Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by wesperron
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I will be shopping out a Monster Bash in a week or so and would love any input you have.
What should I look for and what issues dose the game have? What fixes should I do while shopping it out?

#2 13 years ago

You are going to love Monster Bash, congrats on the purchase.
Mechanically i have had no issues with mine, but the playfield wear points are noticable on the drac arc and the mosh pit hole (u can get a cliffy for this) also the scoop cops a hammering.

My only real issue is the playfield lighting, it is quite a dark playfield, i would think that led's would fix that problem, but it will be interesting to see what you think about the lighting issue.

Enjoy, this really is a great pin.

#3 13 years ago

MB is a very fun game. Truly some of the best music and sound in all of pinball.

#4 13 years ago

Gweempose you are still grand champion on my MB. Fun pin one of my fav.very easy to shop.I added white rubbers and all LEDs.I used treasure coves kit on the play field.good luck.I would add plastic potectors. If you need any plastics let me know I have close to 2 full sets some are new and some used.

#5 13 years ago

thanks for the tips. I'll send pics when It gets here.

#6 13 years ago

There's a Drac Trac bracket which is a small metal brace that should be installed under the Drac Trac which really helps to level it out. Most MB's have this installed by now, so yours probably has it, but you should check when you get it and install it if it doesn't. I can send you a picture of it if needed.

Obviously, the greatest problem with the MB is the wear around the scoop hole. I had to fix my wear with JB Weld, and get a TC overlay (which I cut down to a smaller size) to make it look good again, then I installed a Mantis protector. I've debated adding a Cliffy too, for extra protection, but the art looks good again with the parts of the TC overlay I used. Hopefully the previous owner has got some protection on there, so you may not have to address it.

The ball kickout from the scoop on my machine pretty much landed in the same spot on the playfield every time, and you could see a line of wear just starting to form on the playfield, so I polished this area up and put a strip of .002" mylar on it for protection.

Sometimes the Creature's Saucer takes a pretty good beating. I smoothed mine out with JB Weld (while doing the scoop hole, LOL), and then airbrushed a wood tone back into the saucer, and covered it with more of the .002" mylar. It's held up great for more than a year.

So basically, all I've had is cosmetic issues. Frank's drop target drive is getting a little noisy. I may have to check and make sure theres no old grease drying out and gumming it up. I think I've heard of some people having trouble with that.

Have fun with it. Great game!

Jeff R.

#7 13 years ago

I'm good friends with a local operator in my town, and he owns a MB that is out on the location. It gets a TON of play, and it seems that he is always doing work on drac or frank. The scoop also has alot of wear. Home use should be simple though. He told me that he had it in his basement for a year before routing it, and it was sturdy enough. All the problems seem to stem from it being a popular game that has received a lot of wear over the years.

#8 13 years ago

There are some VERY hard to get to lights that reside under the drac track motor. Don't skimp on changing them all out our going LED.

#9 13 years ago

great game id love to have one someday. goodluck with your shop job.

#10 13 years ago

There are some VERY hard to get to lights that reside under the drac track motor. Don't skimp on changing them all out our going LED.

I plan on going all custom LED. I do that to all my machines. I love the look.
Thanks for the tips.

#11 13 years ago

If you need any plastics let me know I have close to 2 full sets some are new and some used.

thanks tatman, I will definitly keep that in mind. I'm not sure what I'll need until it gets here but most likely I will be replaceing all the plastics, rubbers bulbs and just about anything else I think it needs. So you may hear from me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 12.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-tips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.