Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

57592908-693A-401F-8AE1-6E092EA4181F (resized).jpeg
53D05246-346D-4CC3-B473-88661C2A3CED (resized).jpeg
F6D4D0F3-511C-47FD-83F3-62DC92238C16 (resized).jpeg
4344B11F-601E-4997-9CB6-B3847315AF8A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
04BC426C-832E-4A91-A80C-601F204ACC83 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

I get there are purists out there that want the original, but the remakes are well built, have many big improvement, and of course "New"... in my opinion you would have to add quite a bit of cash to the deal...your better off selling and then ordering the LE

#18 5 years ago

If its truly HUO, and in mint condition I can see him getting $7K+ for the game. There's enough purists out there that would probably take that deal. What really hurts the value in my opinion is the classic version, which is priced at $6K.

#31 5 years ago

I guy locally just put up an ad on Craigslist trying to sell his so called "mint" Monster Bash with color dmd (no pics in the Ad).... he's asking $8K....If its indeed is mint (which I doubt) he might get close to $8K, but he has a color dmd..my guess is closer to $7K

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate to quibble but it’s really $6800 - add tax/shipping and the color which nobody is going to not get.

True if u have to pay tax...$300 will be the shipping costs....

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So $6700.
That’s a lot more than the $6000 I keep seeing.

yea but his doesn't have color so $6300 is the real number unless u pick it up in person

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Operators care about tax and shipping.
Minimum $6300.
I can do this all night
(Also I gotta say I’ve NEVER seen a remake on location that wasn’t color. Maybe you have. Probably a dozen is my sample size. Would the op at arcade legacy cheap out on the color?)

I agree $6300 delivered is basically the bare minimum (and $8300 for the LE)...in my mind its crazy for anyone to pay more than that for 20+ year old machine unless its been completely restored. If its been restored and has color I think the market is in the $7K range (unless its a HEP)...although in my mind the remake LE seems to offer far more than anything the original can offer (mainly due to the large color HD display)....its kind of a game changer on MB

#49 5 years ago

Nobody likes paying taxes or shipping costs....

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from gpa_joe:

Not quite sure why an original owner HUO with 5k plays would need to be restored so I’ll keep talking.
http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-keep-talking-worse.jpg
[quoted image]

The question is whether or not your so called HUO MB with 5K plays is worth the price of a brand new MBRLE ($8300 with shipping)....the answer is you would have to throw in a lot of cash to make that deal. The actual amount really depends on condition, and I find it hard to believe a game with 5K plays is in mint condition or in the same condition as a brand new classic that you can pick up for $6K (+shipping).....if your game is really HUO, and is in "mint" condition its probably worth $6000-$7K (only because there are always people out there that are purists and want the original).... not anywhere close to the the $8300....sucks, but people with the original MB have just took a big hit in value....

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How much for this one price police? (Has a ColorDMD not shown)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the black trim on your TZ

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How much for this one price police? (Has a ColorDMD not shown)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to say, but it sure is nice was it restored? If so than easily $7K+ ... I just don't know why anyone would pay more than what you can get a brand new SE? I had an original restored AFM and then purchased the AFMRLE and the improvements were really a big upgrade (sound, big color screen, animated topper, lighting, etc..). That being said I totally get why some people are only interested in the originals. I think our very nice TZ's will only go up in value over time as there is probably zero chance they will ever be remade.

#84 5 years ago

The original implied topic was whether or not a undocumented, stock, HUO MB was worth the price of a NIB MBRLE ($8300)....although I readily agree that having an original MB thats actually HUO is probably pretty rare, and certainly has great value (although its hard to tell without seeing detailed pics as its all about condition). I just can't get my head around seeing $8300 value for this game when you get a brand new one with all the bells and whistles. I still think its a $6-7K game as there are people out there that only want the originals.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In my opinion a stock original nice HUO MB is still worth more than a top of the line remake.
I also think right now is probably the worst time to try to sell one.

I agree the timing is horrible, but I think finding a buyer at that price is going to be a big challenge....he would be better off waiting a couple years

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It's not and he wont have to wait nearly that long. IMHO

anything is possible....although Id be surprised if a 20 year old machine that is bone stock with no upgrades is worth $8300....the only way to know is list the game is see where the chips fall

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-testing-the-water?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.