Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

931625C1-3CC6-4088-BCCA-BFEA7FA54862 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

Title says it all, Monsterbash or Metallica pro?

#2 5 years ago

Not considering price...... Met Pro. The game play is not even in the same league

#3 5 years ago

Met Pro. There is no debate.

#4 5 years ago

I enjoy both, but MET Pro.

#5 5 years ago

Metallica by a wide margin. I've owned both.

#6 5 years ago

Met pro ive had for almost 3 years.... mb didn't last real long and im a b/w guy.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

Title says it all, Monsterbash or Metallica pro?

Unbalanced non-real-world comparison. You could buy almost two Metallica Pros for the price of a Monster Bash.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unbalanced non-real-world comparison. You could buy almost two Metallica Pros for the price of a Monster Bash.

Thats the whole point........ Get a better game and have a pocket full of cash to blow on something else

#9 5 years ago

Both are fun games but I vote Metallica.

#10 5 years ago

Wow, I'm surprised by the lack of any votes for Monster Bash. I think Monster Bash is a great family game with very rewarding shot. I know it's dumb, but those physical figures make a big difference for that game. I know my family would really like a Monster Bash. Having said that I'd also love to own a Metallic too.

#11 5 years ago

Both are really fun pins and two of my faves.
I agree with lpeters82 above, MB is a really good family game with lots of satisfying shots and fun interactive toys.
MET has deeper rules, awesome flow and a higher adrenaline style of gameplay.
These are likely 2 of my all time keepers.

#12 5 years ago

you should add a poll.

#13 5 years ago

Met Pro all day every day

#14 5 years ago

Ya man, Met Pro is a great game. I found Monster Bash boring and uneventful....just my opinion....

#15 5 years ago

Met pro.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Ya man, Met Pro is a great game. I found Monster Bash boring and uneventful....just my opinion....

I agree that MET Pro is the better choice, but I wouldn't go as far as saying MB is boring. It has a lot of cool interactive toys and different shots to shoot for. What do you find boring about it?

#17 5 years ago

Both are awesome but MET Pro

#18 5 years ago

I have both. I paid $4k more for my Monster Bash which makes a direct comparison difficult. Both are great games. Bang for the buck is for Met pro,. MB is one the whole family loves, while I can see the appeal for Met being stronger among more competitive and serious pinball players. The OP already has MB in his collection making me think there is some back story here.

#19 5 years ago

Just did not do it for me, play seemed kind of flat. Nice looking game and yes, the toys were cool, but I could not get the hype on the game.

Quoted from mrossman5:

I agree that MET Pro is the better choice, but I wouldn't go as far as saying MB is boring. It has a lot of cool interactive toys and different shots to shoot for. What do you find boring about it?

#20 5 years ago

Title doesn't say it all. What qualities are important to you? If you want a simple game anyone can get to the wizard mode to in less than a month with familiar characters it's #monsterbash by a mile. If you want a challenge with deep rules and modes you're not likely to see with a year of frequent play then Metallica (Pro) by a mile. Do you like campy humor and talking monsters or good callouts by members of Metallica? Do you want to have a great game and 4k in your bank account too? Metallica by a mile.

#21 5 years ago

Way too few people here. To really show which game is more popular. Both great games, both very different machines. The true way to win is own both but make the Metallica a Monsters.

931625C1-3CC6-4088-BCCA-BFEA7FA54862 (resized).jpeg931625C1-3CC6-4088-BCCA-BFEA7FA54862 (resized).jpeg

#22 5 years ago

Depends on what you want - MB is simple but it’s fun, and difficulty can be set higher than standard to make it more of a challenge

met has the benefit of the great music (if you’re into them) and more
Complex gameplay that comes with a later game

Personally, MB is a keeper IMO because it’s an obvious choice to get non-players in, and I love throwing down a couple quick games, but the theme is a huge Factor for Me

#23 5 years ago

I've had MB 10 years or so, and got MoPLE new in the box, but it'll go before MB does.

MB will be the last pin standing when the other 20 are gone.

#24 5 years ago

If price no issue MB. I had a blinged our Met prem for a year. I had MB about 8.

#25 5 years ago

Go with the Bash!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Depends on what you want - MB is simple but it’s fun, and difficulty can be set higher than standard to make it more of a challenge
met has the benefit of the great music (if you’re into them) and more
Complex gameplay that comes with a later game
Personally, MB is a keeper IMO because it’s an obvious choice to get non-players in, and I love throwing down a couple quick games, but the theme is a huge Factor for Me

Set my mb up as difficult as possible.... still was rather easy . Fun pin in a larger collection or for a few months in a smaller collection.

#27 5 years ago

Metallica Pro

#28 5 years ago

I have more fun playing MET Pro than MB.

#29 5 years ago

Met pro...with color dmd. I like MB a lot, but Met for the win. Before any mod, buy a color dmd, really worth it!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Wow, I'm surprised by the lack of any votes for Monster Bash.

Monster Bash is kind of boring and I have never seen it as worth the huge premium it commands in the market. But lots of other people love it!

#31 5 years ago

If money is not an issue, MB

#32 5 years ago

I like both, but I would lean toward MB.

#33 5 years ago

Made the decision, gonna chop roadshow and CFTBL for Met pro. So I downsize to MB, WH20 ans Metallica.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

Made the decision, gonna chop roadshow and CFTBL for Met pro. So I downsize to MB, WH20 ans Metallica.

You got ripped off on this trade my friend. Roadshow and CFTBL together is worth way more than a met pro. Rs 3 to 3.4k and cftbl 4-5k(depending on condition)

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

WAY lopsided trade. CFTBL could go straight across for a Met pro. Roadshow and a little cash could go for a Met pro. You don't need to trade BOTH to get just one Met pro.

#36 5 years ago

Monster bash would have been my answer when I first got into this hobby but after playing both extensively, Metallica and rather eat too. Complexity, sound, effects, etc etc etc. No contest. That bash looks damn nice though.

#37 5 years ago

Just to be clear, in Europe we have other prices. For example I bought a couple of years ago all my machines for 5000€/USD (WH20, rs, cftbl, MB).

These days rs is like 2.5-3k, cftbl 2.7-3k and MB 7.5k for a decent one.

Therefore a Met pro is like 1:2 with some cash in the pocket.

2 weeks later
#38 5 years ago

Back on topic, best game, MB or Met pro

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

MET Pro would be my vote.

#40 5 years ago

I prefer Monsterbash

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

How many more opinions did you need?

#42 5 years ago

Monster Bash. I had a Met Prem but sold it to make space and help fund a MBr. I didn’t realize how important humor was to me until I had games in my home that lacked it.

#43 5 years ago

I had both and sold both after a few years. I would own Metallica again. MB... not so much. I'm a b/w fan, a horror fan, and I still think MB is an overrated game... It may be better if you have small children or if you like cheesy rock.

#44 5 years ago

Interested why MB is ranked #3 in top 100. I'm assuming the only way to become top 3 is due to the amazing awesome flow, rules, game play, feel, ect... Just curious why MET Prem is ranked lower since I'm seeing more love for MET on this thread.

#45 5 years ago

MB sure looks good when polished up/restored. I get bored playing it after a while but it's still a cool game. More of a collector game than player imo. MET may not have that classic B/W charm but is much more of a player with it's great rules. Someday I will probably sell my MET pro but it will not be for a while. Still really enjoy playing it. If you could combine the looks/theme of MB with the rules of MET that would be epic.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool84:

Interested why MB is ranked #3 in top 100. I'm assuming the only way to become top 3 is due to the amazing awesome flow, rules, game play, feel, ect... Just curious why MET Prem is ranked lower since I'm seeing more love for MET on this thread.

16 years head start?

#47 5 years ago

Met pro

#48 5 years ago

Met Pro, of course.

7 months later
#49 5 years ago

MB. Just like the theme much better. Like to play Met but would not own it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monsterbash-or-metallica-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.