5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,717 posts
  • 813 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 177 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,248 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191118-072442_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    firepower2 (resized).png
    firepower1 (resized).png
    D5268288-9C36-4160-87E8-2FF0C8523F25 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.55.37 PM (resized).jpg
    2BB5445F-8B37-47D3-AC60-17D7F9076E52 (resized).png
    playfield_xenon (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    4CC277E2-6A0A-4D7B-BDD8-22EF556FFC91 (resized).png
    IMG_2586 (resized).PNG
    Looper (resized).png
    looper (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 2.13.28 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.19.18 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191106-225007_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    48F27FF9-12F6-47B0-B876-8DD91022D26F (resized).jpeg

There are 6717 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 135.
    #6601 34 days ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

only 800 for this turd...
    vermont.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it the same one from the project thread a few weeks ago, from FB, that's currently listed for $175 in Bethlehem, NH? They are only 20 miles apart. I went round and round with this guy over his $1200 Space Mission a couple weeks ago. He was down to $350, but I wouldn't go more than $200, even though I really didn't want it.
    pin (resized).jpg

#6602 34 days ago

Should really triple thick that backglass before it gets worse.

#6603 34 days ago

I kinda like the backglass the way it is. It's called character. And the cabinet, well, that is called patina. Certainly a one-of-a-kind.

#6604 34 days ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I kinda like the backglass the way it is. It's called character. And the cabinet, well, that is called patina. Certainly a one-of-a-kind.

Yup has that stored outside look.

#6605 34 days ago

Rorschach... the game

#6606 33 days ago

Not a pinball machine, but had to share...

Untitled (resized).jpg

#6607 33 days ago

#6608 33 days ago

May as well put "was new when taken out of the box 61 years ago"

#6610 33 days ago

sfbay.craigslist.org link

This guy has been trying to sell a NIB DP LE for $14K .... been for sale for months..

#6611 33 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

This guy has been trying to sell a NIB DP LE for $14K .... been for sale for months..

Ahhhhhhh the classic "its rare" line

#6612 33 days ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I've actually heard Mike, Frank and some of their appraisers say rare doesn't = valuable. Think I've heard that on Pawn Stars too, even from someone other than Rick! I think he tells everyone trying to sell something that line.

Wish those AP episodes got more airplay!!

#6613 33 days ago

"rare is not equal to valuable" should pop up on the screen any time one of these liquidator types stumbles upon a bingo pinball machine.

#6614 33 days ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Like only 500 to be made... 10K by Xmas ???

#6615 33 days ago

"Rarely desirable" applies to most of the "Rare" stuff on offer.

#6616 32 days ago

If you are going to be snarky in your ad can we at least see the playfield or a photo of the machine not being used as a storage shelf?

Slugfest (resized).JPG
    #6617 32 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

If you are going to be snarky in your ad can we at least see the playfield or a photo of the machine not being used as a storage shelf?[quoted image]

I love how the machine is on and still all that crap on top

#6618 32 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

If you are going to be snarky in your ad can we at least see the playfield or a photo of the machine not being used as a storage shelf?[quoted image]

When I see this it makes me want to email and ask if it's available and how low would they go.

#6619 32 days ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

only 800 for this turd...
    vermont.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image]

The playfield looks to be in decent condition. I wonder how it stayed so nice given the horror show of the cabinet and backglass.

#6620 32 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I got him to add 10 more pictures. I had told him I’d take it if the playfield was ok, but I thought it was Middletown, Ct, but now I see it’s NY.

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

#6621 31 days ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

I got him to add 10 more pictures. I had told him I’d take it if the playfield was ok, but I thought it was Middletown, Ct, but now I see it’s NY.
    hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

What’s a couple more hours? You can hit Rock Fantasy while you are there!

#6622 31 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

What’s a couple more hours? You can hit Rock Fantasy while you are there!

For a total of 360 miles one way, but this definitely gives a bigger reason to go. Thanks for saving me the research time, Knowing me, I'd have missed it.

#6623 30 days ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/527368867832636/
    another bargain from Maine. She must be figuring on funding this winter's oil bill with this great find...

Screenshot_2019-10-19-10-04-29 (resized).png
    #6624 30 days ago

What a bargain. Needs work, can’t find one in better condition without it costing more money! Right.

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

8D3087D6-5DB5-4CFD-B13B-848580BA1E80 (resized).png
    #6625 29 days ago

And another. It works, just look! I wrote the guy and he said it just needs cleaned up. I’m guessing it may need a little more than that, lol.

louisville.craigslist.org link

93511B94-DEB9-4A50-B97F-24309F26FD1E (resized).png
    #6626 29 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Here it is. I've done nothing besides drive 800 miles and plug it in here on the northern boundary in Vermont. Not sure what color the balls are supposed to be, but I stopped at Pinball Resource and picked up a new set and the colors are nothing alike. Bunch of lights out too. The guy was a great guy.

slug play (resized).jpgslug side (resized).jpg
    #6627 28 days ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Here it is. I've done nothing besides drive 800 miles and plug it in here on the northern boundary in Vermont. Not sure what color the balls are supposed to be, but I stopped at Pinball Resource and picked up a new set and the colors are nothing alike. Bunch of lights out too. The guy was a great guy.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Someday I will grab one for myself.

#6628 28 days ago

I am not sure of the idea of putting $1000 worth of lighting into a Vegas machine...

Vegas (resized).JPG
    #6629 28 days ago

Well, if you buy 2 or 3 bulbs at a time and factor in shipping cost, it might add up to $1000.

#6631 28 days ago

Surely this is the greatest bargain ever... only 2k for a plastic toy...

acdc pin (resized).png
    #6632 28 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I am not sure of the idea of putting $1000 worth of lighting into a Vegas machine...[quoted image]

Me trying to figure out how one can even spend that much on bulbs

good-will-hunting-oral-history-2[1] (resized).jpg
    #6633 28 days ago

Buy them 1 at a time and overnight them, preferably from another country.

#6634 28 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I am not sure of the idea of putting $1000 worth of lighting into a Vegas machine...[quoted image]

Vegas is a great game. It has fun shots and rules (like score stealing) and amazing sounds. Sure it is over the top pink but so much fun. A great multiplayer game that will keep you coming back for more.

#6635 28 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I’m not really sure if she is for sale or the Trilogy is. It doesn’t specify or provide any other pictures.[quoted image]

Is there a pinball machine in this photo?
    I really didn't notice it...

#6636 28 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Poor guy is taking a $300 loss. I was thinking of offering he can keep the lighting and I'll take the game for free. At least it wouldn't be a loss to him then.

#6637 28 days ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Poor guy is taking a $300 loss. I was thinking of offering he can keep the lighting and I'll take the game for free. At least it wouldn't be a loss to him then.

Better yet, buy the machine for $700, sell the bulbs for the $1,000 that they’re obviously worth (at least!) and end up with the pin and $300 in your pocket!

And if you like that deal, I’ve got a bridge to sell you ...

#6638 28 days ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

And another. It works, just look! I wrote the guy and he said it just needs cleaned up. I’m guessing it may need a little more than that, lol.
    louisville.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

In good working condition my ass. Clearly the game is not booting. No displays and no attract mode.

#6639 28 days ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

In good working condition my ass. Clearly the game is not booting. No displays and no attract mode.

Yeah, I thought about writing him back with that, but clearly he knows more than I do about pinball. I took a shot at a $500 offer but honestly don’t need another basket case, so I’ll probably pass even if he writes back.

#6640 25 days ago
    E6073B8D-B013-4290-B9FE-F3AE9ACEF835 (resized).png
    #6641 25 days ago

How about a Pinside laugh?

22K??

I'' bet its a typo... $2200 mabey?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86721

Edit:he fixed the price already....lol

#6642 25 days ago

One one hand I am impressed with the whole thing mechanically. A spring loaded backglass that pops up? Pretty cool! On the other hand how do you play this? Kneeling on the ground in front of it? Its not built for legs so I guess you would kneel or sit on a very small chair. Dunno.

SpringLoadedBackglass (resized).JPG
    #6643 25 days ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

[quoted image]

Works perfectly, as in one flipper stays perfectly in place and does not move?

#6644 25 days ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

Works perfectly, as in one flipper stays perfectly in place and does not move?

I think that was an expensive add-on back when the game was first released - makes it extra special and way more challenging than the "regular" edition.

#6645 20 days ago

Spicy Mata Hari project.

Screenshot_2019-10-28 Project Pinball machine - Please read the description before messaging (resized).png
    #6646 20 days ago
    Quoted from bernieberg:

Spicy Mata Hari project.[quoted image]

Too hot to handle!

#6647 20 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Rediculous! I’m tired of looking at it

#6649 20 days ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Wow! Home use only!
    peoria.craigslist.org link

The best picture is the last one in the dark.

#6650 19 days ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

The best picture is the last one in the dark.

Yeah... It needs pinstadiums all right.

What I hate though. And i know that is why this thread exists, are people who try to sell the Evel Knievel and fireball home models for the price of the actual real arcade models. I might consider a nice conditioned Evel Knievel for around 1,600 if it was right in my backyard. Because, even though that is about 400-500 too high. The game shoots good(my opinion, and by the time I would pay for shipping, it balances out.

But, I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy the home versions of any pinball machine. No thank you. The new star wars one though... If it was around 1,800 might be worth it...

There are 6717 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 135.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside