07toto.jpg
sexy_dorothy_6.jpg
bw1198_cr.jpg
sorry_postcard-p239347341305810380z85w.jpg
images-2.jpeg
image.jpg
Christopher-Walken.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ninefingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 10 years ago

As a METLE owner I find it's too soon to have a full conclusive opinion on it. The code is too new and I like to play many games before I really know if I like it. That said, I love the layout and art package. The build quality is solid (I've owned a Hulk), and I have had no issues out of box. MET has a ton of potential.

#91 10 years ago

After a few more games, I love the way the cross looks with the white LED's. Very cool. I was also concerned about the hammer blocking Sparky. It doesn't at all. It does block view of the captive ball lock though. The hammer is a lot of fun. Great feeling when it knocks ball into coffin.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Mostly are geeks and/or nerds who have no life outside of this forum...why can't outgoing cool people be the norm in this hobby?

Good thing you're here!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Since this has turned into a "you're only saying that because...." thread, I figured I'd give my very unbiased (I'm not selling any of my machines, so I don't care where prices go) opinion.
METLE was the 1st pin I ever bought from Stern, or NIB. I own 4 other machines, all B/W(AFM, MB, TZ, TS). I bought Metallica because I'm a huge fan of the band, and loved the artwork/toys on the LE.
After about 150 or so games, here's my thoughts:
1. Plays a lot more like the B/W games then the newer Sterns, meaning it's not nearly as fast as something like Tron or AC/DC, but not like TZ either-I'd compare it to MB as far as flow.
2. The hammer seems a bit clunky right now, but I keep hearing the code will take care of that, along with the magnets that don't take 100% of the time.
3. The ramp shots are kind of weird, because they seem to be moving much slower than the plastic ramps from Stern, or the B/W games. Maybe I'm just being too critical, but I don't think I'm imagining it either.
4. Stern's auto plunger absolutely sucks. The concept seems like it should work better than the old B/W, but it doesn't-and I've heard numerous people here bitch about it.
5. I must have gotten lucky, because I have yet to get a cheap drain from the snake kickout or the Hammer shot.
6. Sparky is a great toy, and so are the drop targets(although I will get a drain SDTM after hitting a drop target from time to time).
I really, really like the game, but I can also understand why people might prefer the Pro, because it seems like a faster game, which people have gravitated towards recently. For me, I'd rather play a little longer ball time, while working on needing to hit shots, instead of going 100 MPH and blindly flipping at crap. I'm not very good, so a little slower is also better for me.
I can also see where people don't like it at all, because once again, it's not the fast flow games Stern has been pumping out lately.
In short, I'm very satisfied with the LE, and I believe as the code improves, so will the gameplay.
Ok, carry on now about price pumping/bashing..........

Excellent post. As a LE owner I agree with everything- except for the metal ramps. I think they are awesome, maybe a touch slower than the plastic ones but they "feel" great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ninefingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mople-just-soso-i-think-it-makes-williamsbally-prices-go-higher?tu=Ninefingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.