3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

First of all thanx for the tilt help, I have snipped all the capacitors to the pop bumpers, targets, etc.
    The problem now is pushing the left flipper button makes the right flipper flip, and the left no flip at all.
    The drop target coil energizes 3 or 4 times . All of the bumpers and slingshot fire, the outhole kicker does not fire, but the game will count down bonus and advance ball in play.
    I've re pinned all of the connectors to the rectifier board, I still have no gi ( lights under plastics) but I do have feature lamps strobing kiss etc.
    Thanx in advance I feel I am close .

#2 3 years ago

Sounds like you may have mixed up the wiring for the flippers when u re-pinned the connectors. Double check at the connector. Not sure if they're daisy chained, but look for a bad/broken off diode on the left one.

Sounds like the outhole switch itself is working if it's counting down bonus etc - check the wiring on the coil itself - if it's solid from board to coil, check the associated drive transistor.

Check the switches on the drops, it thinks it's not resetting so it keeps trying.

Check fuse for GI (take out of the rectifier board) Fuse 4, test point 5, should be 6-8 volts a.c.

Eventually you will want to replace all those capacitors you snipped (they are like 5 cents each), they make the switches respond to quick closures. Nothing like hitting a target 10 times and not having it register.

Report back.

#3 3 years ago

The flipper activation is a simple wire to wire circuit. Check the J1 and J2 wiring on the SD board. I'm guessing the flipper wires are miss-pinned.

#4 3 years ago

Yeah, sounds like the solenoid Wires are mixed up at the driver board. That should have nothing to do with repinning the rectifier board.
    The coils should fire in a sequence in test, with the corresponding coil # In the credit display. The ID #s should be in the manual. Good luck!

#5 3 years ago

End of stroke was off the left flipper, recovered, screwed new screw into right side flipper switch, made better contact, boom it's alive and well except for gi

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from UFO:

End of stroke was off the left flipper, recovered, screwed new screw into right side flipper switch, made better contact, boom it's alive and well except for gi

U check for power at the rectifier board? Fuse good? Start looking downstream for a broken wire.

"Check fuse for GI (take out of the rectifier board) Fuse 4, test point 5, should be 6-8 volts a.c."

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-bally-kiss-wackiness?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.