(Topic ID: 295880)

More and more, gravitating towards less complex rules

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

552169A7-7E8E-4398-A3E0-4B4D334097DA (resized).jpeg
    simple jack (resized).jpg
    PotC JJP characters explained (0.99) (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Hell, I'd lump twd in there, as that has sorta an old school feel, despite being way heavier on rules.

TWD was the first game that came to mind when I read your post. The genius of Lyman’s code is that someone who doesn’t know the rules can just walk up to it and enjoy it. Complete the drops to qualify modes. Hit the prison and well walker to start multiballs. Make shots to kill walkers.

#37 2 years ago

I like games where I can set up multiple stacks and bring them together for a score explosion. Example: set up Bloodbath and 2X, but don’t start them until I’ve started another multiball. I love stacks like that, where I can get 100M points in 15 seconds. Especially in a league or tournament, where I’m going into ball 3 with 10M points. Nothing like looking up at the DMD and being happily surprised.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Spooky games I just hear "clunk clunk...thud." I dont feel "lost in the game" - I feel like walking away on ball 3.

It’s very title-dependent for me. AMH and RZ are great shooters, and I find them very fun to play. ACNC and R&M are closer to what you describe. I could create similar groupings for Stern and JJP. I like simple layouts because they tend to be less clunky. Upper playfields don’t do anything for me, unless they have 2 flippers. I don’t like flailing away with one flipper.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-and-more-gravitating-towards-less-complex-rules?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.