07toto.jpg
sexy_dorothy_6.jpg
bw1198_cr.jpg
sorry_postcard-p239347341305810380z85w.jpg
images-2.jpeg
image.jpg
Christopher-Walken.jpg
image.jpg
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago

I can find someone or a group of someones who don't like any one item in the world.. Ferrari's some would say they are to low to the ground and to small. You name it I can find someone who doesn't like it.. not every pinball is for every person.. Heck I don't like Adams Family but its a top 10 game , thats why its called a personal preference. You don't like it, but many others do. Some won't like it because they don't like Stern, some won't like it because they don't like that band, and others won't like it because its just not a game for them. THATS OK!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I was just stating the opposite the other day. I own AC/DC Prem and I'm thinking about dumping it and getting the METPRE or PRO. AC/DC seems way more clunky than the games I've play on MET so far. I love Metallica's tunes waaaaaaaaaaay more than AC/DC too.

Same thing as I said,try to find someone to show you the gameplay before
AC/DC is fantastic game and the software is done opposite to Metallica

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

Reason: a nobody guy can kill game on pinside with big title to saying "heu I don't like Metallica LE it's so so
How many time he played this game?? How he feeled this day??
He can't talk about the modes Seek and destroy He doesn't know and don't know how to do it
And I don't care and don't want to read the negative impression from one nobody
That's it

One comment on Pinside is not going to kill a game, just like one negative rating can't kill a game. People get their panties in a wad every time someone posts negative opinions about a NIB game they just bought. Relax. If it's truly a great game, the value won't tank.

p.s. It's all good if you're too grown up for Shrek. I'm not.

#54 10 years ago

You hit the nail on the head. Sure, the code is incomplete, but with bad toys, clunky layout and mediocre play, code isn't going to save this game. A lot of people spent a lot of money so you're going to get some hate, but there is certainly a lot of denial in this thread.

Quoted from barakawins:

Played MOPLE. Honestly, I am a Metallica fan. Played this machine and thought the game was
good but I don't see the dollar value. No chrome package, awful grey paint on the legs and armour.
Playfield is nice and backglass too. I'm not lovin the toys. Hammer is excessively large and
unnecessary. Electric chair - eh? Fuel meter. Nah. Ramps with M on them. Very nice. Play for this
game is IMHO, not fast at all. Lot's of klunky shots. It's not a bad game. Good music and all,
just don't think it's that great. Not a $7K+ title for me. It's just so/so. ACDC owners and non
owners I believe will agree, ACDC wins for a music pin. Much nicer layout here, better themed
and a bit more classic and non cartoonish. I see Williams/Bally collectibility and pricing going higher.

Maybe an update will make this better, but I don't see the flow here.

#55 10 years ago

As a METLE owner I find it's too soon to have a full conclusive opinion on it. The code is too new and I like to play many games before I really know if I like it. That said, I love the layout and art package. The build quality is solid (I've owned a Hulk), and I have had no issues out of box. MET has a ton of potential.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I can find someone or a group of someones who don't like any one item in the world.. Ferrari's some would say they are to low to the ground and to small. You name it I can find someone who doesn't like it.. not every pinball is for every person.. Heck I don't like Adams Family but its a top 10 game , thats why its called a personal preference. You don't like it, but many others do. Some won't like it because they don't like Stern, some won't like it because they don't like that band, and others won't like it because its just not a game for them. THATS OK!

I agreed with you fully until you mentioned TAF. Now I think your comments are of a raving lunatic.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

One comment on Pinside is not going to kill a game

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I agreed with you fully until you mentioned TAF. Now I think your comments are of a raving lunatic.

I don't like TAF either, so add me to your raving lunatic list. Then again, I was probably already on your list since I like MB.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

bad toys, clunky layout and mediocre play

LOL That's hilarious. Care to elaborate? Because honestly, that makes no sense.

Like what is so 'bad' about a character having an animated electrocution? What is so 'bad' about a rising gravemarker behind inline drops? Or a Gavil hammering a ball through the playfield into a coffin? Why are they so 'bad'? Particularly when I see nothing but enjoyment from players' experiences with them, amazement in fact. The toys are perfect for the theme, and better than I imagined.

You're only the second player I've seen refer to it as 'clunky' with no explanation. It's the *exact* opposite of clunky, to me. MET plays smooth, fast, and feels rock solid.

It's a tried and true fan: fast, flowing layout, and when you nail combo shots on the fly they flow right into another shot. Absolutely gorgeous kinetics. And probably the best toys I've seen from Stern, ever. Best art quality by a country mile, also. Custom speech. Insanely good music, and well integrated. Etc etc.

The positive opinions of MET make sense and give explanation at least. The negative opinions are one-word pinball cliches without explanation, like "Eh" and "clunky." Sort of a non-specific symptom you don't need to explain (because you can't), like Ferris' clammy palms

I was all prepared to dislike this game, as everyone knows I'm not the biggest Stern fan of late (I made a post not long ago about how good it felt to have Stern-free collection), I'm banned from Stern's facebook feed for posting truths, etc. But I can't dislike it, even when I wanted to. It's too damn fun.

#60 10 years ago

OK, so let's all forget about the review system, and everyone just start a new thread for their game reviews!

Quoted from usandthem:

2006- POTC, 2008- BDK-- full featured games- $4000
2013- Metallica Premium- $6500+
That's the hardest pill to swallow. To get a game as fully featured as the ones just a few years ago, you have to pay 50% more.

Apples and oranges. I would argue that Metallica Pro is far more "full featured" than POTC. And if POTC sold for $4000 new, then we're talking about a 13% price increase over 7 years. Certainly nothing to complain about.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

How come they don't sell them to us?

We need more pinball crazies around here.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I haven't heard the JJP sound system myself, but even so, I still agree with this. Who the hell wouldn't want top quality stereo sound?

Precisely. I shake my head when I hear folks defend Stern's pricing and how they have to charge 6-7k to stay in business. When AC/DC came out and Stern's promo bragged about having the greatest audio ever done in a Stern product, I was "sold". When I got my Premium, I realized the marketing was ahead of the reality (what else is new?). Simply cramming a 12" woofer in without giving it adequate amplification isn't thoughtful or useful. The BB speakers were the same old $2 speakers from China. If a company tells me they are doing something great and it isn't, they are either lying or truly can't tell the difference. Both are not good when spending this type of coin.

I want every company contributing to the hobby I love to make money! I just wish I felt Stern truly had our best interest in mind. They sell expensive, hand-crafted products and there is no reason why they shouldn't be more respectful of their loyal customers. If JJP can offer stereo sound, why can't Stern. If ColorDMD can give us color images, why can't Stern. If JJP can offer full PF glides, why can't Stern. I was actually amazed that my TRON Pro came with some ramp protectors! The "Pro"...the one that doesn't even have PF brackets anymore! The response I often get from Stern "fanboys" is they don't give you feature "X" because they need to make money and stay in business. When I hear this, all I can do is shake my head...

For the record, I currently own 8 B/W titles, 6 Stern titles, and 3 Bally titles, so I collect & play them all.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

OK, so let's all forget about the review system, and everyone just start a new thread for their game reviews!

Apples and oranges. I would argue that Metallica Pro is far more "full featured" than POTC. And if POTC sold for $4000 new, then we're talking about a 13% price increase over 7 years. Certainly nothing to complain about.

I own both and have no idea what you are talking about. POTC is one of Stern's more costly/beautiful pins. I'm not a huge fan of how it plays, however it's built like today's Premium. The ship and chest are beautiful toys.

I don't have much time on Metallica yet, so I don't have a strong opinion on gameplay yet, but I know I'm going to like it more that POTC.

#64 10 years ago

POTC is more featured as far as moving parts/expensive components than Met pro. To say otherwise is silly. But Met pro is a fun game with a fair amount of flow and hopefully with finished code will be as good or better than AC/DC. AC/DC was not as fun to play as Met at this point in code. To the people who say they don't like TAF I have to assume you have a serious crack problem but thats ok. I respect your opinion. I mean Family Guy/Shrek, Transformers, safecracker, all segas, almost all Data East pins totally suck imho. Some people might disagree but thats ok.

#65 10 years ago

Precisely. I shake my head when I hear folks defend Stern's pricing and how they have to charge 6-7k to stay in business. When AC/DC came out and Stern's promo bragged about having the greatest audio ever done in a Stern product, I was "sold". When I got my Premium, I realized the marketing was ahead of the reality (what else is new?). Simply cramming a 12" woofer in without giving it adequate amplification isn't thoughtful or useful. The BB speakers were the same old $2 speakers from China. If a company tells me they are doing something great and it isn't, they are either lying or truly can't tell the difference. Both are not good when spending this type of coin.
I want every company contributing to the hobby I love to make money! I just wish I felt Stern truly had our best interest in mind. They sell expensive, hand-crafted products and there is no reason why they shouldn't be more respectful of their loyal customers. If JJP can offer stereo sound, why can't Stern. If ColorDMD can give us color images, why can't Stern. If JJP can offer full PF glides, why can't Stern. I was actually amazed that my TRON Pro came with some ramp protectors! The "Pro"...the one that doesn't even have PF brackets anymore! The response I often get from Stern "fanboys" is they don't give you feature "X" because they need to make money and stay in business. When I hear this, all I can do is shake my head...
For the record, I currently own 8 B/W titles, 6 Stern titles, and 3 Bally titles, so I collect & play them all.

So what I hear you saying is it coulda used a little more cowbell?

Christopher-Walken.jpgChristopher-Walken.jpg

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

So what I hear you saying is it coulda used a little more cowbell?

"...You'll all be wearing gold plated diapers "

#67 10 years ago

It's basic human nature to want to defend something that you like or just invested a large sum of money in, nothing wrong with that, but try not to take it personally when someone disagrees.

IMO, Metallica is just OK, not a bad game, but certainly nothing special, nice artwork, disappointing sound. Code updates may improve it down the road, that remains to be seen. There's a trend on here for each new game to be over-hyped, (can't wait for ST mania ), so we'll see where opinions are on it a year from now.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

It's basic human nature to want to defend something that you like or just invested a large sum of money in, nothing wrong with that, but try not to take it personally when someone disagrees.
IMO, Metallica is just OK, not a bad game, but certainly nothing special, nice artwork, disappointing sound. Code updates may improve it down the road, that remains to be seen. There's a trend on here for each new game to be over-hyped, (can't wait for ST mania ), so we'll see where opinions are on it a year from now.

yep, same things were said about ACDC,about a year ago.....

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Some will never understand this. They believe if your in business and charging money for a product or service you have to be making tons of profit. They don't understand all the hard work, issues, headaches that goes along with it sometimes just to break even or make a buck or two if your lucky. Nope, if your in business your on easy street making bazillions.
Today, it's harder than ever to be in business. Harder and much more costly... east street my ass.

But it's still a 50 percent rise in price in just a couple of years and they still pay their laborers poverty wages. A return to profitability is good, but if this extreme is what was required, the really were in dire straits. Well at least they have rich customers to gobble up the LE's where profitability is the highest.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Oh goodie another thread from someone who barely played Metallica and is telling us how he 'doesnt get it'
Beat it.
The code is barely done, clearly you barely played it and probably didn't accomplish any mbs or jackpots.
Surely you could have put this half assed opinion in another Metallica hating thread instead of further cluttering up pinside with dumb threads

^Thats funny coming from you...a guy who has done his share of cluttering and bashing games. image.jpgimage.jpg

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Well at least they have rich customers to gobble up the LE's

Phuck ya, I'm rich ! Oh shit, party is over .

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

^Thats funny coming from you...a guy who has done his share of cluttering and bashing games.

Haven't started one post bashing woz nor have a started one thread praising Metallica.

I'm not sure what 'cluttering' games means though.

#73 10 years ago

Haven't started one post bashing woz nor have a started one thread praising Metallica.
I'm not sure what 'cluttering' games means though.

So your not sure what cluttering & bashing means? Um ok let me post an example
Here is a classic post from you bashing America....

I don't get it, is this a joke much like the American economy?
Quiet now don't make me come down there and buy up all your foreclosed houses and then rent them back to you

#74 10 years ago

No, you just wait to tag in!

#75 10 years ago

Lmao oh yeah that was a good one. Still got one house for rent if you're interested. It's in Arizona near a golf course.

Got another lot in California, corner lot too actually.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

No, you just wait to tag in!

Guilty as charged lol

I'm the tag team champions!

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Some will never understand this. They believe if your in business and charging money for a product or service you have to be making tons of profit. They don't understand all the hard work, issues, headaches that goes along with it sometimes just to break even or make a buck or two if your lucky. Nope, if your in business your on easy street making bazillions.
Today, it's harder than ever to be in business. Harder and much more costly... east street my ass.

Best post ever from Teekee; should be tagged as it so true.

I just had a meeting a few weeks back with some bureaucrat who was blocking my client on a residential development project tell my client "you've made a lot of money on this deal already" . . . I wanted to say "you lazy government employee . . . you've blocked my client from even breaking ground and getting started, how on earth do you think he has made money on this project exactly?"

Obviously I didn't say that, I just kissed his "political class" ass till he removed the block . . . and let my client at least have a shot.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Best post ever from Teekee; should be tagged as it so true.
I just had a meeting a few weeks back with some bureaucrat who was blocking my client on a residential development project tell my client "you've made a lot of money on this deal already" . . . I wanted to say "you lazy government employee . . . you've blocked my client from even breaking ground and getting started, how on earth do you think he has made money on this project exactly?"
Obviously I didn't say that, I just kissed his "political class" ass till he removed the block . . . and let my client at least have a shot.

Entitled rich snobbery looking down your nose against that "lazy government employee". Government employees are inherently lazy in your eyes. What did his/her supposed laziness have to do with anything? Not everyone can be a spoiled top 1%'er, who's just used to getting everything his way. Two can play stereotyping game.

#79 10 years ago

I just hope the code gets updated to make this game better. Needs more bass. Better sound.
Played again and tried the love. Love the playfield but the rest is just lacking to me right now.
I agree, we have to wait for the software update to see where we are with this machine.
I may turn into a lover of this machine in the long run. I just can't feel it right now. Maybe it's
because I have MM, AFM, Tron LE and I'm comparing. Still to this date TRONLE is my fav all time
Stern, 2nd is Spiderman.

I think the hammer toy was a waste though. Snake should be fast and furious on the eject.
Fuel meter, waste. Ramps A++. Side art. Meh.. Could have been better and I can't get past the
awful grey armour. There are +/- with this machine. I do like the backglass too. Grew on me.
I don't care for sparky at all. I hope someone just makes an electric chair mod without sparky on it.

I would still consider the machine because of the Metallica theme. But I'd think of making a trade
for a premium version which seems to look much nicer. I'll wait for the updates before deciding though. I remember getting my TronLE new in box and was blown away day 1. Every update seemed to just make this game go over the top.

#80 10 years ago

Okay.

Hammer - Dumb. Too big, looks like a fisher price mallet. Also, the range of motion is crazy short. It's a lot closer to a tap than a slam as the ball goes down.

Snake - Mouth closing on the ball? More like a twitchy lip.

Sparky - Of course that's the toy you reference, because it's by far the best in the game.

Grave Marker - Lame. Adds nothing.

Out of the 3 major toys, two are really dumb, and one is okay/good. Overall, the toys are crap. Tell me again how cool it is that the ramps are metal, or etched with the Metallica logo. Those are nice touches I guess, but most everything important with the physical game fell short.

The game plays slow, the shots are nothing special, and I'm not going to say anything about the code because it will get better. But the code isn't going to help some real issues this game has. The standard fan layout is what you make of it, but it needs support to succeed which it doesn't have on this particular game. The layout itself isn't the issue, it's how it was implemented that makes it feel clunky.

Good thing I don't care about ridiculous things like a thumbs down over an opinion, I'm sure I'll get a few, but that's how I feel about it. Just keep in mind, this is a thread about Metallica being so/so, it's not like I'm crapping on someones metallica circle jerk.

Quoted from mechslave:

LOL That's hilarious. Care to elaborate? Because honestly, that makes no sense.

Like what is so 'bad' about a character having an animated electrocution? What is so 'bad' about a rising gravemarker behind inline drops? Or a Gavil hammering a ball through the playfield into a coffin? Why are they so 'bad'? Particularly when I see nothing but enjoyment from players' experiences with them, amazement in fact. The toys are perfect for the theme, and better than I imagined.

You're only the second player I've seen refer to it as 'clunky' with no explanation. It's the *exact* opposite of clunky, to me. MET plays smooth, fast, and feels rock solid.

#81 10 years ago

Looks like usandthem has added calling all government employees lazy to his repertoire. No one said that but him. Irony is good with coffee

I still can't wait for mine to get here. Every new pin is like Christmas!

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Hammer - Dumb. Too big, looks like a fisher price mallet. Also, the range of motion is crazy short. It's a lot closer to a tap than a slam as the ball goes down

Ever seen a judge tap his gavil? They're definitely not swinging from the hip. Also, what 'fisher price' toys have incarcerated faces of the damned molded into them? The gavil's sound effects are missing, we already know this. I'd be willing to bet it's in the next update. To me, it'll end up being the best ball lock we've seen in a long time, maybe ever. A gavil knocking the ball through the playfield into a buried coffin? It's maybe the PERFECT ball lock for this machine! That's what I call judgement!

Quoted from jalpert:

Snake - Mouth closing on the ball? More like a twitchy lip

It's called a scoop. Creatively adorned and repurposed as a Snake head, with an added 'drop target' mouth. It spits the ball out immediately, too, almost no slow down to gameplay.

Quoted from jalpert:

Grave Marker - Lame. Adds nothing.

Thanks for ..um.. elaborating. LOL It's actually part of the show, which is part of pinball. Sorry you don't like it. Makes perfect sense, to me. Looks awesome and matches the animation at multi start.

Quoted from jalpert:

The game plays slow

Have you only been playing greased JMn and NFs? LOL Even so, I just don't see how you can call MET 'slow.' That's crazy LOL. We were recently playing a serious head's up game and I was purposely trying to slow the action down because it's so easy for the gameplay to get out of control and too fast. Almost every shot screams back at you. Not sure what part is 'slow' to you? The longest pause in the game is waiting on the Mystery scoop (when lit) to give you the same 500k every time. Or if the left orbit post rejects the ball slowly. Otherwise it's got a great pace, IMHO.

Quoted from jalpert:

Tell me again how cool it is that the ramps are metal, or etched with the Metallica logo. Those are nice touches I guess, but most everything important with the physical game fell short.

Because metal ramps are part of the physical game. You can tell the difference in feel when you hit the solid metal shot (particularly the wireformed ramp returns) versus ramps which are completely plastic. Plastic ramps work perfectly into the flow and feel of certain machines. But after having nothing but pure plastic for so long from Stern, it feels SOOOO good to shoot a solid ramp again! And the ramps on MET are such sweet shots!

Sorry the game doesn't do it for you. Just consider yourself lucky that you dislike a new Stern so much, because these things are expensive! Go play some different machines you enjoy more and consider it a blessing!

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Ever seen a judge tap his gavil? They're definitely not swinging from the hip. Also, what 'fisher price' toys have incarcerated faces of the damned molded into them? The gavil's sound effects are missing, we already know this. I'd be willing to bet it's in the next update. To me, it'll end up being the best ball lock we've seen in a long time, maybe ever. A gavil knocking the ball through the playfield into a buried coffin? It's maybe the PERFECT ball lock for this machine! That's what I call judgement!

It's called a scoop. Creatively adorned and repurposed as a Snake head, with an added 'drop target' mouth. It spits the ball out immediately, too, almost no slow down to gameplay.

Thanks for ..um.. elaborating. LOL It's actually part of the show, which is part of pinball. Sorry you don't like it. Makes perfect sense, to me. Looks awesome and matches the animation at multi start.

Have you only been playing greased JMn and NFs? LOL Even so, I just don't see how you can call MET 'slow.' That's crazy LOL. We were recently playing a serious head's up game and I was purposely trying to slow the action down because it's so easy for the gameplay to get out of control and too fast. Almost every shot screams back at you. Not sure what part is 'slow' to you? The longest pause in the game is waiting on the Mystery scoop (when lit) to give you the same 500k every time. Or if the left orbit post rejects the ball slowly. Otherwise it's got a great pace, IMHO.

Because metal ramps are part of the physical game. You can tell the difference in feel when you hit the solid metal shot (particularly the wireformed ramp returns) versus ramps which are completely plastic. Plastic ramps work perfectly into the flow and feel of certain machines. But after having nothing but pure plastic for so long, it feels SOOOO good to shoot a solid ramp again! And the ramps on MET are such sweet shots!
Sorry the game doesn't do it for you. Just consider yourself lucky that you dislike a new Stern so much, because these things are expensive! Go play some different machines you enjoy more and consider it a blessing!

Please don't waste your time arguing with this guy. What he is really saying is that he loves the pin but missed out on the LE so now he's frustrated and upset... he'll get over it.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Please don't waste your time arguing with this guy. What he is really saying is that he loves the pin but missed out on the LE so now he's frustrated and upset... he'll get over it.

Ah, I didn't know this. Jalpert, they're are making MET premiums, so you don't have to feel left out and upset. Same gameplay, lower price.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Why is that? If someone missed out on the LE and loves the pin then Premiums are now ready for delivery. Pretty simple. Anybody that differs from the Metallica hype train has to be "frustrated", "upset", "crazy", "stupid"....etc.....

At the end of the day, it will be whatever it is based on the number of sales, just like either the success of AC/DC or the relative failures of TFLE, XMEN and Avengers (not that they are bad pins, just weaker sales)..

And what you are really saying is "hey everybody else, please don't listen to a dissenting opinion about MetLE", its bad for hype and future sales...

#86 10 years ago

Your the kind of guy who likes to argue forever about opinions, ain't yah?

Quoted from mechslave:

Just consider yourself lucky that you dislike a new Stern so much, because these things are expensive! Go play some different machines you enjoy more and consider it a blessing!

HA! I don't even buy LEs. I don't think they are worth the money, I'm not that into the art. As long as everything inside the box is the same, that's what I shoot for.

Quoted from teekee:

He's not being serious, he's just being an a-hole.

Quoted from iceman44:

Why is that? If someone missed out on the LE and loves the pin then Premiums are now ready for delivery. Pretty simple.

Quoted from mechslave:

Ah, I didn't know this. Jalpert, they're are making MET premiums, so you don't have to feel left out and upset. Same gameplay, lower price.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And what you are really saying is "hey everybody else, please don't listen to a dissenting opinion about MetLE", its bad for hype and future sales...

No, he's just over the top on everything negative about it. I can read him like a book! Fiction of course!

#88 10 years ago

It's cool when when people rave about metallica, but it's not cool when they don't? In a thread about how metallica isn't a great game? I am over the top negative about it because I over the top dislike the game. I'm sorry I'm offending you, but it's just a game. You are happy with your purchase, you shouldn't care so much what I think.

Quoted from teekee:

No, he's just over the top on everything negative about it. I can read him like a book! Fiction of course!

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Ya,AC/DC was less then Meh...now it's good
Metallica is out 2 month and you judge already...who are you ?where do you come from?
what do you Smoke ? or are you just Retarded ?

You gave Whirlwind a" 1" in the ratings? Now that's retarded.Where do you come from?

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Ya,AC/DC was less then Meh...now it's good
Metallica is out 2 month and you judge already...who are you ?where do you come from?
what do you Smoke ? or are you just Retarded ?

You gave Whirlwind a" 1" in the ratings? Now that's retarded.Where do you come from?

#91 10 years ago

After a few more games, I love the way the cross looks with the white LED's. Very cool. I was also concerned about the hammer blocking Sparky. It doesn't at all. It does block view of the captive ball lock though. The hammer is a lot of fun. Great feeling when it knocks ball into coffin.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's cool when when people rave about metallica, but it's not cool when they don't? In a thread about how metallica isn't a great game? I am over the top negative about it because I over the top dislike the game. I'm sorry I'm offending you, but it's just a game. You are happy with your purchase, you shouldn't care so much what I think.

I'm in your camp. I respect your opinion and many of your points resonated with me. I'm also proud of not being an "LE guy" Not because of the art, but because LE's are an awful value in general (unless you get lucky and hit it big with a title that takes off).

My MET Pro should arrive tomorrow (downgraded from a Premium after coming to some of the same conclusions as you did on the toys, but still wanted one). After I've spent a week with it, I'll be happy to writeup my honest thoughts...I have 0 interest in pumping the title if it doesn't deserve it. If I don't like it, I'm sure someone will!

snaroff

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's cool when when people rave about metallica, but it's not cool when they don't?

Here is the difference. Almost all of the people who rave about Metallica (or any NIB for that matter) have put extensive time on the machines because they own one. This is not all of the opinions, but most. How many guys ripped on IM when Automated couldn't give them away.

In most cases, guys who rip on a new game such as Metallica play the game at a friends for a couple of hours or are lucky enough to find it on location. They read about all of the issues on Pinside then decide to jump on the hate bandwagon.

I'm not going to order Star Trek and you're not going to see me on here ripping the game if it's awesome. There are some guys that do pump. However, there are a great many more that simply hate just to hate.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have 0 interest in pumping the title if it doesn't deserve it. If I don't like it, I'm sure someone will!

Words to live by as there is so much truth to it.

There are plenty of us who feel this way, and have no problems listing a pin for sale and admitting that the only reason that we are doing so is because we don't like the pin. That doesn't mean we are going to give it away! When I sold my XMLE after a couple months, I made it clear that the only reason I was doing so was because I didn't like the pin. Guess what? It still sold!

#95 10 years ago

IMO, with the hammer being what it is, and the snake as well, the Pro the way to go here. The spinners are a bummer but they aren't worth $2K or whatever the difference is.

Quoted from snaroff:

(downgraded from a Premium after coming to some of the same conclusions as you did on the toys, but still wanted one).

Owners are biased. Are owners raving about it because they truly love the game or because they would feel silly spending $4K+ for something you don't even like? Some of both maybe?

Why is it that in most cases people who don't like the game haven't played it enough? Is 50 games enough? With 3 minute average games, a couple hours is 40 plays. That seems like a good number to me. How many games do we have to play to get it? In this case, with very rudimentary software, it doesn't seem like it should be 100+. Though, my gripes with the game aren't software.

Quoted from eggbert52:

Almost all of the people who rave about Metallica (or any NIB for that matter) have put extensive time on the machines because they own one.

Quoted from eggbert52:

In most cases, guys who rip on a new game such as Metallica play the game at a friends for a couple of hours or are lucky enough to find it on location. They read about all of the issues on Pinside then decide to jump on the hate bandwagon.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Owners are biased. Are owners raving about it because they truly love the game or because they would feel silly spending $4K+ for something you don't even like? Some of both maybe?

Buying any new release without playing/seeing it is inherently risky. Most wise folk "play before you pay", but some of us break that rule for whatever reason (need a new toy, like the title, have money burning a hole in your pocket, etc.).

When you are an early adopter, it's only natural that you might not like what your buying. From my perspective, feeling silly that about being an "early adopter" is valid. Feeling silly that you don't like the pin is silly.

#97 10 years ago

Jalpert. We are talking about a "brand new" game here. Not owners trying to stand behind a game they hate just because they own it. I hate ACDC and I own it. You won't see me backing it any time soon.

I'm strictly speaking of a very new game that hasn't had a complete code yet and that virtually no one has played outside of the owners.

Quoted from snaroff:

Buying any new release without playing/seeing it is inherently risky.

Where's everyone gonna play it Einstein? This isn't 1985.

#98 10 years ago

why is everybody going crazy when someone makes review about a new game? i like to read different opinions about a game.
it doesn't take 6 months to know if you are going to like a game base on design, every games are different and nothing is perfect.

different pinballs for different taste, thats it!

#99 10 years ago

Exactly.

Quoted from beatmaster:

why is everybody going crazy when someone makes review about a new game? i like to read different opinions about a game.
it doesn't take 6 months to know if you are going to like a game base on design, every games are different and nothing is perfect.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Because everyone is different? Some people are crazy, lazy, happygolucky, haters, freaks, geeks, rich, poor, retarded...etcetc. People here come in all flavors..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mople-just-soso-i-think-it-makes-williamsbally-prices-go-higher/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.