Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by spikedbat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My 1986 Gottlieb Monte Carlo is experiencing an issue with the left flipper. Upon power the game up it does not lock on, however it gives one quick flip of the left flippper ( not the right) upon booting and then the music starts etc. When I hit the start button the game starts, and once the ball is pushed out for the through, and the actual game starts the left flipper locks on and won't go down.

The game was working fine before and now this just started.

Any ideas on where to start? I have a manual for this game that I bought, i'm just not that great at reading schematics yet. I can't figure out from the manual which solenoid # is for the left flipper. It's just not clear to me. I'd be able to test some component if there was a solenoid list but I can't find it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Take a look inside the cabinet and see if the cabinet flipper switch is making contact when it shouldn't be. You may need to do this with a multimeter (and with the power off)

#3 7 years ago

Yep as Forceflow suggests, the set of contacts behind the left flipper button are probably bent and touching each other even when the button isn't pressed in. Just bend the switch blade furthest from the button so there is a slight (1/8") gap between the contacts.

#4 7 years ago

Okay i'll check it out. Makes sense now. I did remove the button to clean it about a week ago and could have bent it taking it apart. Thought it worked since but i'll check it.

thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monte-carlo-1986-left-flipper-stays-on-upon-starting-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.