Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 178.
    #5301 6 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried.

This is in response to the guy that's been advertising a giant inflatable clown head for trade for a pinball machine. It has to be at least a year or two that he's been trying to do this trade and he posts over and over and over.

As you could imagine, people get sick of seeing it up for trade so every once in a while you'll see a spoof ad like that one.

Chicago craigslist has a lot of things like this. There's the guy that's been trying to sell his pinball promotional VIDEOS forever. I'm guessing most people wouldn't even have a way to play them even if they did want them. Then there's the guy that's had a bingo machine for sale for like 5 years at an insane price. Finally, after all these years, he's lowered his price. I guess he's finally figured out that what he's trying to sell isn't worth what he's been asking. It'll be interesting to see how low he'll go before it finally sells.

#5302 6 years ago

Here is a creative way to hide the fact that this is a home model and up the price $1900

IMG_1717 (resized).PNGIMG_1717 (resized).PNGIMG_1718 (resized).PNGIMG_1718 (resized).PNG

#5304 6 years ago

WTF does "OG" mean?

I've been seeing it everywhere lately.

Why can't we just say "NOS" or "original" like normal people???

#5305 6 years ago

"And remember cash is king and no bs!!!!"
    houston.craigslist.org link

#5306 6 years ago

The literal abbreviation is for "original gangster", as in a veteran and respected gang member, but some people seem to also use it when they just mean something old and original.

#5307 6 years ago
    Quoted from bkbirge:

"And remember cash is king and no bs!!!!"
    houston.craigslist.org link

Te only BS I see is where he says that the parts are in fair to good condition.

#5308 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Te only BS I see is where he says that the parts are in fair to good condition.

Hey, there's some good condition screws on that playfield! Gotta be $400 worth of screws there right?

#5309 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

but some people seem to also use it when they just mean something old and original

The term that they are looking for is "old school," which is, itself, an old school term. "OG" in this context is just dumb as hell.
    EDIT:
    Unless this is some oblique reference to the gambling history of early pinball. But, frankly, I think anyone using "OG" un-ironically is likely not cognizant of that history in the first place.

#5310 6 years ago

It just sounds retarded no matter how its used.

#5311 6 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Can anyone make out what pinball machine this glass is from?

I laughed at that one when I saw it on CL too.

#5312 6 years ago

No, I am pretty sure they used OG correctly. It actually refers to the Original Gangster, Manuel who comes with the machine I assume to offer protection.

#5313 6 years ago

Maybe he keeps the machine clean, replaces rubbers and bulbs, and goes "Oh, what a shot! You go girl!"

#5314 6 years ago
    Quoted from RacingPin:

Here is a creative way to hide the fact that this is a home model and up the price $1900

Original Manuel?! What about pedro or Jose?

#5315 6 years ago

This guy must've made the post as a joke. So I'm not really sure it deserves mention but here it is: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#5316 6 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

This guy must've made the post as a joke. So I'm not really sure it deserves mention but here it is: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Screenshot since it will probably be flagged down soon:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #5317 6 years ago

At least he was conservative only asking 800 above price guide, not double.
    Great ad, thanks for that one, got a good chuckle out of it.

#5318 6 years ago

One very destructive grandmother

IMG_3074 (resized).PNGIMG_3074 (resized).PNG

#5319 6 years ago

asheville.craigslist.org link

Appraised by a pinball Expert at $8000 he says.....lol

Screenshot_2018-02-05-22-44-37 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-02-05-22-44-37 (resized).png

#5320 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Did you make air quotes before you typed in the words "pinball Expert"?

#5321 6 years ago

Fair price but it is “wit out the ball tht gose wit it”

A3B1B31C-5D2A-4381-9867-0778ADE57724 (resized).pngA3B1B31C-5D2A-4381-9867-0778ADE57724 (resized).png

#5322 6 years ago

Doesn't look like the head bolts come wit it either.

#5323 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

Fair price but it is “wit out the ball tht gose wit it”

I'll have one wit.

#5324 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Amazing what a misplaced decimal point will do for ya.

#5325 6 years ago

Williams Dealer's Choice - $1,500

albany.craigslist.org link

"....original from the factory...." (Where else would it come from?)

"....unique piece...." (If you consider 8,850 units produced "unique")

Yes, it looks like it's in very nice condition from the pics, but $1,500??

#5326 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Another thing I noticed with ads like this, if they do not state "working" chances are they do not.

#5327 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Reminds me of the ad that had a Honey for sale for $1,500.00 and was VERY RARE. I see in your games that you have one which makes about 6 that I have seen. Rare?

#5328 6 years ago

Screenshot_20180210-075829 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180210-075829 (resized).png

#5329 6 years ago

D01710F6-6AC0-4FB5-AE11-53B267E12CA8 (resized).pngD01710F6-6AC0-4FB5-AE11-53B267E12CA8 (resized).png

#5331 6 years ago

PLEASE DO NOT Tell this guy how much you think this machine is worth, because HE REALLY DOES NOT CARE.

newyork.craigslist.org link

cl (resized).jpgcl (resized).jpg

#5332 6 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

PLEASE DO NOT Tell this guy how much you think this machine is worth, because HE REALLY DOES NOT CARE.
    newyork.craigslist.org link

Yeah... That got posted to the facebook pinball for sale group also. Needless to say, a lot of folks let him know that he will have that machine for a longgg time.

#5333 6 years ago

I don't think I'd trade him a Simpsons for 10 playboy's.

Maybe if a real playboy bunny came with it....

#5334 6 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Super Mario Bros Electro Mechanical Pinball non coin Machine

But why...?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5335 6 years ago

For the same reason a dog licked itself.

#5336 6 years ago

Looks like for someone in a wheelchair. Pretty impressive IMO, lot of work done so someone could play pinball.

#5337 6 years ago

I agree, that's pretty badass, and A LOT of work went into that.

It looks like they wheeled that around to children's hospitals or something like that.

#5338 6 years ago

Really great the way they made it so that buttons or a joystick or basically any other input type would work.

#5339 6 years ago

I cannot imagine how happy that thing made people. I wish it could be fixed and it could live on like that.

#5340 6 years ago

So...is it really closing?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

(an alert I received this evening)

#5341 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Super Mario Bros Electro Mechanical Pinball Non Coin Machine
    But why...?

Someone in another thread said they believe this may have been from a children's hospital -- in which case, it definitely gets a pass.

#5342 6 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Someone in another thread said they believe this may have been from a children's hospital -- in which case, it definitely gets a pass.

I think it would be pretty awesome if someone were to come up with a generic cabinet like that which something like a modern stern could be dropped into. That one is pretty beat up but what a great concept. With the alternative inputs I can imagine even kids with severe disabilities being able to play.

#5343 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

So...is it really closing?

(an alert I received this evening)

Ironically it's not exactly an arcade closing. It's some auction guy at a place called Big City Auctions who's selling a bunch of games off in March. There's a few things that I might be interested in, but the auction is mid-week during business hours. Why are all the auctions around here at inconvenient times. The ads seem somewhat misleading to me.

#5344 6 years ago
    Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Ironically it's not exactly an arcade closing. It's some auction guy at a place called Big City Auctions who's selling a bunch of games off in March. There's a few things that I might be interested in, but the auction is mid-week during business hours. Why are all the auctions around here at inconvenient times. The ads seem somewhat misleading to me.

I've been to a few auctions like that before. You aren't missing much. There usually aren't any bargains to be had.

#5345 6 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Looks like for someone in a wheelchair. Pretty impressive IMO, lot of work done so someone could play pinball.

My father was in a wheelchair my entire life, paralyzed from the waist down from a motorcycle accident when I was only 2, until he unfortunately passed away in 1999.

I think this conversion is nothing less than awesome, if it enabled someone or several people that were handicapped to enjoy the lure of the silver ball. A lot of ingenuity and design went into converting this game, and it would be stellar to be able to save it.

I just sent the guy a message asking if he would be willing to work with me on price if I could get it running and continue using it for its intended purpose. Perhaps take it to various hospitals and leave it there for a period of time so it can continue to be enjoyed by patients, or those that are not able to play a standard game.

Hopefully I hear back.

#5346 6 years ago

And then you click on this little guy. Does the seller realize that you can get all new shiny bolts and washers at Lowes for $2 or $3?

IMG_5172 (resized).JPGIMG_5172 (resized).JPG

#5347 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And then you click on this little guy. Does the seller realize that you can get all new shiny bolts and washers at Lowes for $2 or $3?

I found used lane guides on EBay once, something like 8 for 45 bucks. PBR has them for less than 2 bucks, I can never figure out some of these prices.

#5348 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I almost clicked buy but then I saw that he hasn't tested them.

#5349 6 years ago
    Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

I found used lane guides on EBay once, something like 8 for 45 bucks. PBR has them for less than 2 bucks, I can never figure out some of these prices.

Some people aren't aware of where to go to get parts.

#5350 6 years ago
    Quoted from bkbirge:

I almost clicked buy but then I saw that he hasn't tested them.

How would we know if they actually screw in properly?

There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/107?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.