(Topic ID: 295880)

More and more, gravitating towards less complex rules

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

552169A7-7E8E-4398-A3E0-4B4D334097DA (resized).jpeg
    simple jack (resized).jpg
    PotC JJP characters explained (0.99) (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago

I think it depends on the size of a collection. Having one 90s pin like Wh20, while a great game, is going to get old pretty fast and that's why games like hobbit, AIQ, TSPP, LOTR are great for small collections as there are many shots and deep rule sets. I've had tspp since 2003 and still haven't seen everything.

In larger collections, it's really hard to play and understand the more complex games as they really require you to spend a lot of time with them (and read 25 page rule sets). For example, I love the way AIQ shoots and the rule set is pretty unique, but it is way too complicated with placing the gems and leveling up characters, more than I really care to really learn so I just play the basics and try to pick up what I can along the way. If it were my only pin, I'd have a much better grasp of it.

EHOH is probably the best newer game to come out in a while. It's not complex, but has a lot to shoot for and is really easy to grasp. Kind of a good mix between a 90s type game and more modern pin.

I liked the way JJP potc shot, but 36 characters is just too much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-and-more-gravitating-towards-less-complex-rules?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.