5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,912 posts
  • 835 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,289 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E3D86D96-3789-476A-9FDB-254FC6B0CEBF (resized).jpeg
    CL1 (2) (resized).jpg
    wagon train (resized).jpg
    Pinballmachine (resized).png
    2A618F8D-EAAF-4800-AAB1-92DD4C2EC858 (resized).png
    PinballShark (resized).JPG
    JJP PoC (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).png
    2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Poker (resized).png
    1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).png
    1qi8cf (resized).jpg

There are 6912 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 139.
    #501 5 years ago

newjersey.craigslist.org link

Antique Gottlieb Arcade model Pinball machine(functional) - $25000 (New Jersey)

Antique Arcade model Gottlieb pinball machine. Totally functional & in great shape. Also, a 48"
    Howard Miller Antique Gym clock.

Pinball machine: $ 25,000 firm

Clock:$ 1,875

Serious inquirers only

hahahahaha...no.

#502 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

" target="_blank">newjersey.craigslist.org link

hahahahaha...no.

haha. I offered him $24,000.

#503 5 years ago

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Pinball pity berg - $5000 (Pittsburgh)

make / manufacturer: Williams
    model name / number: 666

safety tips
    prohibited items
    product recalls
    avoiding scams

I'm sorry dude for giving you a guilt trip !! I mean no harm .... We all know you'd sell your mother for a big Mack at McDonald's!! Hell isn't that what America's for !! Go Freedumb !!! By the way illuminati made me do it !!! Ronald Ragan is God !!! Don't let your mullet get to tight !! Woop woop

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

#504 5 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Whaat?

#505 5 years ago

I think someone stumbled upon one of the weirder corners of craigslist...

#506 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

newjersey.craigslist.org link

hahahahaha...no.

What no pictures?

#507 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What no pictures?

I sent an inquiry just for the heck of it to see what this guy had. No response yet.

I'm guessing it's just a common game in poor shape, and the fellow is drastically overestimating it because it's "old".

#508 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I sent an inquiry just for the heck of it to see what this guy had. No response yet.
    I'm guessing it's just a common game in poor shape, and the fellow is drastically overestimating it because it's "old".

Even though the price is firm, he will take 24k in case anyone is interested. Haha

#509 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I contacted him, and got a reply.

It's a 1970 Gottlieb Card Trix. No other info, but I suspect it's filled with gold bars.

#510 5 years ago

Clearly it's being used as a safe deposit box and has $24500 in valuables inside

#511 5 years ago

As if I don't have better ways to spend my time ... here' my reply:

(seller's name is Harry)

Thank you Harry.

I believe you might be overpricing it quite a bit. I’m not trying to be disresepectful, I know pinball machines very well. Gottlieb’s are wonderful pinball machines; some of the best made. Unfortunately they just don’t command the amount you are asking. If it was new, in-box, never plugged in, then you might be able to fetch five or six thousand. Once unboxed and played (home-use only, and kept in climate-control, out of the sun to prevent fading), then you’re down to three to four thousand. And if it was ever placed in an arcade where it is left powered on all day and played thousands of times over the course of its life, then all bets are off - you’re looking at $300-$1200 depending on how badly it’s worn and faded.

Best regards on a sale. You’re local to me, and I’m quite passionate about the hobby - so please forgive the unsolicited advice.

=================

Yes, I refrained from crying foul and insulting the guy. I think I'll get out of my cave now and enjoy the day elsewhere ... need to forget how much of a weiner this hobby has made of me.

#512 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

(seller's name is Harry)
    Thank you Harry.
    I believe you might be overpricing it quite a bit. I’m not trying to be disresepectful, I know pinball machines very well. Gottlieb’s are wonderful pinball machines; some of the best made. Unfortunately they just don’t command the amount you are asking. If it was new, in-box, never plugged in, then you might be able to fetch five or six thousand. Once unboxed and played (home-use only, and kept in climate-control, out of the sun to prevent fading), then you’re down to three to four thousand. And if it was ever placed in an arcade where it is left powered on all day and played thousands of times over the course of its life, then all bets are off - you’re looking at $300-$1200 depending on how badly it’s worn and faded.
    Best regards on a sale. You’re local to me, and I’m quite passionate about the hobby - so please forgive the unsolicited advice.
    =================
    Yes, I refrained from crying foul and insulting the guy. I think I'll get out of my cave now and enjoy the day elsewhere ... need to forget how much of a weiner this hobby has made of me.

I cannot wait to hear his response. Hopefully all hell doesn't break loose. I actually sent a similar response to someone on CL a while back and they cut their price in half the next day.

#513 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

This fellow responded to me as well, and I more or less offered a similar "unsolicited advice" response.

#514 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I cannot wait to hear his response. Hopefully all hell doesn't break loose. I actually sent a similar response to someone on CL a while back and they cut their price in half the next day.

I did the same to a guy in Franklin Lakes with a Flash maybe two weeks ago. He had a meltdown. I responded with a sincere but pointed response. Something to the tone of listing an ad "Serious buyers only" but posting crappy photos and detail, along with an unrealistic price. He replied with a sort of recant and 'thank you', then lowered his price the next day. Still too high, but hey - a good pinball deed done.

#515 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I did the same to a guy in Franklin Lakes with a Flash maybe two weeks ago. He had a meltdown. I responded with a sincere but pointed response. Something to the tone of listing an ad "Serious buyers only" but posting crappy photos and detail, along with an unrealistic price. He replied with a sort of recant and 'thank you', then lowered his price the next day. Still too high, but hey - a good pinball deed done.

Yeah I mean, you say serious offers only, yet your post is anything but serious with horrible photos, or no photos, and a laughable price.

#516 5 years ago

I saw that and was going to do the same thing, but I didn't bother as every time you see a listing from Franklin Lakes, for anything, the price is way out of line. Lots of people there seem to be sheltered and a bit unrealistic, or maybe just greedy.

#517 5 years ago

mendocino.craigslist.org link

$3K for a nice Cyclone. Yep.

-mof

#518 5 years ago

there's something in that water up in lake county

meanwhile I think I'll drive down to freegoldwatch and play some pinball

#519 5 years ago

stlouis.craigslist.org link

Volley Pinball Machine - $2500 (Wildwood, MO)

Well, in all fairness, it does have the 'original electrical blue print'

#520 5 years ago

sandiego.craigslist.org link
    here's a beat up spirit of 76 EM for 2K...

#521 5 years ago

Came across this on e-bay. The seller has a sense of humor.

ebay.com link » Steaming Pile Of Sh Shaq Pinball Parts

Hack-a-Shaq? No! Scrap-a-Shaq!
    Priced to sell quickly.
    The BOSS said to clear out the piles & piles & piles of stuff hoarding storage space.

Evaluate photos closely please.
    As Is / As Shown / No Returns Please!

#523 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just in time for the Super Bowl:
    ebay.com link » Dallas Cowboys Custom Pinball Machine Real Classic Gottlieb Bells Chimes More

I'd say that that table is quite a catch. But on further review, no. No it's not.

#524 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I'd say that that table is quite a catch. But on further review, no. No it's not.

... oh wait, I found a better one, and it's "Local pick-up only" too.

ebay.com link » 1980 Gottlieb Roller Disco Pinball Machine Best In World Grc Restoration

#525 5 years ago

That's a winner!

#526 5 years ago

... oh wait, I found a better one, and it's "Local pick-up only" too.

It's the free signed poster that makes this a deal! LOL

#527 5 years ago

oh wait, I found a better one, and it's "Local pick-up only" too.

ebay.com link » 1980 Gottlieb Roller Disco Pinball Machine Best In World Grc Restoration

GRC is always priced pretty high, though not if you think about how much time they put into their pins. Of course why you'd put that much effort into something like a roller disco is beyond me.

Also most of the time they list high (like many other retailers) and they wait to see the best offer they get (most people don't pay what they're asking).

#528 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

... Of course why you'd put that much effort into something like a roller disco is beyond me.
    (most people don't pay what they're asking).

Especially when I saw things like Haunted House going for under $2K on eBay last night (if I were to go ing to buy a pin local pick up only).

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Haunted House Pinball Machine 3 Level Playing Field

#529 5 years ago

Especially when I saw things like Haunted House going for under $2K on eBay last night (if I were to go ing to buy a pin local pick up only).
    ebay.com link » Gottlieb Haunted House Pinball Machine 3 Level Playing Field

Seems a little bit steep for such a blown out game, no?

#530 5 years ago

How about $1k for an Atari Superman? Flaking backglass, wear spots on playfield, missing a flipper...but it was tested and working 8 year ago!

ebay.com link » Superman Pinball Machine Working

#531 5 years ago

Probably not a bad price, but those rubber band flipper rubbers don't quite look "like nu".

newyork.craigslist.org link

#532 5 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Probably not a bad price, but those rubber band flipper rubbers don't quite look "like nu".
    newyork.craigslist.org link

I think I saw the same one a couple months back for $250 further upstate.

#533 5 years ago

inlandempire.craigslist.org link
    "I have a 1972 Williams Fan Tas Tic pinball machines needs some more work on it to get it working right the Backglass has a crack but in great shape i have to many project to work on so i am selling this one to make room $550.00 obo"

I have never seen a back glass that has a crack but is in good shape...

#534 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

" target="_blank">inlandempire.craigslist.org link

I have never seen a back glass that has a crack but is in good shape...

Thus, no pictures in the ad. Sounds legit.

#535 5 years ago

I don't know what this thing is worth but when you see 'Coffee Mate Pinball' you have to click on it:

raleigh.craigslist.org link

My favorite line when taken out of context:

"this is a $ 50-75 value
    I am asking $ 600"

Sounds like most craigslist ads I see

#537 5 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

"Wont last long"
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

"Barn Strokers"? He can't even read the side of the cabinet?
    and his little "history" on pinball. Yeah it's very little (or accurate).
    "Won't last long" ...Sheeyah! I bet that part's true
    "This pins one of the last to be made". Not even for WMS is that true.

... seems legit.

#538 5 years ago

But you can pay for it by charging your friends to play it!

#539 5 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

"Wont last long"

Hahaha I just saw that one, got a good laugh. Especially the part about charging your friends to recoup your investment. Guess I've been missing out all this time haha...

#540 5 years ago

"How many of your friends can actually say that they have their very own "real" arcade style pinball machine in their own hose"

I admit..it felt like a pinball machine....but it was just a kidney stone.

#541 5 years ago
    Quoted from kennyp2112:

"How many of your friends can actually say that they have their very own "real" arcade style pinball machine in their own hose"
    I admit..it felt like a pinball machine....but it was just a kidney stone.

I asked him to wire me $1,000 to make sure his ad wasn't a scam.

#542 5 years ago

this one is absolute icing on the craigslist cake!

Screenshot_2015-01-20-20-23-24.png

Post edited by tk-the-jammer: Change wording

#543 5 years ago
    Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

this one is absolute icing on the cake!

Ali-G is trying to sell "techmology"?
    -mof

What a classic...9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9
    homo sapien
    floater

#544 5 years ago

Shizzle my zizzle!

#545 5 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

"Wont last long"

"manfukturing" lol

#546 5 years ago

Before it gets removed. Could not believe this "Barn Stroker" find.

" Barn Strokers dracula Pinball machine, Very Rare - $7500 (sf)

This is an incredible rare Barn Strokers dracula pinball machine. How many of your friends can actually say that they have their very own "real" arcade style pinball machine in their own hose?

A little history about pinball. Pinball in its heyday was the top selling arcade style machine. As sales declined, all pinball manfukturing came to a grinding halt sometime in the 2000's which is why pinball machines are such a rarity in todays market.

This pinball machine was one of the last to be made and is one of the hottest tittles ever to be released. You could easily recoup your investment on this machine by hosting parties at your home and getting paid by the fact that it actually accepts real money to play it.

Wont last long!"

#547 5 years ago

this ad made me smile. it's funny too as there was a BSD for sale in Concord for $2800 or something just a few weeks back so it's not hard to even get some sort of sense for the market

#548 5 years ago
    Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

this one is absolute icing on the craigslist cake!

Post edited by tk-the-jammer: Change wording

Screenshot_2015-01-20-20-23-24.p... 1.2 MB

Reads like an unfunny racist joke to me. Some white idiot pinball person trying to sound black.

#549 5 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

"Wont last long"

How do you fit a full sized arcade style pinball machine in your hose?

#550 5 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

"manfukturing" lol

I was waiting for someone to make fun of that. Any coincidence this add is from San Fran?

There are 6912 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside