Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

57592908-693A-401F-8AE1-6E092EA4181F (resized).jpeg
53D05246-346D-4CC3-B473-88661C2A3CED (resized).jpeg
F6D4D0F3-511C-47FD-83F3-62DC92238C16 (resized).jpeg
4344B11F-601E-4997-9CB6-B3847315AF8A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
04BC426C-832E-4A91-A80C-601F204ACC83 (resized).jpeg

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I have a HUO MB. Would anyone have interest in a even swap for a MBR LE ?

Full disclosure still not convinced I want to make that trade but leaning heavily in that direction.

#2 5 years ago

You may have to add cash to that deal.

#3 5 years ago

I don't know if anyone will take you up on that trade. The people who are buying the MBr are going to get an NIB pinball machine that has several upgrades an HUO or even beautifully restored MB just isn't gonna have, like the color changing GI, the upgraded display, and also the topper and nice looking armor with that sweet lockdown bar if the LE is selected. Unfortunately, the original MB isn't going to have any of those upgrades, and I don't think you're going to find any takers because of it. I own an original MB that I restored/refurbished myself, so I'm no original MB hater by any means, but this is just how I see it. Good luck though, on whatever you decide.

#4 5 years ago

I’d just sell your game then buy a MBr.

That being said, I bet most distributors would take your game in on trade. Doubt you get what you could selling it though.

#5 5 years ago

Doubt you’d find a straight up trade...

I know with AFM you would have to add money.
MM probably an even trade.
IMO of course.

#6 5 years ago

Good luck.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I don't know if anyone will take you up on that trade. The people who are buying the MBr are going to get an NIB pinball machine that has several upgrades a HUO or even beautifully restored MB just isn't gonna have, like the color changing GI, the upgraded display, and also the topper and nice looking armor with that sweet lockdown bar if the LE is selected. Unfortunately, the original MB isn't going to have any of those upgrades, and I don't think you're going to find any takers because of it. I own an original MB that I restored/refurbished myself, so I'm no original MB hater by any means, but this is just how I see it. Good luck though, on whatever you decide.

In all the MB I like that custom ‘planked’ one the best.
That playfield with the modern bells and whistles would be the best of both worlds.

04BC426C-832E-4A91-A80C-601F204ACC83 (resized).jpeg04BC426C-832E-4A91-A80C-601F204ACC83 (resized).jpeg
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

In all the MB I like that custom ‘planked’ one the best.
That playfield with the modern bells and whistles would be the best of both worlds.

Indeed. The wood planked art is awesome.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from gpa_joe:

I have a HUO MB. Would anyone have interest in a even swap for a MBR LE ?
Full disclosure still not convinced I want to make that trade but leaning heavily in that direction.

Any interest in a trade for a WOZ 75th RR? And I'm local.

#10 5 years ago

I think you would be better off selling the MB and then buying a MBr. Distributors are in the business of making money so they are going to offer you substantially less than your MB is worth.

While I like the originals, they did add quite a few new features to the MBr (hence the reason you are thinking of switching), so it’s going to be a tough market (similar to AFM). I know because I recently sold my high end restored MB.

#11 5 years ago

I have no idea why someone would take you up on this. If they are a B/W purist, they aren’t going to be buying a MBr. Just sell it. Or wait. In a few months it won’t really matter anyway. It’s the same game!

#12 5 years ago

The water is cold.

#13 5 years ago

Maybe you can get $7000. I doubt $8000+ is possible.

#14 5 years ago

NIB means something, HUO 20 year old game doesn't. Without pictures, description, or any information this doesn't really mean much.

#15 5 years ago

I get there are purists out there that want the original, but the remakes are well built, have many big improvement, and of course "New"... in my opinion you would have to add quite a bit of cash to the deal...your better off selling and then ordering the LE

#16 5 years ago

With the price point of the standard edition, I dont think even 7k is obtainable. I believe that MB original will likely sit around the 6 - 6.5k mark.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe you can get $7000. I doubt $8000+ is possible.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

NIB means something, HUO 20 year old game doesn't. Without pictures, description, or any information this doesn't really mean much.

Oh, come on. Using HUO in this context implies almost perfect.

He isn't trying to sell it yet. He simply wants to know if an almost perfect, HUO MB might be worth what a MBr LE goes for.

If it turned out to be dirty or otherwise compromised, then of course that will enter into the equation.

I do doubt anyone would buy a new LE just to trade it for an original, though.

#18 5 years ago

If its truly HUO, and in mint condition I can see him getting $7K+ for the game. There's enough purists out there that would probably take that deal. What really hurts the value in my opinion is the classic version, which is priced at $6K.

#19 5 years ago

Wow. Two years ago you couldn't find any MB listed for less than 10k. I love these remakes.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The water is cold.

Yep - prepare for shrinkage. (resale value in this case)

#21 5 years ago

Not a chance someone would take that deal. Why would they buy the remake to just trade it for a 20 yr old version they could have bought in the first place?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

With the price point of the standard edition, I dont think even 7k is obtainable. I believe that MB original will likely sit around the 6 - 6.5k mark.

I think more like $5000-$5500 for average condition. For super clean HUO I can see $7000. Condition still factors in.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What really hurts the value in my opinion is the classic version, which is priced at $6K.

Agree 100%. Plus the classic can be upgraded to the HD dots. Originals will take a big hit.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Agree 100%. Plus the classic can be upgraded to the HD dots. Originals will take a big hit.

Does the classic come with the big DMD, just not in color?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does the classic come with the big DMD, just not in color?

No. Standard size DMD

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think more like $5000-$5500 for average condition. For super clean HUO I can see $7000. Condition still factors in.

I agree - I see a range of 4k (player condition) to 10k (HEP) for the originals now with 5k being the average price as you stated.

#27 5 years ago

Timing is everything...

#28 5 years ago

I wasn’t expecting a dealer to bite. I guess I could have worded original post differently. Like I said I’m not even sure I want to pull the trigger. I have had a fair amount of interest from this post and I get interest doesn’t equal a deal. No doubt these remakes are fantastic. Lots of folks still like the originals though.

Thanks for the input

#29 5 years ago

Nobody is gonna take that deal.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:Any interest in a trade for a WOZ 75th RR? And I'm local.

Thanks for the offer Turtle but I really don’t want to get into multiple transactions

#31 5 years ago

I guy locally just put up an ad on Craigslist trying to sell his so called "mint" Monster Bash with color dmd (no pics in the Ad).... he's asking $8K....If its indeed is mint (which I doubt) he might get close to $8K, but he has a color dmd..my guess is closer to $7K

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I agree - I see a range of 4k (player condition) to 10k (HEP) for the originals now with 5k being the average price as you stated.

That’s a joke.

You won’t see monster bash in any shape for $4K unless there’s a massive economic collapse across the board.

In which case we’ll all be eating each other and Pinball won’t really be a priority.

Where are you guys getting these fantasy low prices from? This did NOT happen on AFM. Average still around $6500 so I don’t see why you see rarer Monster Bash originals going for $4-5K.

Anybody want a no hassle sale on a monster bash at $5k? Give me a call deal will be done in 10 minutes.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If its truly HUO, and in mint condition I can see him getting $7K+ for the game. There's enough purists out there that would probably take that deal. What really hurts the value in my opinion is the classic version, which is priced at $6K.

I hate to quibble but it’s really $6800 for the cheapest remake - add tax/shipping and the color which nobody is going to not get.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In which case we’ll all be eating each other and Pinball won’t really be a priority.

Pinball cannibal apocalypse!
An everyday occurrence on Pinside, not a bad idea for a unlicensed theme!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate to quibble but it’s really $6800 for the cheapest remake - add tax/shipping and the color which nobody is going to not get.

MBr CE $6000
Ship $300
Color. $400

$6700 all in

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

MBr CE $6000
Ship $300
Color. $400
$6700 all in

So $6700.

That’s a lot more than the $6000 I keep seeing.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So $6700.

I’m sure a distro would let you pick it up. You want a 6k MBr, I’m sure you can find one.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate to quibble but it’s really $6800 - add tax/shipping and the color which nobody is going to not get.

True if u have to pay tax...$300 will be the shipping costs....

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So $6700.

yea but his doesn't have color so $6300 is the real number unless u pick it up in person

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh, come on. Using HUO in this context implies almost perfect.

I'll let you know when I give shit what you think someone's implication is.
Pinside is full of postings with people thinking their games are completely flawless.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m sure a distro would let you pick it up. You want a 6k MBr, I’m sure you can find one.

If you pick up you pay sales tax. That’s a lot, as much or more as shipping. also add $$ for color. (Nobody will not get color.)

There’s no $6k MBRs. Minimum is $6300 and you have to get color which every single buyer will do.

So $6700 like established already.

Not trying to be a pain in the ass but people need to stop throwing out $6k.

The real cost of cheapest MBR is $6700.

The real cost of cheapest AFMr is $6700.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you pick up you pay sales tax. That’s a lot, as much or more as shipping. also add $$ for color. (Nobody will not get color.)
There’s no $6k MBRs. Minimum is $6300 and you have to get color which every single buyer will do.
So $6700 like established already.
Not trying to be a pain in the ass but people need to stop throwing out $6k.
The real cost of cheapest MBR is $6700.
The real cost of cheapest AFMr is $6700.

I don’t think operators care about color.

If you want a 6k MBr you can get one. Haha

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:That’s a joke.
You won’t see monster bash in any shape for $4K unless there’s a massive economic collapse across the board.
Where are you guys getting these fantasy low prices from? This did NOT happen on AFM. Average still around $6500 so I don’t see why you see rarer Monster Bash originals going for $4-5K.
Anybody want a no hassle sale on a monster bash at $5k? Give me a call deal will be done in 10 minutes.

Not a joke. Let’s take a typical find from an operators warehouse:

Decals wrinkled and lots of scratches/gouges on cabinet

Extensive drac track wear, scoop wear and maybe a little pop bumper wear

Sloppy mechs throughout due to wear

Flippers barely working if at all

Dmd burn in

Some board work needed

So, what you are saying is that a player who is only interested in playing the game will pay $6500 for this as opposed to a brand new MBr classic for $6300 shipped? Not a chance.

So, someone that does the board work, changes over the playfield, rebuilds the flippers and re-decals is going to have $1500 in parts and $1000 in labor. Are they going to pay $6500 and have $9000 in it (without the ColorDMD) vs paying $8300 for a MBrLE? Probably not.

That leaves us with the HEP crowd - a full $10k restore on top of the $6500 purchase price? I doubt it.

I just sold a chromed out, color dmd, modfather painted figures, silly old elf decal high end Keller restored MB for $9k - and that was *BEFORE* the MBr reveal. I honestly doubt I could get $9k now - there was just no interest.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think operators care about color.
If you want a 6k MBr you can get one. Haha

Operators care about tax and shipping.

Minimum $6300.

I can do this all night

(Also I gotta say I’ve NEVER seen a remake on location that wasn’t color. Maybe you have. Probably a dozen is my sample size. Would the op at arcade legacy cheap out on the color?)

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not a joke. Let’s take a typical find from an operators warehouse:
Decals wrinkled and lots of scratches/gouges on cabinet
Extensive drac track wear, scoop wear and maybe a little pop bumper wear
Sloppy mechs throughout due to wear
Flippers barely working if at all
Dmd burn in
Some board work needed
So, what you are saying is that a player who is only interested in playing the game will pay $6500 for this as opposed to a brand new MBr classic for $6300 shipped? Not a chance.
So, someone that does the board work, changes over the playfield, rebuilds the flippers and re-decals is going to have $1500 in parts and $1000 in labor. Are they going to pay $6500 and have $9000 in it (without the ColorDMD) vs paying $8300 for a MBrLE? Probably not.
That leaves us with the HEP crowd - a full $10k restore on top of the $6500 purchase price? I doubt it.
I just sold a chromed out, color dmd, modfather painted figures, silly old elf decal high end Keller restored MB for $9k - and that was *BEFORE* the MBr reveal. I honestly doubt I could get $9k now - there was just no interest.

Until you can find me a $4K monster bash it’s a joke.

You are dreaming bro.

All of the mystical “beater” MBs you are fantasizing about were bought and restored a decade ago. They don’t exist. Neither do any original monster bash at below 6K.

Prove me wrong. Silly hypothetical anectodes about operator warehouse finds that don’t exist doesn’t count.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Minimum $6300.
I can do this all night
(Also I gotta say I’ve NEVER seen a remake on location that wasn’t color. Maybe you have. Probably a dozen is my sample size. Would the op at arcade legacy cheap out on the color?)

I agree $6300 delivered is basically the bare minimum (and $8300 for the LE)...in my mind its crazy for anyone to pay more than that for 20+ year old machine unless its been completely restored. If its been restored and has color I think the market is in the $7K range (unless its a HEP)...although in my mind the remake LE seems to offer far more than anything the original can offer (mainly due to the large color HD display)....its kind of a game changer on MB

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Until you can find me a $4K monster bash it’s a joke.
You are dreaming bro.
All of the mystical “beater” MBs you are fantasizing about were bought and restored a decade ago. They don’t exist.

Sure they do - just maybe not where you live.

No worries though - you have your opinion, I have mine. All good man.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree. That’s why they don’t pay it if they can avoid it. Haha

#49 5 years ago

Nobody likes paying taxes or shipping costs....

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:I agree $6300 delivered is basically the bare minimum (and $8300 for the LE)...in my mind its crazy for anyone to pay more than that for 20+ year old machine unless its been completely restored

Not quite sure why an original owner HUO with 5k plays would need to be restored so I’ll keep talking.

http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-keep-talking-worse.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-testing-the-water?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.