(Topic ID: 295880)

More and more, gravitating towards less complex rules

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

552169A7-7E8E-4398-A3E0-4B4D334097DA (resized).jpeg
    simple jack (resized).jpg
    PotC JJP characters explained (0.99) (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ecw0930.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

. The vast majority of people I have over the house that are "pinball newbies" have the impression that pinball is nothing more than randomly hitting targets and things just happen.

Agreed. People think it's just slapping flippers. My buddy loves pinball now that I've explained there are goals and rules and targets and how to score. Blew his mind.

Surprised nobody said Star Trek (stern). I owned it for a while and loved it. Great example of easy to play, deep enough to keep you coming back, but simple enough to walk up to and jam on.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

, we'll get lots more Munsters.

Please no....

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Stop.
    I didn't say I don't like Hobbit. I love Hobbit, but I can only play so much of it. If I have a killer game, I turn it off. If I have a killer game in Doctor Who, I press start again. I'm just finding more and more appeal to less rules in an era where deep ass rules are all we get, now.
    And most my games I own are fairly rule heavy, I'm just saying I hope to change that down the road.

I think Mandalorian is a good mix of simple and deep. Not too deep, not too simple. Just right.

I hope this trend continues. To this day I still don't feel like I really know what I'm doing on jjp pirates. And I'm only about 80% on Hobbit. But I do love me some Hobbit tho.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hench4Life:

IMHO Spooky is killing it with these types of games. Straightforward rule sets, but still the challenge to keep you coming back. Not to mention the best music and light show integration in pinball. I know TNA has mentioned a few times but ACNC and R&M are both spectacularly straightforward yet exciting enough to keep hitting the launch button.

ACNC is one of the hardest games to shoot. The shots area all so tight and half of them are hidden so you just shoot to a spot and hope. ACNC is a horrible shooter but one of the best looking, most artistic games ever.

R&M is a garbage game. Shots are horrible. So hard. Code sucks. Rules suck. It as a shit bag of a game and trade promptly because nobody played it. Like, NOBODY played it.

TNA is a game that fits right into this thread. it's easy to learn. fun to shoot. great rules. keeps you coming back for more. it is the quintessential "one more ball" game.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Mando is sorta what made me start this thread. The fact that you buy things thru out the game made me wonder, "why not just play a video game at this point?"

yeah i see that. But instead of hitting a bunch of shots to get something you earn the baskar and then hit one shot and choose. It's a cool concept. It will take people quite a few games to figure out everything on Mando, the Foundry included. But it will be a great game when it all comes together and can use it all in its entirety.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hench4Life:

TNA is fun to shoot but ACNC is tight... lmao
    I guess I like a challenge... I wouldn’t want to play any of them on location cause they’re ball breakers, but that’s what makes me keep coming back at home.

TNA on location is damn near just impossibly to beat. Definitely need coop mode. Acnc is just brutal. And stock lighting is horrendous. Which is really sad because it's one of the best looking, tricked out games there is.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

TNA doesn't count. That was an "adopted" game that was given a mass production.

Very true.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ecw0930.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-and-more-gravitating-towards-less-complex-rules?tu=Ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.