(Topic ID: 295880)

More and more, gravitating towards less complex rules

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

552169A7-7E8E-4398-A3E0-4B4D334097DA (resized).jpeg
    simple jack (resized).jpg
    PotC JJP characters explained (0.99) (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago

The way I see it the games of the late 80's and the 90's tend to have more of a pure fun factor. I would tell you that I find Whitewater more fun than LotR, but overall I like LotR better than WH2O, if that makes any sense. I really like digging into LotR and when you have a game where everything comes together it's amazing, but every time I press start on WH2O I'm guaranteed a fun time.

I'd love it if some manufacturer were to come out with a new System 11 style game. Give me something with a simple but quirky design, simple rules with difficult objectives (I miss the days games just had one hard to hit jackpot shot), and put an emphasis on great sound design. I suppose it would be difficult to sell as it would probably be similar in price to a Stern Pro, but if people realize that the amount of fun they can have with a game isn't equal to how much depth it has then I'm sure it could sell enough to be worth making

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-and-more-gravitating-towards-less-complex-rules?tu=mystman12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.