• Ghostbusters 65 votes
    28%

(235 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

114ADECA-AFE9-4E25-B537-29AB56D104E9 (resized).jpeg
094E7316-30F5-4B68-8567-B837ADAA3C6B (resized).jpeg
0923181640 (resized).jpg
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Hello, pinball world. I have a friend who recently became a pinball nut. Being a goth girl she loves the monster type pins. We have ruled out CFTBL, SS, EATPM, 1812, etc. It has been narrowed down to MB, Munsters premium and Ghostbusters premium. I’ve mentioned, to her about a new code update coming for Ghostbusters. Poll and opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

Monster Bash by a long shot....GB might close the gap if they actually drop new code...I suspect they might, but its only taken 3 years....

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

Hello, pinball world. I have a friend who recently became a pinball nut. Being a goth girl she loves the monster type pins. We have ruled out CFTBL, SS, EATPM, 1812, etc. It has been narrowed down to MB, Munsters premium and Ghostbusters premium. I’ve mentioned, to her about a new code update coming for Ghostbusters. Poll and opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

I have a Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle coming. Can't believe you haven't considered this one!

#4 4 years ago

For me playing enjoyment order is Monsters 1, Munsters 2, & Ghostbusters 3. I think all three are fun, nice artwork & good themes. Can't go wrong with any of the three.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I have a Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle coming. Can't believe you haven't considered this one!

Being a Goth girl she might like that game...I haven't played, but my buddy really like the game

#6 4 years ago

If they ever finish the GB code it will be the best game of the 3 , but for now I vote MB

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Being a Goth girl she might like that game...I haven't played, but my buddy really like the game

Has come a long way and is really good now. Can't beat the art and LCD animations as well. Spooky is good quality and no playfield clear coat issues at all.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Has come a long way and is really good now. Can't beat the art and LCD animations as well. Spooky is good quality and no playfield clear coat issues at all.

CGC doesn't have play field issues....I had a GB and thought it was crap even though it was a dream theme...Alice Cooper is pretty good value if your a fan...

#9 4 years ago

Bro. MB all the way. No contest.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC doesn't have play field issues....I had a GB and thought it was crap even though it was a dream theme...Alice Cooper is pretty good value if your a fan...

True, but don't really have to be a fan to like the game. I'm not and I've played it many times. It's just a great package! I agree though MB is best out of the 3 listed here IMO.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

GB might close the gap if they actually drop new code

GB may close the gap if they close the damn flipper gap

But in all seriousness, if this girl is a "goth chick" I can't see how any Spooky title (especially ACNC) isn't in the running over GB. GB is an unfunny and kiddie SNL skit that goes on for 90 minutes that gets labelled as a "comedy" yet has no jokes after Bill Murray's opening scene with the cards.

I'd vote MB, ACNC, Munsters, then something like RZ (and I don't even like RZ) or waiting for Danesi's next game... then a thousand other titles... then GB... then TAF.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

But in all seriousness, if this girl is a "goth chick" I can't see how any Spooky title (especially ACNC) isn't in the running over GB.

This!..

#13 4 years ago

Have her check out the Unidesa game Mephisto on Youtube. You’ll never find one but it is the end all!

MB as far as the most interesting game. I’d actually go Munsters since it is cheaper, a bit easier for a newer player and Yvonne De Carlo is WAY hotter than Elsa Lanchester. I’m guessing your friend is not yet at the point where she cares about how deep the code is, or is a master player. Get the one with the best package and is not a frustrating mess. Munsters

#14 4 years ago

Played them all

GB has the deepest rule set

Munsters May grow if updates come along

MB is fun but kinda shallow

Just my 02 not Disrespecting any game because they are amazing in their own rights

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

For a newer pinball player who loves "monster type pins", Monster Bash for sure. For more seasoned players, Ghostbusters would be my choice. Like others have said, maybe consider Alice Cooper, but Munsters is a distant afterthought that I wouldn't even consider personally.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

GB may close the gap if they close the damn flipper gap

But if you have to get a GB, a lot of people install a bumper post between the flippers to help with the "too wide" of flipper gap. They claim it helps a lot.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

She did. I think it’s the way the playfield is set up. It was not as flowing for her. She loved everything else about the game

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

She did. I think it’s the way the playfield is set up. It was not as flowing for her. She loved everything else about the game

Yes, it is more of a catch and shoot type game. Tighter shots. A home pin that requires practice for sure. And nudging skills! Some guys claim they can get good flow going, but it's nothing like my Stern Star Trek for flow (Steve Ritchie).

#19 4 years ago

Imho, I told her, GB, MB then Munsters. Actually, I would do Alice over Munsters. If they made the code deeper on Munsters, I’d buy one for the home. It’s fun, but so crazy shallow.

#20 4 years ago

MB by a billion miles. Munsters is pretty piss poor and GB is just a steaming pile of ecto-shit

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

MB by a billion miles. Munsters is pretty piss poor and GB is just a steaming pile of ecto-shit

How do u really feel

#22 4 years ago

Gb by far. Don’t get me wrong, MB is awesome but, if you are any good at pinball it’s way too easy to complete. Too shallow. It’s like TZ, while amazing game, once you get to LITZ 6 times in one game you are kinda hoping for a drain. Munsters shouldn’t have been made. IMHO.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Gb by far. Don’t get me wrong, MB is awesome but, if you are any good at pinball it’s way too easy to complete. Too shallow. It’s like TZ, while amazing game, once you get to LITZ 6 times in one game you are kinda hoping for a drain. Munsters shouldn’t have been made. IMHO.

I wanted to love my GBLE, but after having it for 3 months I couldn't sell it fast enough .... is it more challenging than MB...yes....but its not nearly as fun

#24 4 years ago

Missing out on some fun titles.

0923181640 (resized).jpg0923181640 (resized).jpg
#25 4 years ago

I had the same questions when buying. I went w gb. Glad I did. New code coming. Munsters too easy. Premium version not good. I like mb...a lot. But where will you be in a few months with it? Shallow, old game. Read how many people on here blew threw it.

Now, gb, it's generally a harder game. For me, it makes me a better pkayer. If the gb code updates is a game changer like game of thrones was, then u really have something special.

#26 4 years ago

Crazy how Munsters is still shunned. A great game w lower multiball mini pf. Munster madness is insane, and I take it by a mile over MB as is. With any code update, the tide will shift on this one, big time.
( Forgot how long BM66 took to even be acknowledged...)

#27 4 years ago

MB is an all time classic. GB just never did anything for me. The Munsters is one I had high hopes for and was WAY overhyped by some around here before it came out. Each time I play it I like it less at this point. The Munsters is my least favorite SPIKE game.

#28 4 years ago

If she doesn't mind a tough game, I would vote for GB.
Another one to consider that I feel is one of top 2 Data East games is Tales From The Crypt.
Rules are easy to figure out but very difficult to get to the final wizard mode. It will be reasonable in terms of cost too.
Good luck!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

Imho, I told her, GB, MB then Munsters. Actually, I would do Alice over Munsters. If they made the code deeper on Munsters, I’d buy one for the home. It’s fun, but so crazy shallow.

You already have the correct order imho.

#30 4 years ago

Monster Bash vs. Garbage & Trash.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Crazy how Munsters is still shunned.

The people who dont own Munsters are the only ones dogging it and i bet if you looked that you would be hard pressed to find someone who owns Munsters and MB both that votes for MB.

#32 4 years ago

MB all the way.

#33 4 years ago

How can you compare flawed new games to an all star classic? MB is not exactly my favorite game but c'mon. It's got all the things that made 90's B/W pins so desirable. Owners are screaming for code updates for GB and Munsters and no shortage of criticism of gameplay/features on both. Never buy a game unless you are happy with the code and how it plays at that moment.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Owners are screaming for code updates for GB and Munsters and no shortage of criticism of gameplay/features on both.

This owner here is, i love my Munsters and GB both. Munsters code is pretty sweet actually. Don’t believe everything that you hear.

#35 4 years ago

I do not like MB. I always thought it was a stupid theme to have monsters in a band. Hate the big cd look in the middle of the play field. But people love. I just don’t care for it.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I do not like MB. I always thought it was a stupid theme to have monsters in a band. Hate the big cd look in the middle of the play field. But people love. I just don’t care for it.

Boooooo!!

#37 4 years ago

Your girlfriend has expensive tastes...run.

J/K, but as a first time pin owner I wouldnt splurge 6 to 8k on a new pin. For goth, go with a nice TFTC. It wasnt in your ruled out list.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

If you're getting MOR, trip sixes, and LITZ 6 times in one game you might want to compete, or set up your game and rules a bit tougher.
lol

As for the Games in this thread, I'd put them MB/Munsters/GB

I've owned GB and have MB currently. GB Premium is beautiful to look at but shooting it just isn't fun. The scoleri bros targets are a freaking insult with how cheap, and the right ramp might as well not even be there it's so tough to hit. The Pro is a bit nicer to shoot but on either game the ball flys all over the freaking place and you combine that with the flipper gap it's about as fun as getting a colonoscopy.

Munsters while I haven't played too much on, at least shoots like a decent fun game and the theme is well integrated.

MB on the other hand nails everything from shots to flow to theme, but of course there will be those that say it's too easy - you can absolutely make it more difficult.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The people who dont own Munsters are the only ones dogging it....

Riiiight.
Owners are the only ones to be trusted

#40 4 years ago

Here's what u do :

1. Play the pins she's interested in owning
2. buy the first nice HUO used game that comes available on the used market
3. After a few months when she gets sick of the game just sell it and move on to the next title...

You'll never get a consensus on this forum....

#41 4 years ago

I would like to suggest TWD premium. Goths love it!

#42 4 years ago

This is a lot of money to spend because a friend of yours has a preference. Forget that nonsense and buy something you want. None of those 3 games are very good.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

Goth? No contest. Bram Stoker's Dracula.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You'll never get a consensus on this forum....

The poll speaks for itself, tho. Currently MB blowout by a wide margin.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Bram Stokers Dracula is a pretty bad ass game!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is a lot of money to spend because a friend of yours has a preference. Forget that nonsense and buy something you want. None of those 3 games are very good.

I'm curious to know what u actually think is a good game?

#47 4 years ago

ACNC then GB

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This owner here is, i love my Munsters and GB both. Munsters code is pretty sweet actually. Don’t believe everything that you hear.

I had an opportunity to buy a HUO Munsters LE for $7000 (had 50 plays)...its crazy the hit original buyers are taking on these games

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had an opportunity to buy a HUO Munsters LE for $7000 (had 50 plays)...its crazy the hit original buyers are taking on these games

Most LE's are crazy, period. They seem to be designed specifically for those that have excess money.

Buyer: I want a pinball machine.

Pinball Manufacturer: Okay, we have this great new machine coming out for $5,000.

Buyer: I want to pay more.

Pinball Manufacturer: We can add on some better toys for an additional $2,000.

Buyer: More

Pinball Manufacturer: Hmm...that's really all we think makes sense in the game.

Buyer: More

Pinball Manufacturer: Fine, we'll slap on a numbered sticker for an extra $2,000.

Buyer: I'll take it.

Pinball Manufacturer: Don't you want to try it out and see if you like it first?

Buyer: And take a chance of missing out on the opportunity to spend more money on items that don't affect the game play, no way.

#50 4 years ago

I really wanted to like GB and Munsters, but after playing them a few times, I really didn't like either one. Maybe I need more plays. For me it'd be Monster Bash all the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-vs-munsters-vs-ghostbusters?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.