(Topic ID: 80230)

Monthly tournament in nyc, need your advise

By getbettersam

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

If I were to hold a tournament in nyc any idea of number of people I can expect.I do realize there are a lot of factors.The bar has 7 killer games and another has 4.There would be wppr points and prizes. I do not want to start tis and get a poor turnout.

#2 10 years ago

I'd possibly be interested in tournaments. Keep in mind.. the PinballNYC Spring league just started yesterday so people are plenty busy with practice and matches for the next few months.

BTW.. we played our match at Creek and Cave last night. Great lineup, but those machines are in some serious need of TLC. Loose/sticky flippers. Terribly misaligned flippers. Loose parts blocking shots. Intermittent switches. Only one machine seems to have a working tilt. It was a very frustrating experience for both teams. Hope someone can get those machines in shape before your tournament.

#3 10 years ago

It seems to me like if there are tournaments, people will come. But there are other factors involved. A big turn off for people is if the games aren't working right. If people feel its a waste of their time because of crappy playing games, they will stop showing up. Where there are WPPR points, there will be players. So if you can find a location or locations where there are fully functioning games then I think it would be worth the time to put these together.

#4 10 years ago

I love these disingenuous threads. To answer the OP: 7.

Seriously, there's a team league running in NYC now and regular tourneys going on all the time. Modern Pinball just had a series of enter-when-you-want tourneys, there was some weekly pingolf at Reciprocal before the team league started up, etc.

It all depends on how you advertise. But there are tons of people playing competitive pinball in the NYC area, as you well know. Easy opportunity for large turnouts if you advertise.

And the Creek & Cave pins need to be fixed, esp. now that league has started. You should remind you-know-who.

#5 10 years ago

for prizes just do $5 to enter with 100% pay out to at least top 4.

Coin drop is on it's own.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monthly-tournament-in-nyc-need-your-advise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.