that on Pawn Stars too, even from someone other than Rick! I think he tells everyone trying to sell something that line.

Wish those AP episodes got more airplay!!

#6613 4 years ago

"rare is not equal to valuable" should pop up on the screen any time one of these liquidator types stumbles upon a bingo pinball machine.

#6614 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Like only 500 to be made... 10K by Xmas ???

#6615 4 years ago

"Rarely desirable" applies to most of the "Rare" stuff on offer.

#6616 4 years ago

If you are going to be snarky in your ad can we at least see the playfield or a photo of the machine not being used as a storage shelf?

Slugfest (resized).JPGSlugfest (resized).JPG
    #6617 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

If you are going to be snarky in your ad can we at least see the playfield or a photo of the machine not being used as a storage shelf?[quoted image]

I love how the machine is on and still all that crap on top

#6618 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

If you are going to be snarky in your ad can we at least see the playfield or a photo of the machine not being used as a storage shelf?[quoted image]

When I see this it makes me want to email and ask if it's available and how low would they go.

#6619 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

only 800 for this turd...
    vermont.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image]

The playfield looks to be in decent condition. I wonder how it stayed so nice given the horror show of the cabinet and backglass.

#6620 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I got him to add 10 more pictures. I had told him I’d take it if the playfield was ok, but I thought it was Middletown, Ct, but now I see it’s NY.

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

#6621 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

I got him to add 10 more pictures. I had told him I’d take it if the playfield was ok, but I thought it was Middletown, Ct, but now I see it’s NY.
    hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

What’s a couple more hours? You can hit Rock Fantasy while you are there!

#6622 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

What’s a couple more hours? You can hit Rock Fantasy while you are there!

For a total of 360 miles one way, but this definitely gives a bigger reason to go. Thanks for saving me the research time, Knowing me, I'd have missed it.

#6623 4 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/527368867832636/
    another bargain from Maine. She must be figuring on funding this winter's oil bill with this great find...

Screenshot_2019-10-19-10-04-29 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-10-19-10-04-29 (resized).png
    #6624 4 years ago

What a bargain. Needs work, can’t find one in better condition without it costing more money! Right.

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

8D3087D6-5DB5-4CFD-B13B-848580BA1E80 (resized).png8D3087D6-5DB5-4CFD-B13B-848580BA1E80 (resized).png
    #6625 4 years ago

And another. It works, just look! I wrote the guy and he said it just needs cleaned up. I’m guessing it may need a little more than that, lol.

louisville.craigslist.org link

93511B94-DEB9-4A50-B97F-24309F26FD1E (resized).png93511B94-DEB9-4A50-B97F-24309F26FD1E (resized).png
    #6626 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Here it is. I've done nothing besides drive 800 miles and plug it in here on the northern boundary in Vermont. Not sure what color the balls are supposed to be, but I stopped at Pinball Resource and picked up a new set and the colors are nothing alike. Bunch of lights out too. The guy was a great guy.

slug play (resized).jpgslug play (resized).jpgslug side (resized).jpgslug side (resized).jpg
    #6627 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Here it is. I've done nothing besides drive 800 miles and plug it in here on the northern boundary in Vermont. Not sure what color the balls are supposed to be, but I stopped at Pinball Resource and picked up a new set and the colors are nothing alike. Bunch of lights out too. The guy was a great guy.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Someday I will grab one for myself.

#6628 4 years ago

I am not sure of the idea of putting $1000 worth of lighting into a Vegas machine...

Vegas (resized).JPGVegas (resized).JPG
    #6629 4 years ago

Well, if you buy 2 or 3 bulbs at a time and factor in shipping cost, it might add up to $1000.

#6630 4 years ago

A litany of pinstadiums?

#6631 4 years ago

Surely this is the greatest bargain ever... only 2k for a plastic toy...

acdc pin (resized).pngacdc pin (resized).png
    #6632 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I am not sure of the idea of putting $1000 worth of lighting into a Vegas machine...[quoted image]

Me trying to figure out how one can even spend that much on bulbs

good-will-hunting-oral-history-2[1] (resized).jpggood-will-hunting-oral-history-2[1] (resized).jpg
    #6633 4 years ago

Buy them 1 at a time and overnight them, preferably from another country.

#6634 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I am not sure of the idea of putting $1000 worth of lighting into a Vegas machine...[quoted image]

Vegas is a great game. It has fun shots and rules (like score stealing) and amazing sounds. Sure it is over the top pink but so much fun. A great multiplayer game that will keep you coming back for more.

#6635 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I’m not really sure if she is for sale or the Trilogy is. It doesn’t specify or provide any other pictures.[quoted image]

Is there a pinball machine in this photo?
    I really didn't notice it...

#6636 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Poor guy is taking a $300 loss. I was thinking of offering he can keep the lighting and I'll take the game for free. At least it wouldn't be a loss to him then.

#6637 4 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Poor guy is taking a $300 loss. I was thinking of offering he can keep the lighting and I'll take the game for free. At least it wouldn't be a loss to him then.

Better yet, buy the machine for $700, sell the bulbs for the $1,000 that they’re obviously worth (at least!) and end up with the pin and $300 in your pocket!

And if you like that deal, I’ve got a bridge to sell you ...

#6638 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

And another. It works, just look! I wrote the guy and he said it just needs cleaned up. I’m guessing it may need a little more than that, lol.
    louisville.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

In good working condition my ass. Clearly the game is not booting. No displays and no attract mode.

#6639 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

In good working condition my ass. Clearly the game is not booting. No displays and no attract mode.

Yeah, I thought about writing him back with that, but clearly he knows more than I do about pinball. I took a shot at a $500 offer but honestly don’t need another basket case, so I’ll probably pass even if he writes back.

#6640 4 years ago
    E6073B8D-B013-4290-B9FE-F3AE9ACEF835 (resized).pngE6073B8D-B013-4290-B9FE-F3AE9ACEF835 (resized).png
    #6641 4 years ago

How about a Pinside laugh?

22K??

I'' bet its a typo... $2200 mabey?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86721

Edit:he fixed the price already....lol

#6642 4 years ago

One one hand I am impressed with the whole thing mechanically. A spring loaded backglass that pops up? Pretty cool! On the other hand how do you play this? Kneeling on the ground in front of it? Its not built for legs so I guess you would kneel or sit on a very small chair. Dunno.

SpringLoadedBackglass (resized).JPGSpringLoadedBackglass (resized).JPG
    #6643 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

[quoted image]

Works perfectly, as in one flipper stays perfectly in place and does not move?

#6644 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

Works perfectly, as in one flipper stays perfectly in place and does not move?

I think that was an expensive add-on back when the game was first released - makes it extra special and way more challenging than the "regular" edition.

#6645 4 years ago

Spicy Mata Hari project.

Screenshot_2019-10-28 Project Pinball machine - Please read the description before messaging (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-10-28 Project Pinball machine - Please read the description before messaging (resized).png
    #6646 4 years ago
    Quoted from bernieberg:

Spicy Mata Hari project.[quoted image]

Too hot to handle!

#6647 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Rediculous! I’m tired of looking at it

#6649 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Wow! Home use only!
    peoria.craigslist.org link

The best picture is the last one in the dark.

#6650 4 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

The best picture is the last one in the dark.

Yeah... It needs pinstadiums all right.

What I hate though. And i know that is why this thread exists, are people who try to sell the Evel Knievel and fireball home models for the price of the actual real arcade models. I might consider a nice conditioned Evel Knievel for around 1,600 if it was right in my backyard. Because, even though that is about 400-500 too high. The game shoots good(my opinion, and by the time I would pay for shipping, it balances out.

But, I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy the home versions of any pinball machine. No thank you. The new star wars one though... If it was around 1,800 might be worth it...

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/133?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.