Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kennywawa
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've been playing a lot of Monster Bash recently and I wanted some opinions on stacking opportunities and how valuable that can be.

The reason I love this game is because of the risk/reward element of trying to stack Monster modes before starting multiballs. The hardest to achieve is the 6 ball stack which is starting all 6 monsters making sure Frankenstein is the last. The question I have is, is achieving this tricky stack actually rewarded with points? Would it actually be better to run 2 other modes with Frank and run the other 3 with Mosh Pit?

I suppose what I'm getting at, is there any points gain from having the maximum number of modes playing simultaneously rather than playing seperately or is it simply an advantage to play them with multiball running.

Similarly, I suspect it is much better to always play Monster Bash before collecting instruments so you get to play Monsters Of Rock as an additional multiball. Unless there is an advantage to collecting all instruments before starting Monster Bash so it immediately becomes Monsters Of Rock.

It seems to me that going for the ultimate 6 ball stack, collecting all instruments then starting Monsters Of Rock all in one go would be very impressive but may be not the best way to score points.

Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

It seems to me that going for the ultimate 6 ball stack, collecting all instruments then starting Monsters Of Rock all in one go would be very impressive but may be not the best way to score points.

That's pretty much my belief of it. I have yet to stack all 6, but I believe stacking two with frank, then a couple with mosh, then a couple (maybe repeat) with monster bash, but then leaving on to complete after bash to start MOR like you noted.

The big 6 stack is probably just more an accomplishment than anything.

#3 6 years ago

Yeah I guessed as much. It's shame because that kind of skill should be rewarded. Some kind of multiplier based on the number of simultaneous modes running would be good.

#4 6 years ago

the Monsters are really easier to complete and get your instrument awarded if they are stack with a multiball......that would have to be my reward.......But I only have achieved MOR 5 times in my life

#5 6 years ago

You have two multiball chances to set up Monsters of Rock before you light Monster Bash.

First chance is Mosh Pit if you set it up early. Then Frankenstein. After you've gotten those two then you move onto starting Monster Bash and completing the remaining instruments during Monster Bash.

You don't want to complete all instruments before you start Monster Bash. Rock before Bash is not worth it at all. You get a paltry amount of points. And if you start Monster Bash, you get the ball save for that, then if you start Monster of Rock during (or after) Bash you get an additional ballsaves.

Mosh Pit activates from the scoop so you're always in danger of accidentally activating it if land the ball there. I prefer to get a few monsters within a shot or two of being activated and then light Mosh Pit Multiball. Mosh Pit is great because it stops timers and has two add-a-ball features with lots of ball saver. Also if you are playing with Extra Balls enabled then you want those 12 shots through the center lane to light the Extra Ball award at the scoop.

Mummy is the easiest to complete when brought into a multiball as every ball put into play goes right from the shooter lane into the pop bumpers. You make a shot or two or use a monster bomb and this mode is rather easy to complete.

Dracula is another monster that is very safe to be completed in multiball. Any drains off of him can be ignored during the ball save. And during frenetic multiball play you'll often score random hits.

Bride for me is the hardest monster to get the instrument lit for by far. I usually need tons of monster bombs, luck, or a multiball mode. Getting Bride completed during singleball play is usually really difficult because the timer only stops when you hit the center lane. And the center lane doesn't actually progress the mode. So you have to chose between finishing Bride or trying to reset the timer. And even then you can only reset the timer three times and then it's really a race. This mode is a must to pull into Frank or Bash. Those Bride ramps are tough.

Creature is the easiest in single ball play if the return from the Creature scoop is consistent. I've seen lots of player just loop that shot over and over.

Wolfman can be dangerous when the ball goes through the entire orbit at lighting speed. Trying to get into control can be a chore. If you're a control player and the tilt isn't strict this mode isn't too bad to complete. But on a tougher machine or on an off day skill wise you might want to wait to activate this mode.

I usually start two or three modes, pull them into Mosh Pit, and then try to complete those modes. Then I start two or three more modes and then pull them into Frank and try to complete them. After that I start the last one or two modes and then start Monster Bash. While in Bash I try to start Monsters of Rock and come out of Rock cleanly with no Monsters or Instruments lit.

You get extra ball lights for:

- 12 mosh pit lane shots (and 30)
- lighting three monsters (can be repeated)
- random award from scoop

You get extra balls for:

- 60 million points
- collecting 'Special' (usually requires a multiball and luck)

#6 6 years ago

The way I do it is I always try to stack Frankenstein with Bride, since Bride is the hardest to complete by far since each ramp counts individually. Normally I will stack Mummy and Dracula with Frankenstein in the process as well, but those are pretty easy to complete on their own. Same thing with Wolfman. You usually hit so many orbit shots that you end up starting Wolfman multiple times anyway even if you don't complete him the first time. I save Creech for last and I don't worry about him since when he is the only thing left, the scoop will usually award you "Start Creature". Then you have Creature running and you can start Monster Bash to help complete it and then bust right into Monsters of Rock.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperTurbo:

Mosh Pit is great because it stops timers

All multiballs stop the timers for the modes while in play don't they? I believe so.

The hardest for me seems to be creature... I don't know what it is about that shot, but it seems like it should be so easy, as most typical short left locks are (Firepower, T2, NF, Taxi), but there is something strange about the design of this one that makes it a lot harder.

I watched the papa tutorial, and even Bowen noted about this shot can be easily backhanded, than tried a couple times to do it and couldn't in the vid. That's the way I feel, should be super easy from either side, but I find it not as straight forward as it appears.

It's a simple but tedious machine, one I did not expect to like when I bought it, but it's still here.

#8 6 years ago

great write up. I always go for creature and bride first. mummy, comes hand in hand with wolfy most the time, and drac gets lit from scoop or random hits. I always try to have at least bride or creature lit if I accidentally hit frank ramp for mb, because they are the 2 toughest to get instruments.

monsteeeeeeers of rock!

#9 6 years ago

Yes, it stops the timers during any mb.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

All multiballs stop the timers for the modes while in play don't they? I believe so.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The big 6 stack is probably just more an accomplishment than anything.

You get a 15 mil bonus if you have all monsters running when you start Frank.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yep. Should be 150 mil! That's how difficult it is.

RBB should be 100 mil.

I'd love to see the scoring more balanced for difficult achievements in a home rom one day!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Wow, that's it?? Yeah that does seem low, but the scoring is unbalanced and heavily geared to anything multiball.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Wow, that's it?? Yeah that does seem low, but the scoring is unbalanced and heavily geared to anything multiball.

I think the main reward is being able to complete the modes while the timer is off. I also agree with what someone stated above that its best to leave one monster running and get into bash then complete it during bash. Huge MOR scores are available if you can pull this off.

1 month later
#14 6 years ago

I think I have a lot of trouble getting good scores on this table because I try to get too greedy, and end up having some monsters time out before starting the multiball. I think I'm going to just concentrate on doing two at a time and go from there.

1 week later
#15 6 years ago

Good insight on stacking.

#16 6 years ago

MB kills me. I was one shot away from having the big 6 running, one shot to scoop for Drac and Mummy, then into an open Frank for multiball. Doh, was so excited I forgot all about Phantom Flip. Sent it right into Frank.

1 month later
#17 6 years ago

I remember back when I first played Bash and worked my ass off to stack all the monsters with the Frank MB. When I finally did it I came out of frank with all monsters and instruments lit. Skipped Bash and thought I was getting a massive score for doing so. All I could think about during that Rock multi ball was how many points I just missed out on from skipping Bash.

I want Drac, Bride and Mummy running during the MB. Wolf is easy and I usually have that completed going for the pops for Mummy. Bride I set up with one right ramp left. Shoot the side targets for Drac light once that's done. Open Frank. Shoot scoop. Hit right ramp. Start Frank MB. Drac and Bride are much easier to complete during MB. Mummy is essentially a gimme during MB. If everything goes right I come out of Frank MB with five creatures and Five instruments.

After Frank MB, I start Creature. If I have the other five instruments, I'll let creature time out before shooting Bash. Last thing I want is Rock to start during Bash, you miss out on so many points. I'll complete Creature if I missed one of the other Instruments.

After Bash, Rock is easy to get completing Creatures instrument.

Rinse and repeat a few times during the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside