Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MonsterBashboardmodified.png
MB_CPU_(resized).png
P1010527_(resized).JPG
P1010526_(resized).JPG
P1010524_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

My Monster Bash has sat for a few months and I tried to start it the other day with no success. When you first turn it on, the game beeps, some of the playfield lights come on, once in awhile Frankies solenoid kicks in for a few seconds, the DMD lights up with just a blur and goes in and out. But after a minute or so of this, everything quits working except the blue lights on the outlanes stay on dimly. I don't know too much about these games, but if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. I'm in the process of building a man cave and I'm trying to get everything to work before the cave gets built. Could a power supply be effecting all of this. Thanks, Tom

#2 3 years ago

Any battery acid damage on the MPU below the battery pack?
What you mention are symptoms of acid damage.
Post a picture of the MPU for us.

#4 3 years ago

I would try re-seating the ribbon cables.
Post a photo of the mpu board after start-up.

#5 3 years ago

I just put new batteries on the board. It does not look like there is any acid damage to the board. It looks fairly clean. I tried reseating the ribbon cables.After the game tries to start up, the led 501 light continues to flash off and on. The rest of the led's continue to stay lit. Attached are pics of the boards.

P1010524_(resized).JPG

P1010526_(resized).JPG

P1010527_(resized).JPG

#6 3 years ago

Probably need a better picture, but it looks like there is acid damage on the MPU board. On the bottom edge of the battery holder, to the CPU chip at U4 (to the right of the battery holder) and the ASIC socket/chip at U9. The green stuff is acid damage. Could even be more than I cannot see since need a higher resolution picture to zoom up better on the components. Time to have this board sent out to be repaired.MB_CPU_(resized).png

#7 3 years ago

I would have NVRAM installed on the board while it is being repaired as well. Then you would not have to worry about any battery leakage anymore.

#8 3 years ago

Probably should just sell it to me...cheap

Downvotes!?! Nice sense of humor.

#9 3 years ago

Is that EEPROM window missing a label? If so, cover it. It's possible (but unlikely) to corrupt the data with light.

The parts I have circled look like possible acid damage. Look close at those sections. If you see evidence of corrosion that is bad news.

MonsterBashboardmodified.png

#10 3 years ago

Where is the best place to send this board out to.I now actually live in Cape Coral, Fl. 33909 Thanks for all the help

#11 3 years ago

I would suggest Clive at Coin-Op Cauldron.
www.coinopcauldron.com

Give him a call and ask if he will repair acid damage.

#12 3 years ago

Never used him but have talked to chrishibler about board issues. He seems to be highly skilled and often recommended.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I would have NVRAM installed on the board while it is being repaired as well. Then you would not have to worry about any battery leakage anymore.

Do not forget to ask about this.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from tommypinball:

Where is the best place to send this board out to.I now actually live in Cape Coral, Fl. 33909 Thanks for all the help

I live 30 mins away if you need help

#16 3 years ago

MeNaCeFiRe, Where do you live. Maybe we can get together and go over some issues. I'm also having a problem with my ball shooter on Indiana Jones. I have a guy stopping by today to see if he can figure it out. If he can't help me out, I will get in touch with you and see if we can work something out. Thanks, Tom

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
Boards
PCB Emporium

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside