Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,860 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by Foxxstone_80
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 178.
    #5351 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

How would we know if they actually screw in properly?

The same guy has the cabinet ripped apart in four pieces and is selling them individually as "art". Who the hell would buy that?

And that is pure rhetoric, as obviously some people in the world have questionable intelligence, taste and/or motives.

#5352 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

The same guy has the cabinet ripped apart in four pieces and is selling them individually as "art". Who the hell would buy that?
    And that is pure rhetoric, as obviously some people in the world have questionable intelligence, taste and/or motives.

That seller is always parting out games and usually listing the remains with high prices--like you referenced, he tends to list cabinet pieces and stripped playfields as "americana pop art".

#5353 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

My father was in a wheelchair my entire life, paralyzed from the waist down from a motorcycle accident when I was only 2, until he unfortunately passed away in 1999.
    I think this conversion is nothing less than awesome, if it enabled someone or several people that were handicapped to enjoy the lure of the silver ball. A lot of ingenuity and design went into converting this game, and it would be stellar to be able to save it.
    I just sent the guy a message asking if he would be willing to work with me on price if I could get it running and continue using it for its intended purpose. Perhaps take it to various hospitals and leave it there for a period of time so it can continue to be enjoyed by patients, or those that are not able to play a standard game.
    Hopefully I hear back.

Wow! What an unfriendly seller/person. And they don't use proper English, which really gets on my nerves. I had one typo, but his last message barely makes sense.

At this point, I'm not extraordinarily optimistic. Obviously you have to read each message starting at the bottom.

A real shame that a game with a history like this ends up in the hands of somebody like this. From the other items he sells, seems like he might be someone that buys abandoned storage units.

IMG_5174 (resized).PNGIMG_5174 (resized).PNG
    IMG_5173 (resized).PNGIMG_5173 (resized).PNG

#5354 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Wow! What an unfriendly seller/person. And they don't use proper English, which really gets on my nerves. I had one typo, but his last message barely makes sense.
    At this point, I'm not extraordinarily optimistic. Obviously you have to read each message starting at the bottom.
    A real shame that a game with a history like this ends up in the hands of somebody like this. From the other items he sells, seems like he might be someone that buys abandoned storage units.

Meh, just another flipper with dollar signs in their eyes. I don't waste my time with those guys.

#5355 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I'll have one wit.

I see what you did there.

#5356 6 years ago

Ahh , the Alma Mater of time

#5357 6 years ago

Mater of Time, that's like Father Time's wife?

#5358 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Wow, what a jerk. Not only is $1000 a very fair offer, it's for a great cause. The seller also obviously has no personal attachment to the machine, so why wouldn't he want to sell it. Some people man....

#5359 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Wow, what a jerk. Not only is $1000 a very fair offer, it's for a great cause. The seller also obviously has no personal attachment to the machine, so why wouldn't he want to sell it. Some people man....

My thoughts exactly. Doesn't sound like the word philanthropy is in his vocabulary. Well, apparently matter isn't either. Like I said, just a shame this is the guy that stumbled upon such a unique game.

#5360 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

My thoughts exactly. Doesn't sound like the word philanthropy is in his vocabulary. Well, apparently matter isn't either. Like I said, just a shame this is the guy that stumbled upon such a unique game.

Just a bad situation there. A scumbag ends up with a device used in hospitals. Most unfortunate. I don't know if you are going to have much luck reasoning with him

#5361 6 years ago

You guys are ridiculous. The guy can't speak english too well, so what. Does that make him a scumbag or a jerk? No.

If he buys and sells storage units, he is in this to make money, not to be a charity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I know plenty of people who are charitable but never mix it with their business operations.

Pinside lists the machine at $2,700, would you sell it for $1,000 if you had it? I wouldn't, and I don't believe you really would either. The guy isn't into donating pinball machines to hospitals, so what.

The guy is probably on his storage forum complaining that a pinball jerk is lowballing him on it.

#5362 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

You guys are ridiculous. The guy can't speak english too well, so what. Does that make him a scumbag or a jerk? No.
    If he buys and sells storage units, he is in this to make money, not to be a charity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I know plenty of people who are charitable but never mix it with their business operations.
    Pinside lists the machine at $2,700, would you sell it for $1,000 if you had it? I wouldn't, and I don't believe you really would either. The guy isn't into donating pinball machines to hospitals, so what.
    The guy is probably on his storage forum complaining that a pinball jerk is lowballing him on it.

I’m just going to be completely honest here. SMB is not a $2700 game. SMB is only valuable to non pinball people. It is an absolutely awful game. And yes I owned one for years so I feel comfortable saying it. That being said, I get that the machine was made for a purpose but from a pinball collectible position that game is in horrible condition. It needs a complete new cabinet. It is damaged. It’s not working. Are you sure it’s worth $1000? Lol. I’m not certain I’d give that for it and I buy just about anything lol

#5363 6 years ago

If that were my machine, in that condition, and someone offered me "$1000 maybe $1200" I'd jerk that money away from them so fast they wouldn't know what hit em'. The fact that it would be used to help disabled kids have fun is just icing on the $1000 cake. The guy is a fool for not taking that money.

#5364 6 years ago

I agree it’s not a $2700 machine (ever) but not taking 1000 bucks from some random internet guy that’s trying to educate him on the price doesn’t make him a jerk.

It’s just funny to hear pinsiders disparage others who are not as enlightened as they are.

#5365 6 years ago

I saw a STAR EXPLORER on Facebook for $800 it is in Centerville MI
    the older ad has it for $1100.00

#5366 6 years ago

I agree it’s not a $2700 machine (ever) but not taking 1000 bucks from some random internet guy that’s trying to educate him on the price doesn’t make him a jerk.
    It’s just funny to hear pinsiders disparage others who are not as enlightened as they are.

I agree, I guess what rubs me the wrong way about people like that is the fact that they're selling an item, but refuse to put a price on it. They expect people to put in bids on it and then wait indefinitely for the seller to see if he can squeeze someone for a few extra bucks. Put a price on it and get sold I say. Especially if you're a flipper like someone mentioned earlier.

#5367 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I agree, I guess what rubs me the wrong way about people like that is the fact that they're selling an item, but refuse to put a price on it. They expect people to put in bids on it and then wait indefinitely for the seller to see if he can squeeze someone for a few extra bucks. Put a price on it and get sold I say. Especially if you're a flipper like someone mentioned earlier.

That’s where the laugh came in. The guy is asking $2495 for it. It’s a crappy game when fully working and nice. A good game for kids so I get what Colsond3 wanted it for. But $2495 is a laugh so in this thread he was rightfully made fun of. He is going to have it for a long long time I’d say

#5368 6 years ago

A pinball jerk? I am far from that Jack. This is far from even a $2000 game given the manipulations that have been done to it, the fact that it's not working and obviously has cosmetic damage. I don't care what Pinside says. You can buy this game all day for 1800 - 2000 bucks in fair condition.

I am more enlightened than he is. I have been in the hobby for nine years, and know much more about what games are worth, and what they need to be repaired than this schmuck does. Notwithstanding, when you run a business, you don't speak with customers or potential customers that way.

And I can pick apart grammar as much as I want. If you're going to be sarcastic with somebody, and try to be snippy, at least do it with proper words and composition. Doing anything less just makes that person look like a moron.

Check the threads. I've given pins away for free for lesser causes. For what it is, the price I offered him is more than reasonable period.

#5369 6 years ago

What's that saying about glass houses?

#5370 6 years ago

I thought I read a thread a couple months back that said he was gone from Pinside, but I guess we were wrong.

#5372 6 years ago

Colson you are clearly missing the irony here.

I wasn’t saying you are a jerk. I was laughing at the fact that he was probably bitching about pinball jerks just like people here were bitching about junk flipper jerks.

Everyone needs to get over themselves.

#5373 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

The elusive 1972 SS

From the ad, "but since it has solid state components, the reliability is far superior to the EM versions." Ha! A System 1 Gottlieb that is more reliable than their EM games. Pure comedy gold!

#5374 6 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

From the ad, "but since it has solid state components, the reliability is far superior to the EM versions." Ha! A System 1 Gottlieb that is more reliable than their EM games. Pure comedy gold!

So reliable he had to spend $$$ replacing the board and power supply.

#5375 6 years ago

The new game code is outstanding and really makes this Ultra Rare Pin stand out..

atlanta.craigslist.org link

More than the local NIB distro price...

#5376 6 years ago

This has to be someone from here.....right?

buffalo.craigslist.org link

IMG_3822 (resized).PNGIMG_3822 (resized).PNG

IMG_3823 (resized).PNGIMG_3823 (resized).PNG

#5377 6 years ago

The saga continues.

newyork.craigslist.org link

#5378 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

The saga continues.
    newyork.craigslist.org link

Number 13 out of 20....

#5379 6 years ago

Yeah,

I spoke with him on the phone and he kept harping on that. I couldn't tell him the truth, the kid was so proud.

I also picked up another machine from him, and while I was there, he kept repeating that he has 13 out of 20.

#5380 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Yeah,
    I spoke with him on the phone and he kept harping on that. I couldn't tell him the truth, the kid was so proud.
    I also picked up another machine from him, and while I was there, he kept repeating that he has 13 out of 20.

I thought it was a fake ad at first.

Where is he getting the idea of "13 of 20"?

#5381 6 years ago

Here's one for only $5,500. Less than 40,000 made!!!! One of ours maybe having a laugh?

newjersey.craigslist.org link

#5382 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I thought it was a fake ad at first.

Not fake, but has been changed numerous times. Prices fluctuating, machines changing, originally used pics from the internet. The one consistency is his spelling and grammar.

The first ad said that he had 4 machines for sale. When I contacted him, he said that one was sold. Well, "it's not really sold", but its a great title (the ad had a pic of KOD) and it's 13 of 20, and his dad wanted to keep it, so they would only sell it for 3000.00. It's funny, as including the DJ, he had three games, not four. I told him about a DJ on CL that is in much nicer condition and asking much less. He was aware of it, but kept the price at 3k. It's coming down now. Personally, I might give him 400.00 for it. The pf looks good.

I picked up his Volley. Probably paid too much, as I usually low ball and I had to pay gas and tolls and it was raining and it took so much of my time and do you know all of the effort I have to put into this game to get it going?

Oh wait. That's a different thread

Anyway, the whole thing was pretty strange.

#5383 6 years ago

That SMB is kinda cool, knowing the context for the modifications done. Makes me wonder if one might be able to make use of a Dialed In for similar purposes, without as much hacking, as it's already set up for remote play via an app.

#5384 6 years ago

Not craigslist, but eBay. Black hole $6,500. Why are there so many pinball sellers on eBay still thinking they can get this for their machines!

Black Hole pinball machine ebay.com link: 0

#5385 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Why are there so many pinball sellers on eBay still thinking they can get this for their machines!
    Black Hole pinball machine ebay.com link

Maybe certain buyers only use ebay?

Like the Nigerian Prince Scam, it's still around because someone falls for it once in a while.

#5386 6 years ago

wait...that's a scam?

argggggg!

#5387 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Here's one for only $5,500. Less than 40,000 made!!!! One of ours maybe having a laugh?

Price is dropping, and an interesting read.

#5388 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Price is dropping, and an interesting read.

What a shame. Great game. Hopefully the price drops to something much more reasonable.

#5389 6 years ago

I like his honesty.....

#5390 6 years ago

Price dropped again. from 5,500.00 to 3,500.00 now 1750.00

I may have to post to nice em's on CL thread soon.

#5391 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #5392 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

He's starting to get an idea about what the game is really worth.

#5393 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

He's starting to get an idea about what the game is really worth.

Reality is a cruel beast.

#5394 6 years ago

Hey, he's got an offer of $900, let the bidding begin!

#5395 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Hey, he's got an offer of $900, let the bidding begin!

As I said before, I stay away from the ads that turn into bidding wars anymore. Not worth the time. And whoever stopped by to fix his game planted $1500 in his head, so I don't see him going much below that. I guess if someone really wants it…

#5396 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've been to a few auctions like that before. You aren't missing much. There usually aren't any bargains to be had.

Agreed, total waste of time and gas. Auctions were great 10+ years ago. Guys were practically giving machines away so that they wouldn't have to drag them back onto the trucks.

#5397 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Agreed, total waste of time and gas. Auctions were great 10+ years ago. Guys were practically giving machines away so that they wouldn't have to drag them back onto the trucks.

Yeah, those days are long gone.

#5399 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5400 6 years ago

WOW, for those of shorter stature I suppose.
    "Feature! "

There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/108?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.