Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

57592908-693A-401F-8AE1-6E092EA4181F (resized).jpeg
53D05246-346D-4CC3-B473-88661C2A3CED (resized).jpeg
F6D4D0F3-511C-47FD-83F3-62DC92238C16 (resized).jpeg
4344B11F-601E-4997-9CB6-B3847315AF8A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
04BC426C-832E-4A91-A80C-601F204ACC83 (resized).jpeg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Right now, not a good time, just wait a bit and you will have plenty of takers. There is and always will be a unique market for a really nice original MB. I have seen plenty of AFMrLE in the secondary markets for $6800 and less. Remakes are just Remakes after all the hype. That's a fact.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Right now, not a good time, just wait a bit and you will have plenty of takers. There is and always will be a unique market for a really nice original MB. I have seen plenty of AFMrLE in the secondary markets for $6800 and less. Remakes are just Remakes after all the hype. That's a fact.

I’m confused. Why will he/she have plenty of takers if they wait a bit. I don’t see how anyone that bought a LE would ever want to trade it for a nice original.

#53 5 years ago

I dont see anyone spending more than 6.5k on an original, when you can buy a brand new/upgraded one for roughly the same price.
You will see so called “purists” on here that will scream original is better/more valuable... but im betting thats b/c they have one in their basement.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from gpa_joe:

Not quite sure why an original owner HUO with 5k plays would need to be restored so I’ll keep talking.
http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-keep-talking-worse.jpg
[quoted image]

The question is whether or not your so called HUO MB with 5K plays is worth the price of a brand new MBRLE ($8300 with shipping)....the answer is you would have to throw in a lot of cash to make that deal. The actual amount really depends on condition, and I find it hard to believe a game with 5K plays is in mint condition or in the same condition as a brand new classic that you can pick up for $6K (+shipping).....if your game is really HUO, and is in "mint" condition its probably worth $6000-$7K (only because there are always people out there that are purists and want the original).... not anywhere close to the the $8300....sucks, but people with the original MB have just took a big hit in value....

#55 5 years ago

How much for this one price police? (Has a ColorDMD not shown)

4344B11F-601E-4997-9CB6-B3847315AF8A (resized).jpeg4344B11F-601E-4997-9CB6-B3847315AF8A (resized).jpeg53D05246-346D-4CC3-B473-88661C2A3CED (resized).jpeg53D05246-346D-4CC3-B473-88661C2A3CED (resized).jpeg57592908-693A-401F-8AE1-6E092EA4181F (resized).jpeg57592908-693A-401F-8AE1-6E092EA4181F (resized).jpegF6D4D0F3-511C-47FD-83F3-62DC92238C16 (resized).jpegF6D4D0F3-511C-47FD-83F3-62DC92238C16 (resized).jpeg
#56 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll let you know when I give shit what you think someone's implication is.
Pinside is full of postings with people thinking their games are completely flawless.

Yeah, and I'll let you know when I give a shit whether you "give shit", TheFlaw.

This was no place for the tired "HUO doesn't mean anything" revelation which everyone knows. You weren't helping and you know it. His implication was clear.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the black trim on your TZ

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

$5999

#59 5 years ago

Agreed.
Look, if you have a monster bash and want to sell it for more than 6k, you’ve had at least the last 7 months heads up to do so. MBR has been the worst kept secret in pinball. Everyone knew it was coming.

Now the new kid is in town and he has dropped the value of your originals considerably.

#60 5 years ago

Haha, but what if I add the plasma balls?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I like the black trim on your TZ

Thanks! It’s hard to imagine the game without it now, complements it perfectly!

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Between 6 and 7 K for people that want an original-so it may take a bit longer to sell due to the remakes.

#63 5 years ago

Haha, TheFlaw, I see a Fukuverymuch coming soon..

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m confused. Why will he/she have plenty of takers if they wait a bit. I don’t see how anyone that bought a LE would ever want to trade it for a nice original.

I did, and I know plenty of others that would around here. I have my own reasons that I will choose to keep to myself.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Haha, TheFlaw, I see a Fukuverymuch coming soon..

Oh I can't keep up with him, a magical wordsmith

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Between 6 and 7 K for people that want an original-so it may take a bit longer to sell due to the remakes.

Good thing I’m keeping it. This is a ground floor restore with a glass-clear Kruzman playfield. I’ll buy a bigger house before I sell it!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Sure they do - just maybe not where you live.
No worries though - you have your opinion, I have mine. All good man.

Your opinion is ridiculous and it’s not all good because you are talking out your ass.

Good day sir!!

Lol I knew he’d start on with the “not where you live” bullshit. Yeah ok. You live in a magical land of operators who don’t have the internet and are selling dozens of beater monster bash games for $4k. I’m just a country bumpkin who has been buying from operators for a decade and can’t possibly
Fathom the real truth of what’s going down behind the scenes. Sure thing buddy.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Beautiful pin. It is priceless to you. Nice work. Where did you get the Wolfman?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hard to say, but it sure is nice was it restored? If so than easily $7K+ ... I just don't know why anyone would pay more than what you can get a brand new SE? I had an original restored AFM and then purchased the AFMRLE and the improvements were really a big upgrade (sound, big color screen, animated topper, lighting, etc..). That being said I totally get why some people are only interested in the originals. I think our very nice TZ's will only go up in value over time as there is probably zero chance they will ever be remade.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you pick up you pay sales tax. That’s a lot, as much or more as shipping. also add $$ for color. (Nobody will not get color.)
There’s no $6k MBRs. Minimum is $6300 and you have to get color which every single buyer will do.
So $6700 like established already.
Not trying to be a pain in the ass but people need to stop throwing out $6k.
The real cost of cheapest MBR is $6700.
The real cost of cheapest AFMr is $6700.

No color DMD in any of my games so yes there are still people out there that don't need color. Also you're forgetting operators. You remember those people? well they are still out there and they are not putting color in there games.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your opinion is ridiculous and it’s not all good because you are talking out your ass.
Good day sir!!
Lol I knew he’d start on with the “not where you live” bullshit. Yeah ok. You live in a magical land of operators who don’t have the internet and are selling dozens of beater monster bash games for $4k. I’m just a country bumpkin who has been buying from operators for a decade and can’t possibly
Fathom the real truth of what’s going down behind the scenes. Sure thing buddy.

lol - I do live in the magical land of operators. I see two possible explanations:

1) My operator network is bigger than yours because I've been buying from operators for *two* decades

2) I'm simply better at buying games than you are

haha - I'm just razzin ya. Like I said - you have your opinion, I have mine - and probably neither of us are right or we are both right. I don't care.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

In all the MB I like that custom ‘planked’ one the best.
That playfield with the modern bells and whistles would be the best of both worlds.[quoted image]

You said PF planking I’m looking at the pics to see artwork damage. Then I figured out literal wood planks! Adoy.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No color DMD in any of my games so yes there are still people out there that don't need color. Also you're forgetting operators. You remember those people? well they are still out there and they are not putting color in there games.

Sweet Christ.

Ok. WE - the people here - are NOT operators. And those who dabble are hobby / op types who WILL buy the Color. Everybody in this thread, if they bought MBR, would get color.

I don’t know why people here are obsessed with saying MBR can be bought for $6000. I think it’s to convince everybody with an original their game is worthless now?

THE REAL COST FOR HOBBYISTS OF MBR STARTS AT $6700.

Yeah You can pretend it’s $6,000 but just like magical cave of $4,000 operator monster beaters, it’s simply not true and does not reflect reality.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I did, and I know plenty of others that would around here. I have my own reasons that I will choose to keep to myself.

Interesting. So you bought a remake LE with the intention of trading it for a nice original? Why not buy the original?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Interesting. So you bought a remake LE with the intention of trading it for a nice original? Why not buy the original?

No, I bought a remake to own a remake and decided that I didn't want to own a remake after all and traded for an original.

#76 5 years ago

First off "the law" = the flaw. Brilliant.

Second = 6k MB is def possible. Pick up, no tax, no color = 6k done. That combination is DEF possibility..... Leave it there.

To crazy's point though..... Who is getting this game when no color? No idea so I would think it's 6400 at the very least.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

No, I bought a remake to own a remake and decided that I didn't want to own a remake after all and traded for an original.

Wow. That’s surprising.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You said PF planking I’m looking at the pics to see artwork damage. Then I figured out literal wood planks! Adoy.

I couldn't find the "Planking" either!
At least until I saw your post.
I really like that !

#79 5 years ago

$4K Monster Bash beaters with wrinkled cab decals?

Bahahahaha... Those are over the place. I must not be networked enough.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

$4K Monster Bash beaters with wrinkled cab decals?
Bahahahaha... Those are over the place. I must not be networked enough.

Oh just not where YOU live man. You just aren't in the know and just don't understand pinball.

You see, there' are thousands of 75 year-old ops in the lowlands. They don't have the internet and think their old games are all worth $900.

All you need is a time machine to take you back to 2001. Because those ops are all dead now and their games long ago trashed or sold to collectors.

#81 5 years ago

I don't get selling a nice MB to get another nice MB. For a topper? If you really wanted to sell, I wouldn't listen to the pinside price police. They seem to love jumping all over prices and driving them down. Put out a trade offer and put a decent price on the game. Not everyone likes the remakes. Some are willing to pay for a nice original. It might take a while to sell but if it's nice, there will be interest. It might help to wait until the remake hype settles down.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh just not where YOU live man. You just aren't in the know and just don't understand pinball.
You see, there' are thousands of 75 year-old ops in the lowlands. They don't have the internet and think their old games are all worth $900.
All you need is a time machine to take you back to 2001. Because those ops are all dead now and their games long ago trashed or sold to collectors.

People that speak in absolutes humor me. Not every operator is dead (and when they do, their kids sell off the games). Not every good deal is gone. Just last month I bought a TAF for $1500 from an op. About 6 months before that, a friend bought BSD, FH, EATPM, NBAFB for $500 each from an ops wife/kids that inherited the games.

But that’s beside the point - we are talking the value of MB originals. If I came across a MB in the condition I described for $5k, it would be a pass for me and many others - but others might pay that.

I know you are smarter than arguing that the new bottom is $6k for an original MB in any condition - so $5k is the new bottom? And you got your panties in a wad because I said $4k? Who gives a flip - $4k is my bottom and $5k is yours - whoop de do.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But that’s beside the point - we are talking the value of MB originals. If I came across a MB in the condition I described for $5k, it would be a pass for me and many others - but others might pay that.

And THIS is my point.

You, good sir, are the one arguing in absolutes. "Monster bash beaters are now worth $4,000."

No, they aren't. That's a GRAND exception. We are talking going rates, and judging by what happened with AFM post-remake, the going rates for any decent Monster Bash original is STILL $6500. A beater IF YOU CAN FIND ONE (good luck with that) is maybe $5,000. When was the last time you saw an AFM in any condition publicly for sale for anywhere near $5,000? Exactly. So why are we supposed to believe MB will be any different?

The $4,000 monster bash isn't worth mentioning in this discussion, because for all intents, it doesn't exist. It's not readily available, and it doesn't affect general/market pricing. I just got a HUO TSPP for $3,000. I'd never bother mentioning that in a price discussion because it's completely irrelevant. Years ago I bought a CFTBL for $800 from an op, I wouldn't bother mentioning that either.

I appreciate that you think I'm smart, I'd like to think you are too. I'm pretty sure you understand exactly what I'm saying, and probably agree with it. Good luck on your future operator scavenge deals.

#84 5 years ago

The original implied topic was whether or not a undocumented, stock, HUO MB was worth the price of a NIB MBRLE ($8300)....although I readily agree that having an original MB thats actually HUO is probably pretty rare, and certainly has great value (although its hard to tell without seeing detailed pics as its all about condition). I just can't get my head around seeing $8300 value for this game when you get a brand new one with all the bells and whistles. I still think its a $6-7K game as there are people out there that only want the originals.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The original implied topic was whether or not a undocumented, stock, HUO MB was worth the price of a NIB MBRLE ($8300)....although I readily agree that having an original MB thats actually HUO is probably pretty rare, and certainly has great value (although its hard to tell without seeing detailed pics as its all about condition). I just can't get my head around seeing $8300 value for this game when you get a brand new one with all the bells and whistles. I still think its a $6-7K game as there are people out there that only want the originals.

In my opinion a stock original mint HUO MB is still worth more than a top of the line remake.

I also think right now is probably the worst time to try to sell one.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In my opinion a stock original nice HUO MB is still worth more than a top of the line remake.

I agree the timing is horrible, but I think finding a buyer at that price is going to be a big challenge....he would be better off waiting a couple years

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The fake blood looks stupid.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In which case we’ll all be eating each other and Pinball won’t really be a priority.

My bunker is already under construction. If this world ends, I'll still want to play Tron!

#89 5 years ago

Checked all my sources... still no Monster Bash games that on current popular average sell for $4K - TODAY.

However I found a cosmetically super nice Stern Meteor for $600 that needs boards and displays for another $600. After that I can sell it for $625.

Instead I can rework the power supply, driver, and sound board with myself. Sand the bottom of the cabinet, paint the transformer, buff every playfield metal, and spend hours adjusting every switch to make it play like butter. Get all new drop targets from Steve. Fix the crappy side rails, lockdown bar mechanism (I hate it when its rusty to hell). I'll pull it and put it on my vise and sand it 60 grit, 80, 120, 180, 220, 400, 600, then 1200 and finally wax it so it doesn't corrode. Should I rust remove the legs and repaint and clear them too, or let it be?

Maybe I'll put LEDs in it, that's for free... just like my labor.

Where are the $4K Monster Bash games... sounds cheaper than what I'm doing with Meteor (if you don't count labor - which seems like most people don't count).

I don't get pinball economics and claims of current price trends... I've been doing this for a couple decades... you'd think I'd be better at it.

Bah... you know me, I can't complain.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not a joke. Let’s take a typical find from an operators warehouse:
Decals wrinkled and lots of scratches/gouges on cabinet
Extensive drac track wear, scoop wear and maybe a little pop bumper wear
Sloppy mechs throughout due to wear
Flippers barely working if at all
Dmd burn in
Some board work needed
So, what you are saying is that a player who is only interested in playing the game will pay $6500 for this as opposed to a brand new MBr classic for $6300 shipped? Not a chance.
So, someone that does the board work, changes over the playfield, rebuilds the flippers and re-decals is going to have $1500 in parts and $1000 in labor. Are they going to pay $6500 and have $9000 in it (without the ColorDMD) vs paying $8300 for a MBrLE? Probably not.
That leaves us with the HEP crowd - a full $10k restore on top of the $6500 purchase price? I doubt it.
I just sold a chromed out, color dmd, modfather painted figures, silly old elf decal high end Keller restored MB for $9k - and that was *BEFORE* the MBr reveal. I honestly doubt I could get $9k now - there was just no interest.

Honest, descriptive & You have just gone through it personally...Simply can't ask for a better reply.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The original implied topic was whether or not a undocumented, stock, HUO MB was worth the price of a NIB MBRLE ($8300).

I sold mine a few months back for 12K Can. It was not HUO. It was restored. New decals, plastics, NOS PF cleared, Led's, colour DMD, mirror side blades. If I ordered an LE today it would cost me 11800K.

#92 5 years ago

If you get a 4k MB you've just scored a super massive huge deal. My buddy picked up a really nice 4.5ish MM lately, and we'll be talking aboot it for the rest of our lives. Sure as shit doesn't mean MMs are going for 4.5.

Quoted from lordloss:

God awfull.

#93 5 years ago

A guy had a nice MB posted on here about a week ago. Typical hole wear and crinkles by legs. Nice example overall and he was asking like $6300 knocked down to $6k. I am not in the market and I was damn tempted. It sold. New baseline? Who knows.

I sold prototype number 3 about a year ago that was in great shape for $8800. I sold it because talks of the remake and being worried prices were going to get pushed down.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree the timing is horrible, but I think finding a buyer at that price is going to be a big challenge....he would be better off waiting a couple years

It's not and he wont have to wait nearly that long. IMHO

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you get a 4k MB you've just scored a super massive huge deal. My buddy picked up a really nice 4.5ish MM lately, and we'll be talking aboot it for the rest of our lives. Sure as shit doesn't mean MMs are going for 4.5.

God awfull.

Damn 4.5 is CRAZY.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn 4.5 is CRAZY.

Lol. Yeah. Maybe where YOU live.

Here I got a whole network of 80-year old ops selling old beat up MMs for 1500 bucks! Get with the times man!

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It's not and he wont have to wait nearly that long. IMHO

anything is possible....although Id be surprised if a 20 year old machine that is bone stock with no upgrades is worth $8300....the only way to know is list the game is see where the chips fall

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its not fake blood its real the

Quoted from Vino:Pinball cannibal apocalypse!
has started 4k MB everywhere.

BTW Its a Documented HUO. That should bump the price to at least $4005.00

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In my opinion a stock original mint HUO MB is still worth more than a top of the line remake.

I actually agreed with this for MM - MMr was pretty much a clone of MM feature- wise. So, an original HUO MM was still preferable and would easily fetch $10k - about $2k over a MMrLE.

Then CGC got smarter and made AFMrLE an upgraded experience - reworked dots, 2x screen size, better sound, shaker, cool topper and more.

With MBrLE, they added even more features. It’s enough of a difference for current MB owners to jump on an MBrLE. And now the Classic MBr - the clone of MB, is $6k.

So, going by logic - this should put a nice HUO MB at $8k - about $4k lower than it was 2 years ago. If we take the price range from 2 years ago - about $8k to $14k and slop off $4k, we arrive at $4k to $10k - the range I initially mentioned.

Will we ever see a $4k MB on Pinside? probably not anytime soon...but we all know friend/op/CL prices are substantially lower than Pinside.

Another factor we have now is a lot of new titles saturating the market and putting further downward price pressure on all games across the board.

And I agree with your last statement - right now (and the next six months) is the absolute worst time to sell an original MB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-testing-the-water/page/2?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.