• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210302_194231 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello everyone

After doing the ground mods on the interboard connector, and the ground mods on the transformer, the machine works.. but weird

I have a voltmeter, but no logic probe. Which I'll need on this game

Anyway, bought new boards (MPU and Driver) from ks arcade.

Machine boots, all 4 drop targets reset. Start a game, and I drop a ball into one of the three playfield kickout holes. It's not lit, so it should kick it out.

No, it stays put. Bonus collects, 2nd ball drops out to be plunged.

Then the weird stuff starts. First ball ejected, roulette wheel spins, bonus collected before roulette ball has landed. Then each of the kickout holes cycles in turn, then the ball return solenoid (very bottom) fires. And this continues until you switch it off.

Switch it back on. Game is set on 50c play. Drop in 2 quarters, nothing for first quarter, 4 games for the second.

Also,the boot sequence has changed. Each of the 3 kickout holes cycle in turn, THEN the drop targets fire one by one, then the game goes to attract mode.

Starting a game.. each kickout hole fires one by one, no sounds.

Pulling out what little hair I have. I'll end up replacing every component and board in this machine.

Perplexed, and thanks

Jaime

#2 3 years ago

honestly, it sounds like switches needing to be adjusted. I have a monte and will try to help as much as I can. having aftermarket boards will mess me up a little bit. I went through a few issues with the original boards.

#3 3 years ago

So.. the first things I started to look at, was the self test. Switches 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, and 75 where on.

So looking at the switch matrix, which leaves and returns onto the main cpu.. the only wire common to all "5" switches is 655 (blue/green/green??). This must be going high or locked on, after a while.

It can't be the roulette wheel, as I've just repaired and confirmed that. There is diode protection for the wheel, just wondering exactly that is. On the strobe lines 400 and 411

Anyway..replaced Z13 (7400), and everything came back on, like nothing had happened.

I've already replaced Z14 as well.

Maybe start checking the remote diode boards (A7)

And then lastly.. start talking everything that can be unplugged off the board. System 80B is a law unto itself

Thanks

20210302_194231 (resized).jpg20210302_194231 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

If these boards are new. Why do you have to change these chips? Is it a swemmer board?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monte-carlo-system-80b and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.