Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230305_084810 (resized).jpg
A9B326AC-85AD-4D1C-9EC1-EEAE3B67A8E8 (resized).jpeg
20230310_105936 (resized).jpg
20230310_105932 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Anyone have a Monte Carlo (or I imagine any 80b) that can take a look at the connections on the power supply board?

I noticed on the input side the board connection has a pin that my connector is missing. First pin on left when facing it. No loose wires in the bundle.

Also on the output side the 2 right most pins have no wire either.

20230310_105932 (resized).jpg20230310_105932 (resized).jpg20230310_105936 (resized).jpg20230310_105936 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

That looks correct. On the input side the white wire is your ground and the others are 12v. On the other connector they are all 5v. My Robowar and Tx have one more wire for the 5v but that doesnt mean your MonteCarlo needs 5 wires. I think I have a schematic at home I can check later and report back if someone hasnt chimed in yet.

Is the game not working? Is that why youy are asking about the power supply.

#3 1 year ago

This is a picture I had on my phone of my Tx power supply

A9B326AC-85AD-4D1C-9EC1-EEAE3B67A8E8 (resized).jpegA9B326AC-85AD-4D1C-9EC1-EEAE3B67A8E8 (resized).jpeg

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Is the game not working? Is that why youy are asking about the power supply.

This is a pin that was in storage for quite some time I'm attempting to bring back to life. It isn't booting currently.

I have completed the ground mod removing the ground connectors plates on the transformer mount. When powering on initially the roulette wheel would just spin and some gi would light. Now I just get some GI lighting.

I checked the 5v and it was at 5.4v. Turned it down a bit and noticed the cpu board (well maybe cpu. Top left board in pic) led wasn't lighting consistently. That lead to checking the power supply connections.

The input connection isn't particularly solid. I'm going to put new connectors and pins on each side.

20230305_084810 (resized).jpg20230305_084810 (resized).jpg
#6 1 year ago

I would also unhook the far right board A24-P2. This reset board is really no longer needed. It was mainly used for arcades for when the cpu locked up, it would reset the game.

#7 1 year ago

5.4v coming off the power supply is pretty standard Iv seen, dont get it to low or the mpu wont boot.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Top left board is your sound board.

I suspected it wasn't the cpu. No dip switches etc.

Appreciate all the info. The manual I have isn't nearly as clear and informative as the williams/bally/data east manuals. Not to mention this game and playfield is ridiculously complicated in the number of components involved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monte-carlo-psu- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.