(Topic ID: 295880)

More and more, gravitating towards less complex rules

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

552169A7-7E8E-4398-A3E0-4B4D334097DA (resized).jpeg
    simple jack (resized).jpg
    PotC JJP characters explained (0.99) (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lhyrgoif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Before i say this, it is important that you know I have no nostalgia for pinball. Didn't play it growing up. Always liked video games more. So this isn't "looking back fondly on the games if my youth" sorta a thing.
    But I'm starting to find way more appeal in games with less rules. A game with tons of rules is fun, but I don't find myself wanting to keep pressing start over and over on those. When I have a game where I wreck it in Hobbit, I turn it off. Not because I didnt have fun, but it doesnt have thr immediate appeal to keep going.
    I want a game that is pure score and keeping alive as long as possible. I find myself constantly pressing start on games like Getaway, Doctor Who, Afm, funhouse etc. Hell, I'd lump twd in there, as that has sorta an old school feel, despite being way heavier on rules.
    I guess what I'm saying is, if I wanted a video game, I'd play a video game. I see the appeal of games being deep to last in the home environment better, but I just don't have the desire to press start over and over on them. When I sold my Dialed In, i only had like 400 plays on that thing, and i owned it a year and a half.
    I havent played TNA, but it sounds like maybe a should. More games nowadays are so damn insistent on being epic adventures where the rules are insanely over complicated.

I agree 100% and that's why my collection only consists of 90's pins - they are simple and fun! Everyone can approach them and just start playing, no need to go through deep complex rulesheets like on modern pins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lhyrgoif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-and-more-gravitating-towards-less-complex-rules?tu=lhyrgoif and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.