Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 178.
    #5501 6 years ago

nashville.craigslist.org link

Might be worth looking into for someone.

#5502 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I think that this machine is listed in the Pinside market place right now. Seems reasonable to me if you don't fear the remake.

It’s worth whatever someone will pay for it. That said, I would NEVER pay that much for a BBR. Maybe 10k at the most.

#5503 6 years ago
    Quoted from homersimpson007:

Forgive me for thinking that for $4100, your F14 would actually work.
    boston.craigslist.org link

I wrote to the seller asking, politely, if they meant $1400 and it was a typo. I referred them to... well the internet to check pricing. 5 mins later it was dropped to $2100 haha. When I inquired a bit more, I was told "it sold for less okay"

#5504 6 years ago

newyork.craigslist.org link

I hope it doesn't go off near me!

#5505 6 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

nashville.craigslist.org link
    Might be worth looking into for someone.

looks like the zipper flippers need some work

#5507 6 years ago

On the Pinside market by "new member". $2,000 beat up Klondike.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62729

#5508 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62729

"Machine works. Back glass in good shape."
    Really?? I see a LOT of paint flaking
    BTW where is the lock-down bar and back box door?

#5509 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Might be another potential scammer...
    Anyone try to contact the seller yet?

#5510 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Might be another potential scammer...
    Anyone try to contact the seller yet?

noobie who could not sell it on Craigslist no doubt.

#5511 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

noobie who could not sell it on Craigslist no doubt.

And thinks a website dedicated to pinheads would be the best place to shill? Will they never learn?

#5513 6 years ago
    Quoted from ruddiger52:

Got to be a joke, right? Maybe not in this crazy world.

#5514 6 years ago

There's nothing I like better than a good old fashioned game of Zaxxon Pinball!

20180414_155357 (resized).jpg20180414_155357 (resized).jpg

#5515 6 years ago

nh.craigslist.org link
    he started at $500 a couple weeks ago, now $350 firm. Anyone got the heart to tell him that's all they sell for working, not with a battery burned mpu?

#5516 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Got to be a joke, right? Maybe not in this crazy world.

I can’t even tell these days.

#5517 6 years ago

$2000 for a Raven seems reasonable

raleigh.craigslist.org link

#5518 6 years ago
    Quoted from mack505:

$2000 for a Raven seems reasonable
    raleigh.craigslist.org link

the game is just a bad play. i would pass at $750

#5519 6 years ago

Is there a special category for pinside marketplace ?

a Williams Straight Flush for $5,000

#5520 6 years ago

He's putting out a feeler to get an idea if anyone is looking...

Everyone, please be polite and send a reply that you are looking...

seattle.craigslist.org link

Just the Superman, Paragon, Black Knight and Pinbot are going for 18k usd right now on eBay.

#5521 6 years ago

austin.craigslist.org link
    How about an The Incredible Hulk backglass in poor condition for $700?
    At least he didn't claim it's in imamaculate condition.

#5522 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

austin.craigslist.org link
    How about an The Incredible Hulk backglass in poor condition for $700?
    At least he didn't claim it's in imamaculate condition.

Damn you beat me to posting this.

It's original paint though!

#5523 6 years ago

newjersey.craigslist.org link

I know its not a pin, but thought this was hilarious. A broken lamp only $350. but it still works...

#5524 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

He's putting out a feeler to get an idea if anyone is looking...
    Everyone, please be polite and send a reply that you are looking...
    seattle.craigslist.org link

Bally Rolling Stones -one of three in Canada. How the hell does he even think that's possible? idiot.

#5525 6 years ago

Not a Craigslist laugh, but a damn good Facebook one:

26FA0430-B9D7-417D-92F2-FF326B394BFE (resized).png26FA0430-B9D7-417D-92F2-FF326B394BFE (resized).png
    F1968101-73D2-475D-A5F6-E067543AE8AE (resized).pngF1968101-73D2-475D-A5F6-E067543AE8AE (resized).png
    1DF2CD74-BD02-47FC-896F-D11BA34C768C (resized).png1DF2CD74-BD02-47FC-896F-D11BA34C768C (resized).png

#5526 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Not a Craigslist laugh, but a damn good Facebook one:

Why?!?!?

#5527 6 years ago

I seem to recall that in the early 2000s, PS2's were being used in distributed computing efforts like SETI@home and folding@home, and as media servers, since linux could be installed for either purpose. I'm pretty sure PS2's are no longer supported since distributed computing project support for PS3's was ended over 5 years ago, which would make make the PS2 hardware not very valuable at this point.

The paragon parts are likely more valuable than the stack of PS2's.

#5528 6 years ago

wasn't the platinum in the ps2 also coveted?

#5529 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Just the Superman, Paragon, Black Knight and Pinbot are going for 18k usd right now on eBay.

I'm gonna list a pair of dirty socks on ebay for $1000, then everyone can value their laundry hamper at $100k.

#5530 6 years ago

I’ve got 2 laundry hampers. I’ll let them both go together for $150K

#5531 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I seem to recall that in the early 2000s, PS2's were being used in distributed computing efforts like SETI@home and folding@home, and as media servers, since linux could be installed for either purpose. I'm pretty sure PS2's are no longer supported since distributed computing project support for PS3's was ended over 5 years ago, which would make make the PS2 hardware not very valuable at this point.
    The paragon parts are likely more valuable than the stack of PS2's.

The PS2 never did any of that. The PS3 did.

#5532 6 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The PS2 never did any of that. The PS3 did.

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=722968

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1394

There were some efforts with the PS2 (but not with F@H or SETI like I originally thought)--the most widespread efforts appeared to go into the PS3.

#5534 5 years ago

Better hurry up on this one. Non-negotiable and a perfect spot to place your coffee mug, too!

#5535 5 years ago

Never good when the description includes "The game does smell."

columbus.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5536 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Never good when the description includes "The game does smell."
    columbus.craigslist.org link

The gameplay stinks on it's own, doesn't need any help.

#5537 5 years ago

Here's one I just saw. Not only is the price crazy, I think the phrase "restored to original cabinet" is a bit of a stretch.

chicago.craigslist.org link

Dave

#5538 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=722968
    https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1394
    There were some efforts with the PS2 (but not with F@H or SETI like I originally thought)--the most widespread efforts appeared to go into the PS3.

Thanks for the info. I have own both and didn't know that this was ported for the PS2.

#5539 5 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Here's one I just saw. Not only is the price crazy, I think the phrase "restored to original cabinet" is a bit of a stretch.

From the ad:
    Very Nice Original art glass, restored to original cabinet, super condition playfield with all new parts. Spin a Card is one of the popular "A Card" series and are next to impossible to find in this condition for sale. Others in this series include Spot a Card, Pop a Card, Drop a Card, Flip a Card and Select a Card.

From Pinrescue:
    Very Nice Original art glass, restored to original cabinet, super condition playfield with all new parts. Spin a Card is one of the popular “A Card” series and are next to impossible to find in this restored condition for sale. Others in this series include Spot a Card, Pop a Card, Drop a Card, Flip a Card and Select a Card

From the ad:
    Movies from 1969 when this Spin a Card was brand new Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Midnight Cowboy, Easy Rider and Goodbye Columbus don't wait another decade for that vintage pinball machine you have always wanted. Spin a Card is the favorite machine of many pinball players.

From Pinrescue:
    Movies from 1969 when this Spin a Card was brand new Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Midnight Cowboy, Easy Rider and Goodbye Columbus don’t wait another decade for that vintage pinball machine you have always wanted. Spin a Card is the favorite machine of many pinball players.

From the ad:
    Game play features light animation on the backglass when the ball goes into either spin hole the cards flash around and award the card it stops on great fun. Get all ten cards out and specials light for many free games. One of the only games that awards a replay with a drain past the flippers!

From Pinrescue:
    Game play features light animation on the backglass when the ball goes into either spin hole the cards flash around and award the card it stops on great fun. Get all ten cards out and specials light for many free games. One of the only games that awards a replay with a drain past the flippers!

#5540 5 years ago

@droptarget, nice detective work! So, it looks like the guy not only stole pinrescue's description verbatim, I'm guessing he also stole their price.

Obviously, the only thing he didn't take from pinrescue was the pictures as the pictures included clearly show that this is NOT a pristine example of this game.

Dave

#5541 5 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

nice detective work

He referenced Pinrescue in his ad, as "This same unit refurbished just sold for 5k!"
    Thing is Pinrescue had 5000.00 as the price, not necessarily what it sold for though, oh and yes, this was not a pin rescue restoration.

#5542 5 years ago

Well, he probably figured if pinrescue sold it for $5k then his beater is worth at least $2900. Whenever someone has a game and says "but pinrescue blah blah blah" I tell them to call him and ask him how much he'd pay for their game in its present condition and then call me back. I never get a call back...

#5543 5 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Totally agree; when DO these people give up? This one is just around the 3 1/2 year mark: rochester.craigslist.org link

Ugh, gotten a notification every three or four days on this thing for at least a year

IMG_5059 (resized).PNGIMG_5059 (resized).PNG

#5544 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Ugh, gotten a notification every three or four days on this thing for at least a year

Put "-tabletop" in your automated pinball search and you shouldn't see it anymore.

#5545 5 years ago

To quote Dr. Evil, "....right....".

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#5546 5 years ago

am I missing the 2nd fastbreak included for that price? I don't see it in the photos

#5547 5 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

To quote Dr. Evil, "....right....".

Huh. Haven't gotten this on in my email notifications yet.

Did I tick a "Don't bother me with bullshit" checkbox and not realize it?

#5548 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Buy it and throw it in the garbage. It'll be the best ten bucks you ever spent.

#5549 5 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Buy it and throw it in the garbage. It'll be the best ten bucks you ever spent.

Even better, buy it, then smash it to oblivion in the sellers driveway, turn around without saying a word, and leave

#5550 5 years ago

Theres a $10 toy pinball that pops up every few days in the Detroit area if I was closer I would go get it to smash.I have emailed them twice offering to send cash if they would just throw it in the trash.

There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/111?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.