(Topic ID: 180658)

More beginner homebrew questions - is this a solid starting plan?

By GotAQuestion

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fastsketch (resized).png
    project_goals (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fastpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from MarkInc:

FAST has a board for that. It's in BrewinBombers' picture.

Here is a link to some info about the board that Mark is referring to:

http://fastpinballdev.gdsocial.com/platform/hardware/fast-power/fast-power-filter-board/

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Do you need that many big caps if you're not using a switching supply?

This design was intended to make switching power supplies an option for your high voltage supply in a pinball environment. If you are using a different type of power supply, consult datasets to make sure it will perform as needed.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheBEAVR:

Give Aaron some slack. He's still catching up from Expo. I'm sure he'll be with you in no time.

Zing! I can take it. I have had too many irons in the fire and that is nobody's fault but my own.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I was actually wondering what the difference is between Core Controllers and their Nano Controller...
    I did hear P-ROC is going to be making a power filter board with capacitors as well. So I may yet end up going with P-ROC. I do like that I could get more RGB LEDs going with less total boards with FAST though.
    I guess I'll have to see who offers what by the time I've saved up the cost for the initial boards.

The main differences in the Core and Nano controllers is that the Core has the Beagle Bone Black interface w/ a safe shutdown circuit for the BBB. It also has the DMD controller, which the Nano does not. Both the Nano and the Core controllers have control for 256 RGB LEDs and control for the FAST I/O node boards.

Interest took off for the Nano as many people were using LCD displays in their designs. Interest picked up recently in the Core controller and we need to stock back up. We have a set of Core controllers that needed a couple finishing parts, which we now have. I have promised to get that resolved (as Frax mentioned) but have fallen behind on that promise.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fastpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-beginner-homebrew-questions-is-this-a-solid-starting-plan?tu=fastpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.