Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 178.
    #5051 6 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Not craigslist but still WTF?
    ebay.com link » Batman 66 Super Limited E Pinball Machine 2017 Rare 1 Of 1

poor fotoshop of images and even the "display" foto is askew.

#5052 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

It apparently transforms into an F14 Tomcat, too.

apparently

#5053 6 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Not craigslist but still WTF?
    ebay.com link » Batman 66 Super Limited E Pinball Machine 2017 Rare 1 Of 1

What the hell is that ad? The description is just ridiculous. Why would you even take the time to type that out? Sounds like a troll.

#5054 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

What the hell is that ad? The description is just ridiculous. Why would you even take the time to type that out? Sounds like a troll.

The ad is obviously satire at best.

#5055 6 years ago

ebay.com link » Batman 66 Super Li :lol:mited E Pinball Machine 2017 Rare 1 Of 1

But seller does state OBO... and a solid 91% positive feedback rating.
    Bid with confidence?

#5056 6 years ago

Ok, I know this isn't pinball related but you gotta see the price on this arcade game. Total home made job and asking $2000.00. WOW!

fresno.craigslist.org link

#5057 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok, I know this isn't pinball related but you gotta see the price on this arcade game. Total home made job and asking $2000.00. WOW!

Makes me miss Fresno and California Extreme. California was a hot bed of one off games as companies tried to develop and mimic other popular games. A lot of those one-off's that never went public stayed there and end up at CAX yearly. Its nuts. This isn't one of those, but in the spirit.
    Plus how can you go wrong. I just have to imagine it plays an 8bit midi version of the Monty Python "I'm a Lumberjack and I'm ok" in the background and its pure gold.

#5058 6 years ago

denver.craigslist.org link

It's mint condition, trust me! LMAO.

"Vintage Muhammad Ali pinball machine The picture doesn't do it justice it's in mint condition just cause there's a lot of stuff on it don't even worry about that it's in mint condition working perfectly fine"

Screenshot_20171202-141510 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171202-141510 (resized).png

#5059 6 years ago

His loss is our incredible find...

seattle.craigslist.org link

#5060 6 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

"must unload ASAP."

"unload" is a word that people should stay away from in ads.

The last time I heard that? I was in a bar parking lot years ago being motioned to a trunk...."Psssst...Come here. You want to buy any of this stuff? I have to unload it ASAP!!!"

#5061 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

"must unload ASAP."
    "unload" is a word that people should stay away from in ads.
    The last time I heard that? I was in a bar parking lot years ago being motioned to a trunk...."Psssst...Come here. You want to buy any of this stuff? I have to unload it ASAP!!!"

I bought a set of speakers off somebody in a parking lot the very same way when I was younger. Apparently they had "fallen off the truck."

Quoted from n1teowl:

His value is obviously way off, and I don't see where he spent "thousands" in restoration, but the game actually does look pretty nice.

#5062 6 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

I saw a link to this one on FB... How in the hell do these people honestly think that an EM is worth 7K to 9K "easy"??? Do they even research stuff before they price it? Are they looking for a sucker? Do they watch too much Pawn Stars or American Pickers? Do they think the "listing" price is the same as a "sold for" price on eBay? Do other hobbies experience sellers that have absolutely no freaking clue what things are worth? And I'll bet if you said "Hey Buddy, your Little Chief is really only worth about $500", he'd get totally offended, pissed and tell you to fuck off because he doesn't know any better and thinks he's sitting on gold... These kinds of ads totally baffle me.

-Steve

#5063 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Do other hobbies experience sellers that have absolutely no freaking clue what things are worth?

Yes. They *all* do.

#5064 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Are they looking for a sucker?

Yes, yes they are!

#5065 6 years ago

He just says worth 7-9k. Doesn’t say dollars...pennies? Ya, easy!

#5066 6 years ago

Fake/scam ad for TAF in PA for $2500. The photos were stolen from a distributor's site.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

poconos.craigslist.org link

Photo cached here from orange county pinballs:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.wixstatic.com/media/675e6d_a0f02bebb1b541f4b4a8a88d12cc2423~mv2_d_1200_1600_s_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_1200,h_1600,al_c,q_90/file.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/product-page/addams-family-pinball-by-bally&h=1600&w=1200&tbnid=gAPrzxdy7VOQ7M&tbnh=259&tbnw=194&usg=__GdOdyrL8NMkn1IRwU3X6z3Vms30=&docid=550zjvZ--iLZTM

An AFM ad popped up for $3500 recently as well, but that one was flagged down.

I'd be wary of top 10 games on craigslist with below market prices in the northeast.

#5067 6 years ago
    Quoted from 5280wzrd:

denver.craigslist.org link
    It's mint condition, trust me! LMAO.
    "Vintage Muhammad Ali pinball machine The picture doesn't do it justice it's in mint condition just cause there's a lot of stuff on it don't even worry about that it's in mint condition working perfectly fine"

Does the jacket come with it?

#5068 6 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link
    1978 KISS PINBALL
    All wiring unplugged to take apart for storage I have a couple of them I never put this one together it will need the glass redone its about 250$ to do that and assemble it and play
    1500$ obo theyre not restored all original from 1978 never been touched!! Plus it gives the machine character!!

k1. (resized).jpgk1. (resized).jpg

k2 (resized).jpgk2 (resized).jpg

k3 (resized).jpgk3 (resized).jpg

#5069 6 years ago

Ah yes-- the ol', "they're original & broken, and that gives them character and makes them worth more" line, lol

#5070 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

1978 KISS PINBALL
    All wiring unplugged to take apart for storage I have a couple of them I never put this one together it will need the glass redone its about 250$ to do that and assemble it and play
    1500$ obo theyre not restored all original from 1978 never been touched!! Plus it gives the machine character!!

Oh boy! I love me some "character" included in a good price! Edit: ForceFlow beat me to it.

#5071 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

1978 KISS PINBALL

I love posts like this one, typically I will reach out with an offer of $50 bucks or so.

#5072 6 years ago

Someone just posted a fully shopped out Medieval Madness with color upgrade and other mods. had to be 9.5 out of 10 condition he is only asking 2,500 obo What should I offer him?

Just have to send him a money order made to cash and he will deliver the game at no cost later next week. Sounds like a Steal!

#5073 6 years ago
    Quoted from subruckus:

Oh boy! I love me some "character" included in a good price! Edit: forceflow beat me to it.

If they used the term patina, it would be sold already!

#5074 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

1978 KISS PINBALL

I like the brand new pack of balls and what looks like a box from Marco...

#5075 6 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

So I decided to try and honestly educate this guy on the value of his machine. He hasn't cussed me... yet. He's certainly not "in the hobby" and assumes I'm not either because he still insists that his price is justifiable and he's saving me $7,000... Here's what has transpired so far. I'll admit I was kind of trying to poke the bear with my opening comment.

to 2j864-64098817.

ME:
    You're kidding, right?

craigslist 6409881701 <[email protected]>
    Dec 4 (1 day ago)

to 37698c3ddf9631.

HIM:
    Your a liberal, right?

Steve <[email protected]>
    2:24 AM (20 hours ago)

ME:
    Actually, no. I was just curious what research you did to come up with a price of $1,990 for your Little Chief, much less a value of "7K - 9K easy"? If you invested "thousands in restoration", I'm afraid you got taken. Although your game is a very nice example, way better than most I've seen, Little Chief is still only a $400 to $600 game. Yours coming in at the higher end of that scale.

The link below is a good reference in establishing current market value. It was last updated 11/20/17. Games are listed alphabetically by name and based on "SOLD" listings.

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay112017.htm

Best of luck to you.

HIM:
    Try getting someone to work on one of these games on-site for less than $125 an hour.

I am desperately trying to save you almost $7,000.  I understand if you are too poor to afford a good pinball machine.

I hope you do well at the Food Bank this Christmas Season.

ME:
    to craigslist

I see that you at least took some of what I said to heart by editing your ad to say "May be worth thousand more easy, overseas even more!!! ", rather than "worth 7 - 9 thousand easy". Look, I have no intention on buying your game. I don't even live anywhere remotely close to Seattle. The only reason I saw your ad in the first place  is because someone posted a link to it on a Facebook pinball group and people were making fun of your ad. I've given you the resources to properly price your game in the current market. I'm just a pinball hobbyist trying to keep you from scratching your head come Valentine's Day wondering why your game hasn't sold yet since you "need the cash fast for Christmas".

Happy Holidays

END

So, we'll see if he responds or not. I don't usually waste my time with ads like this, but for some reason this one struck a nerve. I understand that anybody can ask whatever they want for their games and that's fine by me, but this guy is totally delusional and has visions of grandeur and dollar signs in his head.

-Steve

#5076 6 years ago

my bad. Wrong pics

#5077 6 years ago

With his initial response, I'd let him sit and wonder why it doesn't sell.

Why does what you said deserve a knee jerk political response?

#5078 6 years ago

your a liberal, right

#5079 6 years ago

I would've just responded to him with " YOU'RE*"

#5080 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I would've just responded to him with " YOU'RE*"

If there's ever a time to be pedantic, that sir, is it.

#5081 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

your a liberal, right

#5082 6 years ago

Well, political leanings aside, the seller is going to learn something about the free market.

#5083 6 years ago

I may offer him 200.00

#5084 6 years ago

I just did

Quoted from DropTarget:

I may offer him 200.00

#5085 6 years ago

keep us updated

#5086 6 years ago

His last response was "I'll sell it for 2K before Christmas".... And that's where I'll leave it. He WON'T sell it for 2K. He should just keep it and enjoy it.

-Steve

#5087 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Why does what you said deserve a knee jerk political response?

LOL - I thought the same thing. He assumes I'm liberal AND poor.

-Steve

#5088 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

His last response was "I'll sell it for 2K before Christmas".... And that's where I'll leave it. He WON'T sell it for 2K. He should just keep it and enjoy it.
    -Steve

He didn't say which Christmas

#5089 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

LOL - I thought the same thing. He assumes I'm liberal AND poor.
    -Steve

and stupid.

#5090 6 years ago

I get people "mispricing" games on CL, Letgo and elsewhere, but it's the attitude you get when you try to help them out that really irritates me. If I was selling something, and somebody chimed in with information I didn't know or have, I would be appreciative. Not an asshole back with sny remarks.

#5091 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I get people "mispricing" games on CL, Letgo and elsewhere, but it's the attitude you get when you try to help them out that really irritates me. If I was selling something, and somebody chimed in with information I didn't know or have, I would be appreciative. Not an asshole back with sny remarks.

Pretty much every time I've tried to help someone with a price that was completely in outer space, they were quite rude. That's even after including dozens of links to price guides and past sales to back up the more realistic price range.

There was one exception--there is an F-14 that has been sale for over a year for $3595--the owner seemed reasonable, and I thought he would drop his price and post some better/additional photos. But, it looks like he completely ignored the advice and just keeps relisting the ad over and over again. Sigh.

nh.craigslist.org link

It's so annoying to see the same ads pop up over and over and over again without anything changing. What do they expect to see happen?

#5092 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's so annoying to see the same ads pop up over and over and over again without anything changing. What do they expect to see happen?

Not that this is anywhere related to an actual pinball machine, but in Rochester, NY, we have seen this same ad for just over 3 years now, renewed at least twice a week:

"Vintage Pinball Game Automatic Score Electric Pinball Deluxe Arcade"
    rochester.craigslist.org link

I wonder how many "alert" emails and texts have been sent over the past 3 years for just this one ad? This is the downside of what can happen when people are offered something (in this case, Craigslist Ads) for free; they will just take advantage of it to the point of abuse, which may someday have the unfortunate side effect of some sort of "fee" to use the service.

#5093 6 years ago

Here's another example:
    kansascity.craigslist.org link

This has been listed for years at the same price. A local collector got to know the seller and offered good advice about the value. Made no difference. It is relisted every few weeks for $3950.

#5094 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Not that this is anywhere related to an actual pinball machine, but in Rochester, NY, we have seen this same ad for just over 3 years now, renewed at least twice a week:
    "Vintage Pinball Game Automatic Score Electric Pinball Deluxe Arcade"
    rochester.craigslist.org link
    I wonder how many "alert" emails and texts have been sent over the past 3 years for just this one ad? This is the downside of what can happen when people are offered something (in this case, Craigslist Ads) for free; they will just take advantage of it to the point of abuse, which may someday have the unfortunate side effect of some sort of "fee" to use the service.

I like how he list all the things that don't work, then states it's in very good condition

#5095 6 years ago

This guy is selling the back glass only for $895... I sent him a text asking him if the game worked properly and he was kind enough to reply that it doesn't come with the game, it's just the back glass....he also said he is accepting offers. This has been on the San Diego CL for over a year...

Screenshot_20171207-120200 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171207-120200 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171207-120153 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171207-120153 (resized).png

#5096 6 years ago

Someone listed two machines as "Pinball Machines" on Facebook marketplace. I looked at them and saw they were actually Bingo machines. I sent him a message that he may get some more interest if he listed Bingo Machines in the title and they responded that they were pinball machines and to mind my own business.

-shrug-

#5097 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

If I was selling something, and somebody chimed in with information I didn't know or have, I would be appreciative. Not an asshole back with sny remarks.

Unless you thought they were trying to scam you or get you to take a lot less. People too often do their homework after the fact, or from wrong sources.

LTG : )

#5098 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They're fishing...if you keep throwing your lure in the same spot, day after day, week after week, year after year, maybe you'll catch something. Of course, if you're throwing your line into a bathtub or a fountain you're never going to catch anything but many sellers think they're throwing their line into the sucker pool and are hoping to catch one.

I used to try and give advice on games/pricing but I don't do it any more. There's been a bingo pinball machine on craigslist for at least 3 years or so. The price has dropped about $200 during that time from $1800 to $1600. The seller has gotten lazier over the years and now doesn't include pictures or much of a description. That thing is never going to sell for what he's asking for it but I'm guessing he doesn't care. He'll just keep throwing his line in the water and see what happens.

Dave

#5099 6 years ago

Refurbished Star Wars, complete with leather weapon 3 speaker grills?? Seems fishy
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/102?hl=joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.