Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,859 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Atari1977
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 178.
    #5701 5 years ago

That must be from Monster Bash 2.

#5704 5 years ago

That's why they call it "close encounters."

#5705 5 years ago

Munsters meets Rocky Horror.

#5706 5 years ago

Bride of Frankenstein

#5707 5 years ago

boston.craigslist.org link

02BFB5CB-7B14-4FA7-8A07-B50C515ACE72 (resized).png02BFB5CB-7B14-4FA7-8A07-B50C515ACE72 (resized).png
    #5708 5 years ago

Condition "fair". I wonder how much it would be if it was "excellent"?

Quoted from Rascal_H:

boston.craigslist.org link

#5709 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I wonder how much if it was Imamaculate?

#5710 5 years ago
    0072B5F0-CEC5-45C3-AA0E-264CD897572E (resized).png0072B5F0-CEC5-45C3-AA0E-264CD897572E (resized).png
    #5712 5 years ago

I wonder how much if it was Imamaculate?

I wonder how much if it were actually autographed by Bobby Orr? I think I recall seeing a listing once claiming the printed autograph was real, lol

1 week later
    #5714 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Ali $2400
    austin.craigslist.org link

Not too much over pinside value considering condition. I wouldn't pay it though.

#5715 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Not too much over pinside value considering condition. I wouldn't pay it though.

It’s hard to judge condition when pictures are taken in the dark lol. Pinside value must be skewed. Maybe some people cashed in after he died? There hasn’t been an actual Ali sold on pinside that was archived that I could find. I sure wouldn’t give $2400 for one.

#5716 5 years ago

ebay.com link: Paragon Pinball Machine 1979 CLASSIC

This one is actually in my "back yard", I sent the seller a courtesy message about his price... I'll provide any update I might get!

#5717 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Ali $2400

A friend had a Cassius Clay, and it moved to Canada

#5718 5 years ago

Hard to find BALLY Ro Go warrior Vintage Pinball Machine rare to find - $2700

santabarbara.craigslist.org link

#5719 5 years ago

Dont fall for it!

cl tz (resized).pngcl tz (resized).png
    #5720 5 years ago

Zizzle for $1,500 now that's a bargain !! I don't know what I found more hilarious, the fact that he called it "rare" or that he doesn't have the space for it.

plattsburgh.craigslist.org link

#5721 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Dont fall for it!

We have a special thread for the scams. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-fake-craigslist-ads-in-multiple-cities
    I've seen fewer of those in the past year. Not sure if it's CL changes, me using it less, scammers moving on to other methods, or some combination of all of the above that's causing it.

#5722 5 years ago

$6,500 Sega Star Wars but at least the price is negotiable

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

#5723 5 years ago

I found this today.. westmd.craigslist.org link

Someone else's response.... westmd.craigslist.org link

#5724 5 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I found this today.. westmd.craigslist.org link

Someone else's response.... westmd.craigslist.org link

Where are you going to find a new LOTR?

#5725 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Zizzle for $1,500 now that's a bargain !! I don't know what I found more hilarious, the fact that he called it "rare" or that he doesn't have the space for it.
    plattsburgh.craigslist.org link

I love the picture from eBay. Showing that it's rare and hard to find because some joker put one on eBay at $8,800

#5726 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Hard to find BALLY Ro Go warrior Vintage Pinball Machine rare to find - $2700
    santabarbara.craigslist.org link

A client of mine bought a ROGO for about $300 in mostly working condition, and he probably paid too much. What a dog of a machine.

#5727 5 years ago

Hell, I have a Zizzle sitting in my garage right now. I'd be willing to part with it for $1000. What, no takers?

#5728 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Hell, I have a Zizzle sitting in my garage right now. I'd be willing to part with it for $1000. What, no takers?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Have have cash money ready.

#5729 5 years ago

$4,000 Not Craigslist....but a laugh on eBay. Good thing the play field is cleaned and waxed. Want to protect the remaining paint!

Orange County Pinballs, a full service pinball shop.

Game is serviced by a professional pinball technician to make sure it is 100% fully functional. All rubber rings are replaced, miniature lightbulbs and flashers are replaced, the playfield is cleaned and waxed, and any necessary mechanical parts are replaced or refurbished so your new pinball machine provides years of enjoyment.

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 1.44.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-13 at 1.44.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-13 at 1.45.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-13 at 1.45.34 PM (resized).png

#5730 5 years ago

Facebook fun, alongside with 3 eBay listings to justify the price. Check out that playfield; "not too shabby"

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/656370984710668/
    IMG_6647 (resized).PNGIMG_6647 (resized).PNGIMG_6645 (resized).PNGIMG_6645 (resized).PNGIMG_6646 (resized).PNGIMG_6646 (resized).PNGIMG_6644 (resized).PNGIMG_6644 (resized).PNG

#5731 5 years ago

Not too shabby? I wonder what shabby would look like? Why not just sand the playfield down to bare wood and clear it. Screw the artwork. That way you could just concentrate on the ball action and not be distracted by the art.

#5732 5 years ago

"Mine has all the original paint". Maybe you should look again.

#5733 5 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

"Mine has all the original paint". Maybe you should look again.

"Mine has all the original paint"....probably means the original paint is still there, but is in powder form sitting in the bottom of the cabinet after being worn away from his lack of proper maintenance.

#5734 5 years ago

Maybe he'll give it you in a baggy, and you can reassemble it like a puzzle?

1 week later
    #5735 5 years ago

Too rich for my blood....

Masq (resized).jpgMasq (resized).jpg
    #5736 5 years ago
    B933446A-93E0-4279-94F7-D34AF9E74CE5 (resized).pngB933446A-93E0-4279-94F7-D34AF9E74CE5 (resized).png
    #5737 5 years ago

What a steal!

sillypin (resized).jpgsillypin (resized).jpg

#5738 5 years ago

OK 1, it is Ebarf aand 2 it is a Video game: BUDWEISER-TAPPER-COCKTAIL $1709.99
    You are purchasing Non-Working Arcade Game - As Is Where Is - As Seen In Pics - What you see is what you get - Games dose NOT Work

ebay.com link: 100 Complete Original MIDWAY BUDWEISER TAPPER COCKTAIL TABLE 500 MADE

#5739 5 years ago

Gottlieb woodrail, #RotoPool $3000

#5740 5 years ago

says to make him an offer "that is real"

does that imply he knows the asking price isn't "real"?

what does "real" mean If I offered him what I feel the game is worth to me, and I think it's a "real" offer, he may not.

Why not just post the "real" asking price?

It does look nice though

#5741 5 years ago

WOW!!! What a steal!!!

oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

#5742 5 years ago

it's one of us

#5743 5 years ago

Only 3K Worn down to wood. No lock bar, no glass, rotted rubbers

richmond.craigslist.org link

Original 1977 big top pinball - $3000

I have a all original 1977 big too pinball machine it needs some work but all the parts are there it still lights up and makes noises just needs new glass and some other little things

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).png
    #5744 5 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1303061519825321/

No mention of the number of plays in the last 12 years, though.

imamaculate (resized).jpgimamaculate (resized).jpg
    #5745 5 years ago

That cabinet is split pretty bad. And for the low price of 3k!

#5746 5 years ago

Hey guys

Hope all is well with everyone. Just wanted to chime in and ask for advice. I know a lot of the games we see on Craigslist are ridiculous of course. I know there is a Blue Book on pinball machines that list their values. And I've seen this book and not sure if the questions I'm asking are in the blue book. It's been awhile since I opened one up.

My questions to all of you is this.

The value that they list on the pinball machines in the blue book how do they determine that value?

Is the value listed based on a game that needs to be shopped out or already shopped?

Fully functional? To what degree? Everything works but the bumpers are dead and the flippers have no power or maybe the some of the lights are burnt out?

What if the game is super clean and what defines super clean or exceptional and how much would that change the actual price?

Lets say a value of $500 is put on a particular wedge head. Is that because it's a 7 on a 10 scale?

What is a 7 or a 5?

What if its a 10 should you offer the seller more money and if so how much? $200? $300?

Or bottom line do you just go with your best judgement?

I would guess the same set of questions would apply when determining what you should sell your game for?

#5747 5 years ago

When I'm shopping, I start with the Market Archive you can find here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive

See what the game you're shopping for has sold for in the past. Then I'll check out current listings and see what people are asking for the same game. Pictures in both the archive and the current listings will give you a good idea of where to price yours in the range of listings.

Then you have to determine what you're comfortable paying. For example, right after I started playing pinball, I went to PAPA and played a Bally Safari. I immediately wanted one. My research revealed that one had never been sold on Pinside, making valuation almost impossible. After finally finding one for sale on ebay (yuck), I decided that I wanted it and didn't care that I was going to pay what some would have considered "too much". But to me, it was worth it.

Anyway, there are a lot of factors that go into valuation, but most of all, it's what you want to pay. If you're comfortable paying a premium for something that's hard to find and you really want, then go for it.

When I find on that needs work, you typically have a good idea of what it will cost to fix. Then subtract the cost of parts and some labor from the price and shoot them an offer. Provided parts aren't impossible to find, most things can be fixed relatively cheaply outside of cabinet repair, board corrosion damage and playfield restoration.

#5748 5 years ago

That's good advice. Thank You!

#5749 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Not too shabby? I wonder what shabby would look like? Why not just sand the playfield down to bare wood and clear it. Screw the artwork. That way you could just concentrate on the ball action and not be distracted by the art.

I wonder what a playfield would cost?

#5750 5 years ago

The guy seems to think this is perfect...I think the second flipper bats tell another story.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

B1651014-5F0E-4120-A4A0-3C59811B6D58 (resized).pngB1651014-5F0E-4120-A4A0-3C59811B6D58 (resized).png
    There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/115?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.