(Topic ID: 80571)

Montgomery Ward "Home Use" Evel Knievel???

By SkeebWilcox

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mikeincali
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN3234.JPG
DSCN3233.JPG
DSCN3232.JPG
DSCN3223.JPG
DSCN3222.JPG
DSCN3221.JPG
DSCN3220.JPG
DSCN3219.JPG
DSCN3218.JPG
DSCN3215.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Never heard of such a thing until I saw the eBay listing. Just wondered what the deal was and what a "going rate" would be for such a pin...

ebay.com link: 1977 BALLY PROFESSIONAL HOME EVEL KNIEVEL PINBALL MACHINE

#2 10 years ago

They are not worth much and pretty undesirable. I thought I read something years ago that they are pretty much unserviceable though I may not be remembering correctly. Avoid.

As for that one you linked to, that's about 1000 dollars too much.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I thought I read something years ago that they are pretty much unserviceable though I may not be remembering correctly.

No parts.

Not just because it is unserviceable, but because they are junk.

Quoted from MXV:

that's about 1000 dollars too much.

More like 1200 too much! Wow, talk about sticker shock. The real EK machine is a great game. I owned one for years. This thing is worse that a Zizzle.

#4 10 years ago

Wow! Someone actually bid on it at 1200??? One too many zeros there for most.

#5 10 years ago

Yes the Bally home model pinball machines are serviceable. I wrote most of the pinwiki on it:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally_Home_Models

They use the very same commercial parts as other Bally solid state machines of that era (such as on Mata Hari, Star Trek, Paragon, etc). John Robertson has some chips to repair the cpu board now.

2 months later
#6 9 years ago

Just picked up, cleaned up, and got working an EK home version. I think it would be a cool starter pin for really little kids. If anyone is interested, I'm in So. Cal. and would let it go cheap.DSCN3223.JPGDSCN3223.JPGDSCN3222.JPGDSCN3222.JPGDSCN3221.JPGDSCN3221.JPGDSCN3220.JPGDSCN3220.JPGDSCN3219.JPGDSCN3219.JPGDSCN3218.JPGDSCN3218.JPGDSCN3215.JPGDSCN3215.JPG

#8 9 years ago

I have the Captain Fantastic version. Paid $50. for it and still works.

#9 9 years ago

How about a pic behind the backglass?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

How about a pic behind the backglass?

DSCN3234.JPGDSCN3234.JPGDSCN3233.JPGDSCN3233.JPGDSCN3232.JPGDSCN3232.JPG

#11 9 years ago

I can't believe Evel K didn't have a jump in it. Like over a saucer or something. Hearing the ball smack the glass would have been super cool.

#12 9 years ago

idk, looking at the pf my old sentinel home machine might be more fun to play (after my 2 minor mods).

#13 9 years ago

I remember these as a kid and exactly where they sat at the Clearwater Mall. They were right near the lawnmowers in the sports/gun section. These typically went for around $550 I want to say. Give or take a few bucks. I could not afford that so therefore I had to purchase Fonzie from Circus World.

#14 9 years ago

Well, it's still available. Let the fun begin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 179.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/montgomery-ward-home-use-evel-knievel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.