(Topic ID: 205305)

Monster Bash reset woes

By joemagiera

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

My Monster Bash had been fully working, no problems at all. Then yesterday, every time the ball dropped into the mosh pit, the game reset. I thought it was random, but it happened every time, a total of 5 times in a row. It did not reset for any other condition.

Any thoughts or ideas anyone? (If you want to contact me directly, please do so by email. No pm's, they have been turned off).

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

My Monster Bash had been fully working, no problems at all. Then yesterday, every time the ball dropped into the mosh pit, the game reset. I thought it was random, but it happened every time, a total of 5 times in a row. It did not reset for any other condition.
Any thoughts or ideas anyone? (If you want to contact me directly, please do so by email. No pm's, they have been turned off).
Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

Sounds like you may have a crossed wire causing a short, or perhaps the transistor that handles that trough kick has gone bad. Check the power board for weirdness

#3 6 years ago

Deffinately sounds like short. Check for a broken wire or something touching where it shouldn't.

#4 6 years ago

I'd tackle it this way.

1. Game off, reseat all the connectors on the driver board and CPU and AV board. Turn game on and see if it still resets after a few games.

2. If it does, disconnect the coil in the scoop and try again. You'll need a magnet to pull the ball out of the scoop if it falls in.

3. If the game doesn't reset with the coil disconnected but does with it disconnected I'd look at the following. Coil, transistor and diode on the driver board.

I'd also check the 5V on the driver board and CPU during and between each of the steps above. It could be a failing component on the driver board as part of the 5V circuit.

#5 6 years ago

Ok, this is crazy, today, no resets. Went in the mosh pit at least 10 times over the course of a few games. Not a single reset. But sure seems like something is starting to fail/break down.

Thanks for the advice. If it happens again, I will try some of those things.

Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-reset-woes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.