• Ghostbusters 65 votes
    28%

(235 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

114ADECA-AFE9-4E25-B537-29AB56D104E9 (resized).jpeg
094E7316-30F5-4B68-8567-B837ADAA3C6B (resized).jpeg
0923181640 (resized).jpg
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I really wanted to like GB and Munsters, but after playing them a few times, I really didn't like either one. Maybe I need more plays. For me it'd be Monster Bash all the way.

I had the same feeling about GB...it was a dream theme, but after playing the game for 6 months I couldn't sell it fast enough...it was crap, and was more frustrating than fun. My prediction that Stern/Dwight wouldn't support with new code was spot on...that being said it looks like they might drop new code soon (only took 3 years), which might help, but won't help the game layout, and large flipper gap....

#52 4 years ago

Based on FUN, I would rank them in this order.

MB > Munsters > Ghost Busters

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Most LE's are crazy, period. They seem to be designed specifically for those that have excess money.
Buyer: I want a pinball machine.
Pinball Manufacturer: Okay, we have this great new machine coming out for $5,000.
Buyer: I want to pay more.
Pinball Manufacturer: We can add on some better toys for an additional $2,000.
Buyer: More
Pinball Manufacturer: Hmm...that's really all we think makes sense in the game.
Buyer: More
Pinball Manufacturer: Fine, we'll slap on a numbered sticker for an extra $2,000.
Buyer: I'll take it.
Pinball Manufacturer: Don't you want to try it out and see if you like it first?
Buyer: And take a chance of missing out on the opportunity to spend more money on items that don't affect the game play, no way.

Thats pretty close...although on many games upgrading to a premium is worth the extra cash....CGC (remakes), and JJP LE's used to be worth the extra $ (with Wonka they changed that)....Stern LE's (and I've owned a few) are a waste of money buying NIB (aside from maybe Tron, and ST)

#54 4 years ago

Bash all day!
Munsters is just to shallow to enjoy long term but that’s just me. Probably need to play more but don’t think will change feelings at this point. GB on the other hand would have potential esp with the potential code update.
I think this would be a challenge depending on skills. Could be set up for constant frustration.
Of course I more bias with what I have in my collection. SS should be considered. Just plain old fun here!

#55 4 years ago

Ghostbusters, has way more to do and with the new code coming, going to be a home run!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Ghostbusters, has way more to do and with the new code coming, going to be a home run!

If I still owned one I'd say the same thing...

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Crazy how Munsters is still shunned. A great game w lower multiball mini pf. Munster madness is insane, and I take it by a mile over MB as is. With any code update, the tide will shift on this one, big time.
( Forgot how long BM66 took to even be acknowledged...)

The first time I played it, I got to the mini pf 4-5 times in one game... It got kind of boring for me, even though I wanted to love it.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

With any code update, the tide will shift on this one, big time.

Oh Lyman's doing the code update for GB?
No? Then it ain't the same situation.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The first time I played it, I got to the mini pf 4-5 times in one game... It got kind of boring for me, even though I wanted to love it.

To be honest....I really don't care for lower playfields - on any pin.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Crazy how Munsters is still shunned. A great game w lower multiball mini pf. Munster madness is insane, and I take it by a mile over MB as is. With any code update, the tide will shift on this one, big time.

I think owners of the game will be happy with a code update - regardless of how big or small - but I don't think it will move the needle too much for others.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think owners of the game will be happy with a code update - regardless of how big or small - but I don't think it will move the needle too much for others.

EDIT: I hope I am wrong though. It is cool when big code updates shift the pin from so so to out of this world great! It could happen...but not likely. We'll see (maybe)

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Scrappy01:

I would like to suggest TWD premium which blows all these games out of the water. Goths love it!

She has tried it, loves the theme. Thinks the game play is a bit brutal for a newer player.

#63 4 years ago

MM and AFM are superior in that price range.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm curious to know what u actually think is a good game?

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Agreed, and I don't personally care, as I enjoy the game much more than the other 2 listed here.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh Lyman's doing the code update for GB?
No? Then it ain't the same situation.

Granted, you are correct. We can hope he would contribute, however.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It's more than the mini playfield, but that is a major feature of this game. Ultimately, some will like it, some wont. MB was fun, but I tired of it pretty quick.

#67 4 years ago

I have a GB and love it, but in saying that MB and Munsters is also on my want list. MB for the humour, toys and shot flow and yes rules are a little shallow but for the time a dam nice pin but super expensive here in Aus. Munsters was a theme I really wanted and love the look and the shot flow but the rules have to improve to consider and a shame they did not have some more tv show related modes.

GB looks cool, sounds great, a little humour and deeper rules than the other 2 games but has some minor shot & rule issues - but reckon with a code upgrade should make this even better - this is the pick for me.

#68 4 years ago

MB>munsters>GB in order of fun to shoot and good for people newer to the hobby.

My worthless $.02

#69 4 years ago

I have the Limited Editions of all of them and I actually agree with you, The Munsters for the win.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

The people who dont own Munsters are the only ones dogging it and i bet if you looked that you would be hard pressed to find someone who owns Munsters and MB both that votes for MB.

#70 4 years ago

Okay... Here are my thoughts on this triple threat match. And its a real slobberknocker as I think these are three of the best looking pins you could ever own. I will admit a partial bias as I own a MBr LE. I only bought my Monster Bash, because the LE really was one of the nicest looking pins I've ever seen and the topper was just amazing. So I wanted it. But, gameplay wise. It is shallow, and also doesn't lend itself to a whole lot of variety in the strats you can employ.
But, it is one of the best games in terms of old school toys. Its got lots of sculpts and 2 really cool bash toys. 2 of the best. 3 ramps. And while not a deep game, a really nice rule set. And the LE has some of the best callouts/sense of humor, and animations in a pin. Lighting is amazing.
So I think MBR might be the best looker.

But, again... All three games look amazing. Ghostbusters has a really cool smash toy too, and I think the playfield art might be the best of all three. I only played ghostbusters about 5 times. Played a lot of games on it... But, only about 5 different locations. And Munsters I've played it about the same amount.

I won't lie. Ghostbusters can kick you in the butt. It can be a tough game and it can be a drain monster. But, when you have a great game. Its amazing. Great callouts, I like the code... But, I do agree it can be too linear... But, if you know what you are doing, there are choices and ways around it... But, I agree they need to do a reward for completeing all the first level modes for each tier like star trek did.
Love the animations. The don't cross stream video mode is good, not great... I think the esp one if fun... Wish it wasn't random... But, its okay to experience once or twice.

Munsters. It looks beautiful. Pro has a great looking playfield, but I like the bw prem. Love the concept of the mini playfield, But it really is a tease if you ask me.
Not a big fan of it so far. The code is interesting.... But, to me hard to open up, and doin't really like the animations and I think the callouts are horrible.
Marilyn sounds like a small boy, and paul lynde doesnt fit. He was in 3-4 episodes.
And to me it just lacks energy... Lacks pop... I don't love shooting it.

So if you want something to look at... All three look great.
If you want something that is deep in code. It's Ghostbusters.
If you want something that is all about the gameplay... I think its Monster Bash... But, then again if you don't mind being frustrated Ghostbusters is good shooting too.

If you're a fan of toys, its Monster Bash.
I personally can't wait till I can get a Ghostbusters in my home. It'll look great next to my MBr LE.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Goth? No contest. Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Absolutely true ...If she's into Goth, none of the 3 match BSD imho. All the games mentioned are light-hearted humor.

BSD is a nasty, no joke, horror pin..

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wanted to love my GBLE, but after having it for 3 months I couldn't sell it fast enough .... is it more challenging than MB...yes....but its not nearly as fun

Same here with the GB premium, couldn't get the game dialed in and it played like garbage. Never picked up a game and slammed the front down before, but GB brought it out in me (maybe THAT is why the insert started ghosting ). Seriously, F that game. First and likely last Stern NIB purchase. The pro plays well though. Get the MB or a GB pro. . .the Munsters, eh.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

If you're getting MOR, trip sixes, and LITZ 6 times in one game you might want to compete, or set up your game and rules a bit tougher.
lol
As for the Games in this thread, I'd put them MB/Munsters/GB
I've owned GB and have MB currently. GB Premium is beautiful to look at but shooting it just isn't fun. The scoleri bros targets are a freaking insult with how cheap, and the right ramp might as well not even be there it's so tough to hit. The Pro is a bit nicer to shoot but on either game the ball flys all over the freaking place and you combine that with the flipper gap it's about as fun as getting a colonoscopy.
Munsters while I haven't played too much on, at least shoots like a decent fun game and the theme is well integrated.
MB on the other hand nails everything from shots to flow to theme, but of course there will be those that say it's too easy - you can absolutely make it more difficult.

While I’m not that good, I just played the #%*^ out of TZ for years at home. Got pretty decent at it. I’ve had GBLE for two years- still haven’t “beat” it. Also why I keep LOTR at home. GB also needs dialing in and wouldn’t dare pump money in on location, but I still love the depth. No disagreement on scolari but hitting left ramp, loading trap MB, and while I’m probably in the minority I actually like the linear modes, the game comes together for me. Just my opinion. If OP buys MB will be curious as to the 6 month review. Like I said, it’s good, just shallow. Can’t wait to see what the new code does. So much potential above where it’s at. I’ll move my discussions back to the GB thread now!

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

While I’m not that good, I just played the #%*^ out of TZ for years at home. Got pretty decent at it. I’ve had GBLE for two years- still haven’t “beat” it. Also why I keep LOTR at home. GB also needs dialing in and wouldn’t dare pump money in on location, but I still love the depth. No disagreement on scolari but hitting left ramp, loading trap MB, and while I’m probably in the minority I actually like the linear modes, the game comes together for me. Just my opinion. If OP buys MB will be curious as to the 6 month review. Like I said, it’s good, just shallow. Can’t wait to see what the new code does. So much potential above where it’s at. I’ll move my discussions back to the GB thread now!

Code improvements won't help the shitty layout People bag MB on code, but its no different than MM or AFM, and all three of those games have great layouts, flow, and the rule sets are easy to understand yet not that easy to beat the game....All three of those games are highly rated by most for a reason....because they are very fun pins....GB is an incredible theme, but not a fun game....

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:Absolutely true ...If she's into Goth, none of the 3 match BSD imho. All the games mentioned are light-hearted humor.
BSD is a nasty, no joke, horror pin..

That was the game she wanted 1st. I think she found it hard like Alice Cooper.

Thanks for all of the input from everyone.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

That was the game she wanted 1st. I think she found it hard like Alice Cooper.
Thanks for all of the input from everyone.

The beauty of Dracula is its balance. Yes, it can be hard...but - those quick games make it addicting to hit the start button again...and because the ruleset is fairly straight forward, the goals ARE attainable, and when you get the triple multiball stack and Drac is screaming "THIIIIRTY MEEEELLLEEEEEON!", it's super fun and you'll want to do it again. Dracula is one of the perfect examples of playfield design & rules/code working in perfect harmony.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Code improvements won't help the shitty layout People bag MB on code, but its no different than MM or AFM, and all three of those games have great layouts, flow, and the rule sets are easy to understand yet not that easy to beat the game....All three of those games are highly rated by most for a reason....because they are very fun pins....GB is an incredible theme, but not a fun game....

I prefer GB layout over those fan layouts. I also find the "top3's" codes to become stale quickly.

#78 4 years ago

If she's a goth girl and likes monsters I'm in the camp of check out Alice Copper.
You battle monsters in this game.
Example, when you're in the werewolf mode both you and the werewolf have a life bar (sort of like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat arcade games).
If you make the intended shot (shots in green) you load your gun with a silver bullet and then have to make the center shot to hit him (which takes life off his life bar).
If you make the shots lit in red, the werewolf bites you and takes your life away.
It's a pretty cool way to battle monsters and keeps dragging me back to play again when they kick my butt.
There are several monsters you battle, Vampire, Pit Monster, Igor, insects etc.
Its really fun and worth checking out if that's the kind of theme you're looking for.

A lot of the suggestions are good, but I would suggest having her play a bunch of these games and see what she likes.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I prefer GB layout over those fan layouts. I also find the "top3's" codes to become stale quickly.

To each their own....I couldn't disagree more....

#80 4 years ago

monster bash is the only one of the 3 worth playing but it gets super old in a small collection imo

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

GB's design is so horrid, it can't even be called a "layout"....after all, Trudeau was busy doing other things when he should have been making a good pinball machine. Thank goodness he's in prison now! Everyone is safe from him!

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The beauty of Dracula is its balance. Yes, it can be hard...but - those quick games make it addicting to hit the start button again...and because the ruleset is fairly straight forward, the goals ARE attainable, and when you get the triple multiball stack and Drac is screaming "THIIIIRTY MEEEELLLEEEEEON!", it's super fun and you'll want to do it again. Dracula is one of the perfect examples of playfield design & rules/code working in perfect harmony.

Agreed, and love that freakin game!!!!! Once I get started on it, very, very hard to stop playing....

#83 4 years ago

Monster Bash is a great game; fun with a good balance of shots. I find it a far superior shooter to both Munsters and GB. But a couple more games that might interest her that I don't think have been mentioned - Scared Stiff and/or Elvira And The Party Monsters. Scared Stiff is a fantastic game; toes the line with MB, imho.

#84 4 years ago

Well this just happened. Now she is throwing out the list.

094E7316-30F5-4B68-8567-B837ADAA3C6B (resized).jpeg094E7316-30F5-4B68-8567-B837ADAA3C6B (resized).jpeg114ADECA-AFE9-4E25-B537-29AB56D104E9 (resized).jpeg114ADECA-AFE9-4E25-B537-29AB56D104E9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 103.00
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-vs-munsters-vs-ghostbusters/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.