Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 178.
    #4951 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe there were no leg levers, or only a set on the front and not the back? Or maybe they used the wrong legs? Or had a kid who couldn't reach and didn't have a step stool?
    Who can say

That looks like something My grandfather would have done. "fixed it!"

#4952 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Did someone not know how to adjust the leg levelers?

Someone in a wheelchair perhaps?

#4953 6 years ago

At least they did not drill through the cabinet.

#4954 6 years ago

I was thinking that very same thing.

They "destroyed" a set of legs, but really this isn't as bad as it looks.

Looks funny as hell, but is easily reversed.

#4955 6 years ago

AC/DC Back in Black Limited Edition Pinball Machine - $14000
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

"This machine was purchased new in the box by me. I put a couple of hundred plays on it and now it is not getting played. Machine is in like new condition. No rush to sell, price is firm."

Good thing the seller is in no rush to sell

#4956 6 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

"This machine was purchased new in the box by me. I put a couple of hundred plays on it and now it is not getting played. Machine is in like new condition. No rush to sell, price is firm."

posted 23 days ago

#4957 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

posted 23 days ago

wasn't the list price 7500 ?

#4958 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Or had a kid who couldn't reach and didn't have a step stool?
    Who can say

The time it took him to drill those 4 holes out, he could have built a stool.

#4959 6 years ago

EA11D426-BDE9-4D8C-993F-FAE14A40D591 (resized).pngEA11D426-BDE9-4D8C-993F-FAE14A40D591 (resized).png

#4960 6 years ago

Knew I'd see that here the second I saw the post this morning.

#4961 6 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

About a year ago I looked hard for an AC/DC premium/LE. The only one's I could find were either beat or over priced. Once Stern released the Vault many of these games have hit the market for reasonable prices...$14K doesn't seem very reasonable considering an LE just sold for $8K a week ago. Who knows maybe someone will buy one, but paying an extra $6K for art work seems a bit steep....

#4962 6 years ago

PtownPin I see this one on CL all the time and just shake my head, you don’t have a rare gemstone from the lost city of Atlantis sir... it’s a pinball machine lol

#4963 6 years ago

Saw this one today...I think they have one too many zeroes.

greenbay.craigslist.org link

Dave

#4964 6 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Dave

Looks like it has the chrome package.

As far as Demo Derby's go, that one looks like it actually is in really nice shape. Probably worth at least $75 or $100. So he's only "a little" off.

#4965 6 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Dave

Ad says "no children used it". That's really pretty sad.

#4966 6 years ago

"Original High Speed"?

Was there a remake that I wasn't aware of? Does this guy think he has production number 1?

#4967 6 years ago

One of the pics on a local ad...

A791694C-5883-494D-B3FB-37487ADEB95E (resized).jpegA791694C-5883-494D-B3FB-37487ADEB95E (resized).jpeg

#4969 6 years ago
    Quoted from attitude05:

"Original High Speed"?
    Was there a remake that I wasn't aware of? Does this guy think he has production number 1?

High speed 2: The getaway

#4970 6 years ago

For those who dont have their glasses on....

Screenshot_20171116-165040 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171116-165040 (resized).png
    Whats more disturbing...the naked guy or the spiderman?

#4971 6 years ago
    Quoted from attitude05:

"Original High Speed"?

Yes, there was a sequel

#4972 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

For those who dont have their glasses on....

Whats more disturbing...the naked guy or the spiderman?

WTF? What's more disturbing is if there's actually a person in that Spiderman costume standing there next to him.

Spidey's pose definitely implies they were knocking back a few brews and hitting some multi-ball, then shirtless Jack steps to the side and said "yo bro, I got to get a pic of the game so I can post it on CL." Spidey is standing there saying "what the hell dude?"

Just odd. People never cease to surprise me.

#4973 6 years ago

A sequel yes! But not a remake!

#4974 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

The internet is a strange place.

And so is walmart at 2am.

#4975 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The internet is a strange place.
    And so is walmart at 2am.

It doesn't even have to be 2am here...2pm is close enough!

That spider man pic cracks me up! That almost looks on purpose. How do you miss that when listing?

#4976 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

WTF? What's more disturbing is if there's actually a person in that Spiderman costume standing there next to him.
    Spidey's pose definitely implies they were knocking back a few brews and hitting some multi-ball, then shirtless Jack steps to the side and said "yo bro, I got to get a pic of the game so I can post it on CL." Spidey is standing there saying "what the hell dude?"

I was thinking it was a manikin in a Spider Man costume. Game rooms tend to be collections of movie and other memorabilia. Seen rooms with Darth Vader, Boba Fett, stormtroopers, etc.

#4977 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I was thinking it was a manikin in a Spider Man costume. Game rooms tend to be collections of movie and other memorabilia. Seen rooms with Darth Vader, Boba Fett, stormtroopers, etc.

Yeah, I've seen a ton of that stuff over the years, was just hinting at a different scenario. It most likely is a manikin. Just would be so much weirder if it was someone standing there in the Spidey suit.

#4978 6 years ago

I'm wagering that the Spidey in that pic is a mannequin. Here's a pic (janky filter) of our Spidey who was originally from Blockbuster. His presence freaks out our daughter and it's fun to move him around to new locations to keep her guessing....
    ~Steveo

spidey (resized).jpgspidey (resized).jpg

#4979 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

The shirtless guy was Sponge Bob no Pants

#4981 6 years ago

Lmfao

#4982 6 years ago

That is too funny. Is it a joke?

#4983 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That is too funny. Is it a joke?

Must be! Too funny. Here's a screenshot for posterity:

2017-11-17 22.15.57 (resized).png2017-11-17 22.15.57 (resized).png

#4985 6 years ago

"I bought this brand new and it has only been used a few times. The condition is immaculate. No scratches or any wear. "

A few times in 14 years??? explain that !!!

#4986 6 years ago

Never posted in this thread before but I think this recent Denver post qualifies.

denver.craigslist.org link

Didn’t even take a minute to remove the pile of laundry/crap from their 10k collectors item for the picture.

#4987 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

Didn’t even take a minute to remove the pile of laundry/crap from their 10k collectors item for the picture.

Yeah, don't worry about that stuff that's on the game, it's mint underneath. Sure, we'll take your word for it

#4988 6 years ago

I emailed to see if the trash comes with it.isee a rear view mirror I could really use.

#4989 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

Never posted in this thread before but I think this recent Denver post qualifies.
    denver.craigslist.org link

You beat me to it . denver.craigslist.org link

#4990 6 years ago

Bally Captain Fantastic Home model, $849:
    ebay.com link: Vintage BALLY Elton John Captain Fantastic The Brown Dirt Cowboy Pinball Machine

"This Awesome vintage Pinball Machine, made by “Bally”, came from an estate sell so little is known. We are not experts, so please view ALL photos closely. When plugged in some lights on top work, and some on the bottom. It appears that it will need a new circuit board as there is no sound. There is some power when tested with multimeter. Has 1 silver ball. All bumpers and flippers work. It measures approximately 48”- long, 60”-tall, and 25”- wide at the widest point. Please feel free to ask any questions, and we will happily answer them the best that we can."

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#4991 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Bally Captain Fantastic Home model, $849:
    ebay.com link » Vintage Bally Elton John Captain Fantastic The Brown Dirt Cowboy Pinball Machine
    "This Awesome vintage Pinball Machine, made by “Bally”, came from an estate sell so little is known. We are not experts, so please view ALL photos closely. When plugged in some lights on top work, and some on the bottom. It appears that it will need a new circuit board as there is no sound. There is some power when tested with multimeter. Has 1 silver ball. All bumpers and flippers work. It measures approximately 48”- long, 60”-tall, and 25”- wide at the widest point. Please feel free to ask any questions, and we will happily answer them the best that we can."

I saw one of those sitting on CL last year for a while, and thought what the hell and picked it up…I think I paid 75 or 100 bucks.

IMG_0741 (resized).JPGIMG_0741 (resized).JPG

IMG_0751 (resized).JPGIMG_0751 (resized).JPG

#4992 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I saw one of those sitting on CL last year for a while, and thought what the hell and picked it up…I think I paid 75 or 100 bucks.

Yours for the most part looks better than the one in the ad I posted.

#4993 6 years ago

Here’s a laugh on letgo. I contacted the seller, and she said she wouldn’t go lower than $2,500–as she *apprently* had an offer for that amount for the game 10 years ago.... also, that’s the only picture of the game.

CB5BB2F4-1266-46B8-921B-FB000605AB17 (resized).pngCB5BB2F4-1266-46B8-921B-FB000605AB17 (resized).png

#4994 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Here’s a laugh on letgo. I contacted the seller, and she said she wouldn’t go lower than $2,500–as she *apprently* had an offer for that amount for the game 10 years ago.... also, that’s the only picture of the game.

I bought one for 330.00 about 3 years ago, I would not pay more than 550. today

#4995 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Yours for the most part looks better than the one in the ad I posted.

Yeah, it's pretty decent. I patched the backbox and reinforced it with brackets. Issue with the power supply, but not a bad little game for the price I paid. And it has an actual screened backglass in it. Never knew that. Really, this one and Fireball are the only two smaller home use games worth owning, at least in my opinion.

Laughably to some, I also have a Wico Big Top I picked up for $30 years ago at a yard sale, looks like it had been in a creek. Totally restored it for my daughter back then.

Sorry to momentarily derail...back to the laughs.

IMG_4087 (resized).JPGIMG_4087 (resized).JPG

IMG_4088 (resized).JPGIMG_4088 (resized).JPG

IMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPG

#4996 6 years ago

Other Keanu Reeves toys?

#4997 6 years ago

What a complete joke, where do people come up with these outrageous prices on their machines lol $14k for a Stern Pirates ebay.com link: Stern Pirates of the Caribbean PINBALL MACHINE Family Owned Highly Collectible

#4998 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

What a complete joke, where do people come up with these outrageous prices on their machines lol $14k for a Stern Pirates ebay.com link » Stern Pirates Of The Caribbean Pinball Machine Family Owned Highly Collectible

But it's in "Mint" condition!

#4999 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I don't even bother with Letgo after posting a few pins there.. as one other pinsider opined, I think it is trafficed by crackheads and tweakers which sums up my experience..

#5000 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I don't even bother with Letgo after posting a few pins there.. as one other pinsider opined, I think it is trafficed by crackheads and tweakers which sums up my experience..

It's definitely good for some things, and not for others. I've bought some really fantastic pinball deals on letgo, but I'd never use it to sell one.

There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.