10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by stangbat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey Stangbat,

Putting on my meteorologists hat... tomorrow is the first 3rd Sat evening I've had off since February! Unfortunately, the forecast looks really dicey for the monthly get together tomorrow evening. Are there any contingency plans based on ice/snow so that local pinheads don't get into trouble?

#2 10 years ago

You would miss the turtle-juggling attempt over a little ice and snow?

#3 10 years ago

Contingency plans meaning moving it to another date? If that is what you mean, no. The back room is reserved too far in advance for us to easily move to another date.

If you mean contingency plan like sleeping on my floor, I'm afraid that is out too due to family being over for Christmas.

If you mean contingency plans like sleeping on PW's floor, you'll have to ask Cory and Dave.

#4 10 years ago

Are the roads as bad as I think they are?

#5 10 years ago

Solid ice rink over here. Can't imagine it's much different over there. Lawrence airport and downtown KC airports both carrying steady freezing rain right now. Of course what the heck do I know, just a meteorologist Was just trying to save my friends from risking their lives to play pinball. Only gets worse over the next few hours with moderate freezing rain changing over to snow during or just after the tourney.

Sucks man. Family is out of town and this was one of the highlights I was looking forward to, but there is no way in heck I'm going to make that drive both ways.

#6 10 years ago

Yea, I wasn't going to try it either. Its only the fourth time in the last 16 tournaments that I've missed. Damn you mother nature!

#7 10 years ago

We had 16 people. I drove back around 10:00 and it wasn't too bad because everything was snow packed and you could get traction. That being said, I only had to drive a little over one mile.

Jason won. Him and Marion had a good battle at the end. I managed to come in 3rd. I can't seem to ever get higher than that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monthly-kc-tourney-at-pizza-west and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.