Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221026-115926_Firefox.jpg
11704762-722C-4DA6-89C6-428EF623751A (resized).jpeg
deepcode (resized).jpg
3D54B81E-DBDF-439E-A72B-2FBAD212A608 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

I understand why some people set scores a little low, I have trouble ranking games low even when I feel they are unplayable, but to completely destroy and rank them based on bias. This drives me mad no matter the game. If you give game fair scoring then you are doing our community a favor.

3D54B81E-DBDF-439E-A72B-2FBAD212A608 (resized).jpeg
#2 6 months ago
Quoted from JurassicPark:

I understand why some people set scores a little low, I have trouble ranking games low even when I feel they are unplayable, but to completely destroy and rank them based on bias. This drives me mad no matter the game. If you give game fair scoring then you are doing our community a favor.
[quoted image]

1000% agree. This occurred with a great Multimorphic game “Heist”, after it climbed to 2nd place after reviews posted. The following week Pinsiders who had clearly never played the game decided to trash it

I can’t understand the complaints about Monster Bash. I’ve had the game for 5 years and still enjoy it every time I fire it up.

I Definitely think people should be entitled to their opinions, but intentionally dragging something you are mad about isn’t an opinion, it’s petty revenge. I guess this is the internet, after all, so there’s only so far away one can get from trash

#3 6 months ago

I’d absolutely love a Monster Bash at a trash game price!

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

1000% agree. This occurred with a great Multimorphic game “Heist”, after it climbed to 2nd place after reviews posted. The following week Pinsiders who had clearly never played the game decided to trash it
I can’t understand the complaints about Monster Bash. I’ve had the game for 5 years and still enjoy it every time I fire it up.
I Definitely think people should be entitled to their opinions, but intentionally dragging something you are mad about isn’t an opinion, it’s petty revenge. I guess this is the internet, after all, so there’s only so far away one can get from trash

Most played game at my house, and I have a GZ premium sitting right next to it. Everyone loves Frank and Drac!

#5 6 months ago

To put in the two cents of the other side, I do get what he is saying though. Too me it doesn't stand up to the code on most modern games. I would never rank MB as low as a four though because it is still fun as hell. For me it's like a Deadpool though, great fun but its not something that keeps my attention for long periods at a time. Not trying to bash it because for the time it was top notch and even now it is still loads of fun but if I am comparing it to what is out now I like what is out now better. I think it's mostly a preference thing though of what people like and enjoy, I want a more modern pin but give me a classic car every day of the week.

#6 6 months ago

It’s also an overrated game from the people that love it. I feel like those two types of reviews cancel out well.

Also when you review it’s hard to know if you should rate it by modern standards or not cause if you do all games before like 2007 take a .5 grade hit that doesn’t seem fare.

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

It’s also an overrated game from the people that love it. .

That can be said about every game.

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That can be said about every game.

It’s far more apparent in all the 90s games. We all grew up either loving them ourselves or being told they were the best. I feel like all the 10/10 s get balanced out by some weirdo going down to 4 or 5.

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

It’s far more apparent in all the 90s games. We all grew up either loving them ourselves or being told they were the best. I feel like all the 10/10 s get balanced out by some weirdo going down to 4 or 5.

That's because the 90's DMD's still are the best.

#10 5 months ago

I always love with the recent games people are all "I love that deeeep code, I neeeeeeeeed that deeeeeeeeep code"
They like to bag on the older 90s stuff for not being deep enough
Meanwhile on both eras of games they set the game to 5 ball games (hell I've seen people put it up to 10)
All ball savers on, plus extra ball rewards
Near closed outlanes
Less than 250 plays and it's up for sale like clockwork

People just get tired of games period, I don't care how new they are, they all lose the luster once the next new shiny comes along.

deepcode (resized).jpg
#11 5 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I always love with the recent games people are all "I love that deeeep code, I neeeeeeeeed that deeeeeeeeep code"
Meanwhile they set the game to 5 ball games (hell I've seen people put it up to 10)
All ball savers on, plus extra ball rewards
Wide open outlanes
Less than 250 plays and it's up for sale like clockwork
People just get tired of games period, I don't care how new they are, they all lose the luster once the next new shiny comes along.

I don't want to play the same 3 ball game for four hours trying to sniff 1/10th of THE DEEP CODE ZOMG!

I, like you, suspect more than a few players tighten up the outlanes, jack up number of balls per game and crank up the ball save timers. OMG, GAME TOOO EASY SO STUPID OVERRATED ZOMG.

#12 5 months ago

Yeah, I've seen it first hand more than a few times sadly. I also had to edit my post because, I meant to put tighten up the outlanes not wide open (if only they did)
I know there are some games that good players can exploit or don't really have longevity in the 90s era that's for sure, but you can certainly make the game harder from the start to mitigate that.

#13 5 months ago

No way is Monster Bash a 4.6.

I think that Rush is boring and I don't like the theme at all. But a 4.6? Not hardly. You can appreciate a game even if you think it's boring.

And sure, there are overrated games (like Addams, Safecracker, Monster Bash etc., etc.). But get outta here with that review.

#14 5 months ago

The amount of work and talent put into these games make anyone one start at a default 10 and then goes down from there. Thank god flagging is an option to canceling out ignorance.

#15 5 months ago
Quoted from JurassicPark:The amount of work and talent put into these games make anyone one start at a default 10 and then goes down from there. Thank god flagging is an option to canceling out ignorance.

Well said. Even games that turned out to be kind of lame have a lot of work put into them

2 weeks later
#16 5 months ago

Is it possible that people rate games based on jealousy of not having the ability to own them?

#17 5 months ago

Put a MB on location with Stranger Things, Spider-man, and Ghostbusters. MB did 1/3 of St Th in 2 weeks and 1/2 of the others. Guess the casuals are more about theme.

#18 5 months ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Put a MB on location with Stranger Things, Spider-man, and Ghostbusters. MB did 1/3 of St Th in 2 weeks and 1/2 of the others. Guess the casuals are more about theme.

MB is not exactly a recent theme, and since more casuals are probably younger than your average serious player, this checks out.

#19 5 months ago

All I am saying is this in no way is a 4 out of 10 game. The new lights and themes appeal to the younger casual player. I am not one who will usually flag but these kind of ratings are egregious at best. Toy story which is a mediocre pin does more than 90% of the pins out there.

11704762-722C-4DA6-89C6-428EF623751A (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#20 4 months ago

I am shocked this did not get flagged more.

#21 4 months ago
Quoted from JurassicPark:

I am shocked this did not get flagged more.

Flags are the only thing dumber then the rating system itself.

Screenshot_20221026-115926_Firefox.jpg
#22 4 months ago

Definitely defiantly.

#23 4 months ago

Get absolutely busted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ludlow, VT
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bashing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.