20141114_151927.jpg
10670059_869104036457757_3020036628491368490_n.jpg
tmp_13125-20140916_2150021958918258.jpg
20140714_222457.jpg
20140415_001237-260.jpg
IMG_1355[1].JPG
IMG_1356[1].JPG
IMG_1358[1].JPG
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Starting next tuesday, and the 3rd tuesday of all upcoming months, I will be running a single elimination tournament at Brixies Bar in Brookfield, illinois. There will be a $5 entry fee and coin drop for the games. Their current pinball lineup includes STTNG, Stern Star Trek and metallica le.
For more info : http://brixies.com/

Brixies is located at 9526 Ogden in Brookfield. The tourny will start at 7pm, You can practice up to that time.

Hope to see you there !!

#2 10 years ago

Yeah buddy!

#3 10 years ago

Awesome. Looking to move out to that area soon.

I've never played in a tournament, so I'm curious: what does "coin drop for the games" mean? $5 entry plus you pay for each play? If that's the case, I'm assuming the "coin drop" is not included in the tournament pot and just goes to the operator, correct?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from supercombo:

I've never played in a tournament, so I'm curious: what does "coin drop for the games" mean? $5 entry plus you pay for each play? If that's the case, I'm assuming the "coin drop" is not included in the tournament pot and just goes to the operator, correct?

Yep, you guessed correct. It's $5 just for the tourney and then you pay the normal price for the games.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from supercombo:

just like any game on site the cost per game goes to site / operator and entry fees go to the tournament pot that has 100% payout.

#6 10 years ago

Games were tuned up last night and are ready for tournament play tonight.

#7 10 years ago

Decent turnout tonight considering it's the first month, and the weather. RazerX was there to fix any little issues that cropped up. I was lucky enough to win the main tourney, and lost in round one of the consolation tourney. Spent all my winnings on great beer (Surly Darkness!) and food. Got to Kobayashi Maru a couple times on Star Trek pro, and put up the grand champ score. I doubt you can have a better time on a cold Tuesday night.

#8 10 years ago

Oh, and I forgot to mention: free soup on Tuesdays!

#9 10 years ago

Good food there and big choice of beers.

#10 10 years ago

Good times and a good vibe going on.
There was not much waiting around, we got through the tourney pretty quick and had an additional non-IFPA points tourney after that for anyone who wanted in. Looking forward to next month.

#11 10 years ago

Man I have band practices on Tuesday nights... maybe I'll fake sick for a few.

#12 10 years ago

I was so impressed with the food I brought some home for the wife. Free soup and $1 off on American craft beer on Tuesday. This, plus competetive pinball!?..... It's marked on my calendar monthly. Great escape for me!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

Man I have band practices on Tuesday nights... maybe I'll fake sick for a few.

It is only once a month and MM should be back by this time next month

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

It is only once a month and MM should be back by this time next month

Will there be a color dmd in the MM?

3 weeks later
#15 10 years ago

The next monthly "free soup tuesday" tournament will be on tuesday 2-18 at 730p.
We are starting a little later .
Brixies gives a free cup of soup on tuesday to
all customers, and last time they had cream of potatoe which was excellent !!

And I have been told MM is back there !! trolls !!

Hope to see you there !!

#16 10 years ago

This is tonight folks. I won't be there so "no soup for me!"

#17 10 years ago

No soup for you come back next month

Quoted from ARTMAN:This is tonight folks. I won't be there so "no soup for me!"

No soup for you come back next month

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

I won't be there so "no soup for me!"

Does this mean we're sans Brackelope? I guess I could run it on my phone if no one brings an iPad. Or maybe Dave will draw names out of a hat, old school.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Does this mean we're sans Brackelope? I guess I could run it on my phone if no one brings an iPad. Or maybe Dave will draw names out of a hat, old school.

Not sure about Brackelope but I know Dave will make sure the results survive a zombie apocalypse if need be.

#20 10 years ago

I highly recommend Brackelope.

#21 10 years ago

Can't make it either, ice hockey tonight.

#22 10 years ago

Are bang backs and death saves allowed?

#23 10 years ago

Good times! Congrats to RazerX for winning both the main & side tourneys. Pardon the grainy low-light photos.

IMG_1358[1].JPGIMG_1358[1].JPG

IMG_1356[1].JPGIMG_1356[1].JPG

IMG_1355[1].JPGIMG_1355[1].JPG

#24 10 years ago

Ah yes.... My opening round long lasting match..... as the youngster steps up needing a monumental third ball and then accomplishing it. A repeating scenario that has me a bit snake bit..... pun intended.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from sjohn26148:

Ah yes.... My opening round long lasting match..... as the youngster steps up needing a monumental third ball and then accomplishing it. A repeating scenario that has me a bit snake bit..... pun intended.

It was a good match buddy! We both played well. I gotta say though, that was probably my best comeback so far.

#26 10 years ago

after the tournament was over I had a high score of 149,057,680 on MM.

3 weeks later
#27 10 years ago

Its time again for our next monthly tournament at Brixies. See you next tuesday 3/18 at 730p.

#28 10 years ago

Awesome because Metallica has the new 1.5 software in it.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from out_of_order:

Its time again for our next monthly tournament at Brixies. See you next tuesday 3/18 at 730p.

Is my high score still on the MM?

#30 10 years ago

Bump for tonight. Crank it up!

#31 10 years ago

Oh yeah!!!

3 weeks later
#32 10 years ago

Our next Brixies monthly tournament will be this tuesday at 730p. Hope to see you there !!

#33 10 years ago

With attendance of this steadily increasing and to keep the night moving, we'll have a special guest for tonight...

setup MGOW last night for tourney use. It will be there for the tourney tonight only.

Planning on having a 4th "special guest pin" every month going forward.
20140415_001237-260.jpg20140415_001237-260.jpg

#34 10 years ago

Love the idea of a special guest pin! Really looking forward to tonight!

#35 10 years ago

Hollywood Heat! Hollywood Heat!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

With attendance of this steadily increasing and to keep the night moving, we'll have a special guest for tonight...
setup MGOW last night for tourney use. It will be there for the tourney tonight only.
Planning on having a 4th "special guest pin" every month going forward.

20140415_001237-260.jpg 98 KB

Cool more games

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Hollywood Heat! Hollywood Heat!

It could happen.

Vajazzler?

#38 10 years ago

Wish I could make it out! Have fun dudes.

#39 10 years ago

Props to Dave Hegge for an epic finals match on Metallica LE last night. After ball one I was ahead 55m to like 2m. Dave crushed ball 2 and 3, collected a 49m FTB jackpot, and ended with 185m. I completed FTB on ball 3, had the jackpot lit, started double scoring, and bricked the shot. Argh! Would have been at least a 90m jackpot. I finished with 135m. Good for high score 1, no good for the tourney win.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Props to Dave Hegge for an epic finals match on Metallica LE last night. After ball one I was ahead 55m to like 2m. Dave crushed ball 2 and 3, collected a 49m FTB jackpot, and ended with 185m. I completed FTB on ball 3, had the jackpot lit, started double scoring, and bricked the shot. Argh! Would have been at least a 90m jackpot. I finished with 135m. Good for high score 1, no good for the tourney win.

I gotta say, it was pretty entertaining to watch 2 skilled players put up some nice scores and duke it out like this.

2 weeks later
#41 9 years ago

Looks like there's a schedule overlap at Brixie's this month, due to CCBW (Chicago craft beer week).

Craft Beer Goes Punk: http://chibeerweek.com/event/?eid=149

On Tuesday May 20, we'll be at Brixie's Beer Bar & Grill along with 3 fantastic local bands: the Hamburglars, the Phenoms, Et Tu Brute. Show starts at 8pm. No Cover. 3 BuckleDown Beers on tap for your drinking pleasure... along with the rest of Brixie's awesome draft list.

I dunno how much it would impact the tourney, but it's hard to imagine playing a 4th guest pin on the stage side of the room.

#42 9 years ago

Man, I need to make it over to Brixies....

1 week later
#43 9 years ago

This Tuesday 5-20, is our next monthly at Brixies. The tourney starts at 730p. See you there !!

#44 9 years ago

Unfortunately no guest pin this month since the bands will be using the space where I could normally set it up. Should be another fun nite, regardless.

Come on out Chitown!

#45 9 years ago

IFPA lists 2 tournaments at Brixies for tomorrow.

That a double post?

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from justfury:

IFPA lists 2 tournaments at Brixies for tomorrow.
That a double post?

seems like it both point to
http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=1266#results

#47 9 years ago

As far as i know, we are only running one main tournament tonight, and a possible consolation round (no wppr points).

#48 9 years ago

Tell my pals in The Hamburglars that MXV says hello! Any of you guys who are going there tonight should get a kick out of them.

#49 9 years ago

There is usually a second unofficial tourney afterward for the same buy in but no wppr points.

Forgot to mention, swapped ST Pro for SM, so the lineup is SM, METLE & MM for tonight.

#50 9 years ago

I'll miss ST Pro, but Spider-Man is a great replacement.

If you're in the area, come out tonight! Pinball, punk rock, beer & burgers. What's not to like?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monthly-tournament-at-brixies-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.