View topic image gallery

4016.jpg
4024.jpg
4029.jpg
3991.jpg
3988.jpg
IMG_4302.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has ever purchased a pin from Allen at Treasure Cove...looking at a Monster Bash, and I'm curious if his games are as nice as they look on his website. Any insights would be appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

The one that I saw they had listed on ebay last week is not restored. Just a heads up.

#3 10 years ago

My second game ever was a TC MB and I was happy with it. Looking back 3 years it was a steal at the price I paid. I sold it for exactly what I had paid for it. Great game.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah, I saw that Rob. The game sounds like it's HUO (no documentation) and the playfield and cabinet are a 9+. With a game that hasn't been restored and no LEDs, it seems like a price tag of $12,400 might be a little too high though. I think I'd rather buy several games for that!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Yeah, I saw that Rob. The game sounds like it's HUO (no documentation) and the playfield and cabinet are a 9+. With a game that hasn't been restored and no LEDs, it seems like a price tag of $12,400 might be a little too high though. I think I'd rather buy several games for that!

I agree.

#6 10 years ago

It's been a long time since I've seen Treasure Cove sell a game they fully restored. Last one I can think of was the day they sold mousing around and river boat gambler at the same time.

Are they still doing high end restoration work? Their work was phenomenal.

#7 10 years ago

The one captainnavidad is talking about is this one.It looks minty fresh plus to me.
I think 12k in these times are a fair price for MB in this shape.

ebay.com link: Monster Bash Pinball Machine Excellent Condition A

#8 10 years ago

Yep - they are, TigerLaw. The MB high end restore was about 16K; I'm sure it's beautiful, but I just can't justify spending that on a single pin. This title does seem to be harder to find though...particularly for a nice example.

#9 10 years ago

The past few year They have restored and sold dozens of top tier games, Multiple mb and mm and other games. If u want u can guess how I know lol

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I'll be putting my Bryan Kelly MB on the market very soon if interested.

#11 10 years ago

TC does amazing work on their games. I've only heard good things about them. Buy with confidence.

I also have a MB up for sale if you go another direction. GL.

#12 10 years ago

Monster bash is a cool game to have !

IMG_4302.JPGIMG_4302.JPG

#13 10 years ago

Here was mine done at TC.. it was for sell at one time..
All I'll say is that i think Mccune and HEP do better cabinet restoration and decal application..

3988.jpg3988.jpg 3991.jpg3991.jpg 4029.jpg4029.jpg 4024.jpg4024.jpg 4016.jpg4016.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Here was mine done at TC.. it was for sell at one time..
All I'll say is that i think Mccune and HEP do better cabinet restoration and decal application..

Looks like they did a heck of a job on that one. That clear coat looks great, really nice machine!!!

3 weeks later
#15 10 years ago

I thought clearcoating devalued a machine and was done when play field was rough. I would imagine it changes how it plays.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I thought clearcoating devalued a machine and was done when play field was rough. I would imagine it changes how it plays.

I think quite the opposite. If a PF was in great shape and then cleared I'd pay more for it, easily. Plays nice and fast and looks great. Protection factor is a plus as well

#17 10 years ago

I'd value a game more with a playfield cleared by a well known restorer with a good reputation. I have one cleared playfield in my collection (Chris Hutchins did it), and it does play different, but in a good way IMO. Smooth and fast.

Edit: I also have a playfield cleared by Ron Kruzman that's really nice, I just haven't installed it yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 75.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-treasure-cove and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.