Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 178.
    #5151 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Do they even still make VCRs?

Not sure but you can buy one I was at the goodwill store for $5.00. I have about 500 tapes myself and a friend gave me hers because she didn't want them anymore.

#5152 6 years ago

fresno.craigslist.org link

This has got to be a joke..

#5153 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

fresno.craigslist.org link
    This has got to be a joke..

No way...the home use version is worth at least $2500 any day of the week.

#5154 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

No way...the home use version is worth at least $2500 any day of the week

take one of the zeros away and maybe someone will buy it.

#5155 6 years ago

You can thank me later since apparently you have all been asking about this...
    Seize this great investment opportunity.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/388107194951226

849CEEC9-1773-46BB-9FDC-19EDEE285023 (resized).png849CEEC9-1773-46BB-9FDC-19EDEE285023 (resized).png

#5156 6 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Price is somewhat reasonable, but you have to read the whole ad to get to the punchline:

"Have seen these on eBay for 3 to $4,000"

#5157 6 years ago

“My pinball machine is ANTIQUE, that means it is worth money”

#5158 6 years ago

appleton.craigslist.org link

Sad that prob 105 of the 109 games could be bought for this price. I’m just not a fan of virtual pins I guess....

#5159 6 years ago

ebay.com link: HUO Home Use Only Gottlieb EM Pinball Machine Top Score
    Could be a case of must be "HUO" because it is so clean. It is common to see a late model EM with a "low mileage" playfield. They were retired early when SS games came along. Strange that a home owner would put a pricing sticker on the apron. Not so strange that an operator would remove coin mechs before selling a game to the public.

#5160 6 years ago

Makes you wonder as remember when the auto dealers would roll the mileage back on cars to make them seem hardly driven? Buyer beware?

#5161 6 years ago
    Quoted from Biffbar:

ebay.com link » Huo Home Use Only Gottlieb Em Pinball Machine Top Score
    Could be a case of must be "HUO" because it is so clean. It is common to see a late model EM with a "low mileage" playfield. They were retired early when SS games came along. Strange that a home owner would put a pricing sticker on the apron. Not so strange that an operator would remove coin mechs before selling a game to the public.

Man I sure gave my 300 away then lol. I sold it to friend for $550 and everyone was super happy with the deal. To think... I could have gotten $3k. Oh well. Live and learn I guess

#5162 6 years ago

I sold my "300" for 450.00.

#5163 6 years ago

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

It’s also on eBay for 2700. Am I missing something, or is this a $300 game?

#5164 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

It's old, so it must be worth more

#5165 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Collectible and pretty rare in the EM woodrail world!!

#5166 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

That's mine and your sentiment above is exactly why I don't have it listed on pinside...it seems that pinsiders don't care about or know about woodrail pinball machines.

There isn't a lot of reliable pricing information so I asked around the woodrail community and also used information from Bostonpinbball.biz, etc. I think it's priced fairly (with the exception of the price on Ebay, I use Ebay for advertising for the most part).

As always, the market will let me know if I've overpriced it but based on the initial interest I've gotten, I think I'm in the ball park.

Dave

#5167 6 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

That's mine and your sentiment above is exactly why I don't have it listed on pinside...it seems that pinsiders don't care about or know about woodrail pinball machines.
    There isn't a lot of reliable pricing information so I asked around the woodrail community and also used information from Bostonpinbball.biz, etc. I think it's priced fairly (with the exception of the price on Ebay, I use Ebay for advertising for the most part).
    As always, the market will let me know if I've overpriced it but based on the initial interest I've gotten, I think I'm in the ball park.
    Dave

I understand exactly where you are coming from. Things that are old and rare have a very small market however the collectors in that market are willing to pay big money for rare items that fit their collections. It has taken me years of collecting a variety of different things to understand that. New pinball machines have a very wide market and are easy to deal in. Pricing points are readily available and it makes it so much easier to judge on over pricing.

As for me... I typically don’t touch EM machines, wood rail or not, unless they are basically given to me. I just personally don’t like the game play. I would never spend money on a flipperless game because to me the lack of flippers kills the fun. Even if I were getting a good deal I know so little of that market that I would be afraid of loosing on a game I don’t personally like to play. However... I totally get that some of them are worth a ton of money. I doubt he meant any harm in his statement. Just a simple misunderstanding of market

#5168 6 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I use Ebay for advertising for the most part).

When people start threads complaining about E bay fees I always kind of chuckle at them.... Everybody wants the exposure, but dont want to pay the fees...

#5169 6 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Dave

Which is fine, you are certainly free to list it wherever for whatever, and I did say “am I missing something”. Just that pinside values the machine at 450. Given the improper repair in the shooters lane and a missing piece of wood where the lockdown bar should be, if 450 was a good number then 300 would be reasonable. But at 2700 you are in bsd territory, and that’s a heck of a jump in marketability and playability. Now if it’s a truly rare and desirable piece that’s fine. My understanding is that the wood rail prices have slumped terribly. Is it right? No, imho. I think all em’s are underpriced. But where the majority of the market is right now, imho, does not support a 2700 valuation.

#5170 6 years ago

Minstrel Man is actually a machine you don't see very often, somewhat rare. Plus the artwork and the time period it was made in make it somewhat desirable. I had a chance to grab one a year or two ago, and should have. Could've gotten it for a good price.

#5171 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Which is fine, you are certainly free to list it wherever for whatever, and I did say “am I missing something”. Just that pinside values the machine at 450. Given the improper repair in the shooters lane and a missing piece of wood where the lockdown bar should be, if 450 was a good number then 300 would be reasonable.

It seems like you didn't take any time to actually research this game before you declared it a "craigslist laugh". Yes, Pinside has an estimate of $450 as there has only been one Minstrel Man that has sold on pinside. If you'd have looked at the one example that sold you'd have seen that it was a major project. Two other games have been listed (one was $3450 and the other was $1600). The $3450 one the owner kept and the other one sold elsewhere. The lifetime average from bostonpinball.biz is $2133.

So, yes, I get that you wouldn't pay what I'm asking for Minstrel Man. Like you, if I had to choose between Minstrel Man and BSD for roughly the same price, I'd take BSD all day, every day. I think we all have games we know about that sell for a price that we'd never pay as the game just doesn't seem like a good value.

Regarding the piece of wood where the lockdown bar should be, I have the wooden lock down bar, it's just that I typically have the glass off when I take pictures so it's not pictured. I probably should have mentioned that I have the lock down bar in my ad and will update it to indicate so. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

When people start threads complaining about E bay fees I always kind of chuckle at them.

I don't really complain about the fees but I'd rather not pay them given a choice. I don't put things up on Ebay all that often but in this case, wood rails can be a tougher market to reach so I figure ebay may help me get that exposure. If it sells there I'll happily pay the fees.

Dave

#5172 6 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

It seems like you didn't take any time to actually research this game before you declared it a "craigslist laugh". Yes, Pinside has an estimate of $450 as there has only been one Minstrel Man that has sold on pinside. If you'd have looked at the one example that sold you'd have seen that it was a major project. Two other games have been listed (one was $3450 and the other was $1600). The $3450 one the owner kept and the other one sold elsewhere. The lifetime average from bostonpinball.biz is $2133.
    So, yes, I get that you wouldn't pay what I'm asking for Minstrel Man. Like you, if I had to choose between Minstrel Man and BSD for roughly the same price, I'd take BSD all day, every day. I think we all have games we know about that sell for a price that we'd never pay as the game just doesn't seem like a good value.

Nugent is the same way. The pinside price is high due to several restored pieces being listed. The going rate for an average one is hard to determine

#5173 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Nugent is the same way. The pinside price is high due

No single price "guide" typically gives you the full picture, which was my point before. For some games pinside's price estimate is too high and for others it's too low. That's why I try to get information from more than one source when I'm not familiar with pricing of a certain game. In this case, Minstrel Man is the only wood rail I've ever owned and had no idea where to price it.

#5175 6 years ago

Fair enough

#5176 6 years ago

Thanks for being cool about all this...sorry if I came across as kind of a jag. I was just suprised to see my ad here in this thread as I generally think I price my games pretty fairly. In the spirit of the season - Merry Christmas and may your days be blessed. Oh, and I hope you got what you wanted for Christmas!

Dave

#5177 6 years ago

I think ridiculousness finally hit a high. This is beyond hilarious.... only 25k for a back to the future hahahaha
    ebay.com link: 0

#5178 6 years ago

Im sure that BTF is priced that high to pay the legal fees to use those pictures.

#5179 6 years ago

It comes with the world's only functioning flux capacitor.

#5180 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

I think ridiculousness finally hit a high. This is beyond hilarious.... only 25k for a back to the future hahahaha
    ebay.com link

you can buy the actual Delorian car for 25K, they were supposed to cost $12K, hence DMC-12. But the sticker price was about $25K.

#5181 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

ebay.com link

How can they claim it was a movie prop? when the game was released June 1990?
    BTTF part 1 July 1985
    BTTF part 2 Nov 1989
    BTTF part 3 May 1990

#5182 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Do they even still make VCRs?

Nope. Funai, the last company to manufacture VHS VCR's, stopped making them this year.

#5183 6 years ago

Sorry if this is a repost, but it was to insane not to post here. Love his description that sounds like he obviously doesn't have his priorities in order life wise. Pinball should never trump family and it looks like they will have to do without this "necessity" for quite sometime until he gets a much needed reality check.

ebay.com link: Stern THE SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

#5184 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Sorry if this is a repost, but it was to insane not to post here. Love his description that sounds like he obviously doesn't have his priorities in order life wise. Pinball should never trump family and it looks like they will have to do without this "necessity" for quite sometime until he gets a much needed reality check.
    ebay.com link » Stern The Simpsons Pinball Party Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

Yeah, I hope the family necessity is not an emergency. Because this game is going to sit for a while.

#5185 6 years ago

What cracks me up is the OP claims they purchased it new and trying to sell for $15k it has appreciated in value?

#5186 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What cracks me up is the OP claims they purchased it new and trying to sell for $15k it has appreciated in value?

because it was played "ONLY A FEW TIMES"

#5187 6 years ago

Here's another Dr.Game special. Check out that yellow on the playfield. What a great touch up hahahaha.

ebay.com link: BALLY PLAYBOY PINBALL

Screenshot_20171229-200252 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171229-200252 (resized).png

#5188 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I hope the family necessity is not an emergency. Because this game is going to sit for a while.

It actually has been listed since May 10, 2017.

#5189 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

What a great touch up hahahaha.

What touch up?

That's horrible. Just should've gotten the decal instead of ruining it like that. My buddy just did his with one and it looks pretty damn good.

#5190 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Here's another Dr.Game special. Check out that yellow on the playfield. What a great touch up hahahaha.
    ebay.com link » Bally Playboy Pinball

looks like a Niftyled touch up!

#5191 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Hahaha...I thought about that, but didn't go there. Glad someone else did. I had a more inconspic in mind like "what a nifty touch up".

#5192 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Hahaha...I thought about that, but didn't go there. Glad someone else did. I had a more inconspic in mind like "what a nifty touch up".

In honesty the only laugh here is that the seller is leaving so much money on the table!!!! That’s a $5000 game all day long!

#5193 6 years ago

Of course no pics.

IMG_0863 (resized).PNGIMG_0863 (resized).PNG

#5194 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Of course no pics.

I know, right? If you're listing something for $20, who cares. When you're listing something for $7000? Better post pics. Have a happy and safe New Year's bud.

#5195 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Here we go again ...

#5196 6 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

ebay.com link » A Crappy Bally Motordome Pinball Machine

Honest ad. It is a horrible game.

#5197 6 years ago

theres a 15K TSPP on ebay. it does look very nice.. (it does have best offer tho ; P )

maybe not 15k nice though.

#5199 6 years ago

IMG_4467 (resized).PNGIMG_4467 (resized).PNG

#5200 6 years ago
    Quoted from AAAV8R:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
    Price is somewhat reasonable, but you have to read the whole ad to get to the punchline:
    "Have seen these on eBay for 3 to $4,000"

I must have missed that one, what was it?

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/104?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.