• Latest reply 11 years ago by marksf123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_5-Star.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Alright, here is the last video. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Time to puts some dimples on the playfield

#2 11 years ago

AWESOME... I would be scared to play on that machine ROFL...

#3 11 years ago

Mike, your a Pinball Freak!!! I mean that with the upmost respect....You my friend are the Chip Foose of pinball...MB is my all-time favorite pin....never can have to much chrome...chrome will getcha home! From what I see here, the restoration bar has just been raised!

#4 11 years ago

Awesome looks better than the one's rolling off the assembly line in 98

#5 11 years ago

AMAZING WORK!!!

#6 11 years ago

WOW!

th_5-Star.jpgth_5-Star.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Great work! Whats next?

#8 11 years ago

Fantasic job! Probably the nicest MB I've seen. Love the custom painted coin door!

#9 11 years ago

I've followed this restoration since the first few videos...awesome to see the finished product! And, as expected, looks amazing. Most of all, I wanted to say thanks for taking the time / effort to create the vids...I've learned a ton watching them.

So...what's next on the wishlist??

#10 11 years ago

That is some serious quality, well done! I do agree, I'd be afraid to play it Maybe use some ping pong balls so I don't damage anything

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Signet145:

I've followed this restoration since the first few videos...awesome to see the finished product! And, as expected, looks amazing. Most of all, I wanted to say thanks for taking the time / effort to create the vids...I've learned a ton watching them.
So...what's next on the wishlist??

Probably my TZ, but it will be awhile before I get started.

#12 11 years ago

MikeD thats one bada** motherfu**er you've got there bro.

Post edited by gweempose : Profanity obfuscated.

#13 11 years ago

Another great job Mike!

#14 11 years ago

Excellent job Mike. The game looks sweet!

Todd

#15 11 years ago

Amazing. Wow!

#16 11 years ago

Simply amazing!!

#17 11 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words

#18 11 years ago

wow that is just a thing of beauty!

#19 11 years ago

Only one thing you could do differently, that would be to have the toys/figures painted to have more detail like the one pinsider did...

#20 11 years ago

a really nice job mike.

many thanks for taking the time to document your process, giving a bit of insight to the rest of us exactly what goes into a "professional level" restoration.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

Only one thing you could do differently, that would be to have the toys/figures painted to have more detail like the one pinsider did...

I agree, his figures turned out better looking than mine, but Bob was able to do the LED eyes for my guys in addition to painting them. So, it’s a trade off.

Quoted from j_m_:

many thanks for taking the time to document your process, giving a bit of insight to the rest of us exactly what goes into a "professional level" restoration.

I'm no professional. If I were one I'd do this stuff in half the time without spending as much $ in the process. I appreciate the complement though.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I'm no professional. If I where one I'd do this stuff in half the time without spending as much $ in the process. I appreciate the complement though.

while you may not consider yourself a "professional", the comment (and compliment) was made indicating that the level of restoration that you took your MB to is exactly what I would expect if I were shelling out top dollar to the likes of others that charge for the service.

there's also something to be said about doing it as a "labor of love" or for personal satisfaction when you are doing it for yourself and spare no expensive (in time and/or money) for the sake of getting it exactly how "you" want it to turn out.

personally, I learned quite a bit from watching your video series and believe that it will help me out imensely when I finally get around to starting my restoration.

about the only thing that I'm doing differently, is trying to sort out about 95+% of everything needed prior to starting to try the actual project time down and keep the momentum going once the project gets underway. nothing will officially start until I finish sourcing the rest of my parts, receive my cabinet from doug huse and get my newly cleared pf back from HSA.

and I will say that the "hunt" for parts and getting everything in order has been an adventure and learning experience as well. much like collectable items on ebay, I've finally learned to perform a good cursory search for specific parts before pulling trigger
(nothing is more frustrating than finding something that you need and thinking that it's the only place that you'll find it, only to find it a) cheaper and/or b) in better or new condition after purchasing the first one

#23 11 years ago

Mike, love these videos, but "were" is the word you're looking for here.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Mike, love these videos, but "were" is the word you're looking for here.

Sorry, my PC doesn't have spel check

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

asnatlas said:

I agree, his figures turned out better looking than mine, but Bob was able to do the LED eyes for my guys in addition to painting them. So, it’s a trade off.

Great game Mike - it looks fantastic. I appieciate all the work you put into restoration of your games. I learned a lot from you and my toys wouldn't of turned out half as nice as they did if it was not for you and your videos. Thanks!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 75.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-videos-finial-installment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.