BBA5249E-3A20-42AA-9FAA-5F68D4F960A8 (resized).jpeg
B46542C9-0E96-4517-990E-317E4CBD1AB9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212234 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212316 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212350 (resized).jpg
CB44B3CA-6D16-40B8-9175-94D970D78405 (resized).png
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

I didn't see a specific thread for Monster Bash Remake Tweaks and Fixes and since the main thread is 110 pages, I figured we needed a thread with just tweaks and fixes. If you've had some issues with your game, post it here and post the resolution. If I just don't know how to use the search function properly and this was already done, feel free to remove.

#2 4 years ago

sucks to have to have tweaks and fixes on a brand new game

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

sucks to have to have tweaks and fixes on a brand new game

Ever NIB game needs tweaks/fixes, EVERY game needs to be leveled correctly. Some NIB games need more tweaks and fixes but its a good assumption every game purchased needs some love.

#4 4 years ago

Mine seems to get the scoop sdtm from time to time. It isn't often but still sucks when your ball ends like that. I've ordered the spring washers and will report back once I see how it works. Others have had good luck. I also had a ball get stuck on left wire form. Are balls from right orbit supposed to go to left or right flipper? It seems like they come to left flipper pretty consistently, but also seems like thats happening due to hitting dracs feet.

#5 4 years ago

Only issue on mine is the balling going SDTM from the right orbit. Maybe it hits Drac's feet?

#6 4 years ago

I found that many of the non-scoop related SDTM issues have been mitigated by increasing pitch (a hair less than 6.8 seems to be going great) and slightly raising right side legs over left side (like 0.1 degrees).

Haven't tried the scoop fixes yet since it isn't too much a problem for me right now. Recommended fixes are spring washer (post #4916 in main club page) installed underneath and/or foam on side of scoop (post #4890 in main club page).

Turning flippers down to -5 or -6 has helped with scoop rejects and airballs. Still an issue for me though.

3 weeks later
#7 4 years ago

Mine has an issue with the ball getting stuck at the top of Creature From the Black Lagoon. When it goes up the lane and past the switch hole, sometimes it gets stuck up there.

#8 4 years ago

Pitched around 7.3 on mine and so far no sdtm scoop shots. I think I do bump dracs feet on the loop around but it lands on the flipper so doesnt bother me, should it miss the feet on a loop?

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

I received my Monster Bash Remake SE 10 days ago. It's beautiful, especially the quality of the silkscreened playfield, the colors are stunning. However it's getting dimples no less than a NIB Stern. I know that it will look better after a 500 plays because once the dimples are everywhere on the playfield it's less noticeable.

The only small issue I have is that the ball regularely drains straight to the middle after lightly touching Dracula's feet (about 1 out of 15 times). The game is set at 6.5° as recommended in the manual but I will increase to 7° to see if this have a positive effect. I would prefer to avoid to have to bend the brackets because it could also actually get worse or may cause other problems.

Does anyone have the same problem and how did you fix it ?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from aurelwap:

I received my Monster Bash Remake SE 10 days ago. It's beautiful, especially the quality of the silkscreened playfield, the colors are stunning. However it's getting dimples no less than a NIB Stern. I know that it will look better after a 500 plays because once the dimples are everywhere on the playfield it's less noticeable.
The only small issue I have is that the ball regularely drains straight to the middle after lightly touching Dracula's feet (about 1 out of 15 times). The game is set at 6.5° as recommended in the manual but I will increase to 7° to see if this have a positive effect. I would prefer to avoid to have to bend the brackets because it could also actually get worse or may cause other problems.
Does anyone have the same problem and how did you fix it ?

Yes. Adjusted the pitch and it went away.

#11 4 years ago

1) Increase pitch.
2) if that doesn’t work, make it slightly off level (right side legs a turn higher)

Mine is set at 6.7-6.8 and half a turn off level and drac feet issues are rare.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

1) Increase pitch.
2) if that doesn’t work, make it slightly off level (right side legs a turn higher)
Mine is set at 6.7-6.8 and half a turn off level and drac feet issues are rare.

And slightly bend the ball guide behind and to the right of Drac. bend it inward

2 months later
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And slightly bend the ball guide behind and to the right of Drac. bend it inward

pitch did not help mine, so wondering how easy it is to bend the ball guide, as it appears to be quite a snug fit on the playfield.??

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

pitch did not help mine, so wondering how easy it is to bend the ball guide, as it appears to be quite a snug fit on the playfield.??

Not that hard - wrap a screwdriver in a couple rounds of tape and use it as a lever to bend the guide. It doesn’t need much. Then make sure you test by rolling a ball both from the top of the orbit down and also where it might eject laterally from the pops.

You don’t need to bend it much, if you go too crazy you will eventually get drains from the guide pushing the ball too far to the center

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Best way is to remove the plastics and drac coffin to get at the screw to loosen it and raise it from up top. It is worth the effort as the guide is so close to the playfield you can scratch it or worse.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

How much out of plane from left to right did you make it? For me, just a half turn or so on the right leg levelers (to make right side higher) was enough to eliminate 75-90% of drac foot sdtm issues. It still hits his feet now and then but I can catch it on the flipper.

Can always slap save it as it goes ‘round too.

#17 4 years ago

Thanks everyone, I will give all of that some thought and work out which way to go. Appreciate it

11 months later
#18 3 years ago

Hey guys I'm having to crush.....i mean CRUSH frankie in order to get a hit on him in multiball... everything seems to be working fine.. switches are good... but maybe 1 out of 5 hits get a score (super jackpot)...

Is this a normal thing or am I just overthinking it. I can only get a hit off the right flipper at max flip and its still a 1 in 5... if you hit him on one foot you hear a noise but not the jackpot noise

#19 3 years ago

The switch behind Frank probably just needs to be adjusted. Over time it gets pushed back which slowly makes it harder and harder to make contact.

Mine has started to so the same again, so it's about time to open it back up and adjust. It's just a poorly designed part.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The switch behind Frank probably just needs to be adjusted.

Adjust this one.

LTG : )

DSC00209 (resized).JPGDSC00209 (resized).JPG
#21 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The switch behind Frank probably just needs to be adjusted. Over time it gets pushed back which slowly makes it harder and harder to make contact.
Mine has started to so the same again, so it's about time to open it back up and adjust. It's just a poorly designed part.

Is this just bending the wire form on the switch or is there more to it?

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakeski:

Is this just bending the wire form on the switch

Carefully. Not much. And don't effect where the flat blade on the arm pushes the tiny knob into the switch body.

1 week later
#23 3 years ago

Had a hard time finding the wave washers for the scoop sdtm problem. Found them locally at McMaster Carr.

CB44B3CA-6D16-40B8-9175-94D970D78405 (resized).pngCB44B3CA-6D16-40B8-9175-94D970D78405 (resized).png
#24 3 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Had a hard time finding the wave washers for the scoop sdtm problem. Found them locally at McMaster Carr.
[quoted image]

What size did you use?

Thanks for the information.

#25 3 years ago

The one highlighted M12.

1 week later
#26 3 years ago

I'm having an issue with the ball getting stuck past the creature feature eject? Anyone else dealt with this issue and have suggestions/solutions on a fix?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakeski:

Hey guys I'm having to crush.....i mean CRUSH frankie in order to get a hit on him in multiball... everything seems to be working fine.. switches are good... but maybe 1 out of 5 hits get a score (super jackpot)...
Is this a normal thing or am I just overthinking it. I can only get a hit off the right flipper at max flip and its still a 1 in 5... if you hit him on one foot you hear a noise but not the jackpot noise

Had the same issue, I could hit Frankenstein so hard that the ball would fly up and hit his head and still not get the switch to recognize the hit so I added this small 3/8" gasket (Home Depot window seal stuff) and haven't had a problem since. Have to hit him straight on and a solid hit but I never get robbed anymore.

IMG_20200621_212234 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212234 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212316 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212316 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212350 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212350 (resized).jpg
#28 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjust this one.
[quoted image]

That was what mine looked like. No way hitting the bottom of his feet is going to cause the top of Frankenstein back to hit that switch.

#29 3 years ago

Hi - I'm having an issue with drac on my MBr LE. I was getting a switch error on Drac position 3 on startup. I lifted the playfield and tested all optos which are working properly. I also ran the Drac test which worked fine with the playfield lifted. However when the playfield is set back down, it misses position 3 (sometimes) and 4 & 5 every time. It seems the flap is not quite hitting the optos in those positions. I made sure everything was tight but do notice a little bit of play in the motor where the arm is attached. Any suggestions on what to do here to ensure the flap is hitting the optos in all positions? Thank you in advance!

3 months later
#30 3 years ago

....Frank ramp not registering on the 1st pass through. Sometimes 2 or 3 times...MBr LE. Any ideas?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

....Frank ramp not registering on the 1st pass through. Sometimes 2 or 3 times...MBr LE. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Run a ball through there to see if the switch is being cleanly actuated.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Run a ball through there to see if the switch is being cleanly actuated.
--

I see 2 switches down that wire form. Which is it? Thanks in advance!

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I see 2 switches down that wire form. Which is it? Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same issue. I haven't taken the glass off but I'm assuming the switch right behind frank on the ramp is the culprit ..time to adjust it

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Tests - Switch Edge - roll a ball up there and see which registers on the screen and which don't.

Check if it's stuck closed or needs adjusting to be more sensitive. If adjusting is needed, loosen the screws a tiny bit and turn the body of the switch up or down as needed. Retighten the screws, not too tight you can bind the switch.

If the switch body won't move. Then the flat blade arm of the switch needs to be bent a little. Don't bend it over the switch body, bend it past that. So you don't effect the back part that pushes the tiny knob into the switch body. A tiny bit at a time. A tweak or two will do it.

#35 3 years ago

Hi everyone,
Ive got a NIB that needs a bit of loving. When Frankie's table lifts up Frankie's head actually catches on the glass and stops. Now I'm getting an error 84 switch error. Hope its an issue someone else has seen and fixed

Added over 3 years ago:

MB LE problems got worse, p flip error and missing balls error. it doesn't see the balls in the trough. It wont eject the balls either. I'm stuck.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from SitnBull:

Hi everyone,
Ive got a NIB that needs a bit of loving. When Frankie's table lifts up Frankie's head actually catches on the glass and stops. Now I'm getting an error 84 switch error. Hope its an issue someone else has seen and fixed

Switch 84 is Frank table up. Not working if he stops.

Check Frank if he came loose and is too high on the table. Or if you can loosen him and lower him.

#37 3 years ago

....adding a Real Knocker.....gotta have it!

B46542C9-0E96-4517-990E-317E4CBD1AB9 (resized).jpegB46542C9-0E96-4517-990E-317E4CBD1AB9 (resized).jpeg
#38 3 years ago

@gorgar666, can you post the parts needed and procedure?
I'd love to add one to mine too...
--

#39 3 years ago

Spooky kit on Pinball Life! Cut the diode off!!!

BBA5249E-3A20-42AA-9FAA-5F68D4F960A8 (resized).jpegBBA5249E-3A20-42AA-9FAA-5F68D4F960A8 (resized).jpegC4B8B7A6-188D-4FE1-ADD0-13392FA0B65F (resized).jpegC4B8B7A6-188D-4FE1-ADD0-13392FA0B65F (resized).jpegF214E960-2F3F-4DE9-A286-EB5F12CBAB9A (resized).jpegF214E960-2F3F-4DE9-A286-EB5F12CBAB9A (resized).jpegF978AED6-AF98-4F46-9149-8BB9E3B5CDAA (resized).jpegF978AED6-AF98-4F46-9149-8BB9E3B5CDAA (resized).jpegFBC4C2B6-32A0-46D8-96F5-567E45F86717 (resized).jpegFBC4C2B6-32A0-46D8-96F5-567E45F86717 (resized).jpeg
#40 3 years ago

Turn off fake knocker...

#41 3 years ago

Sweet!
--

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Sweet!
--

My Sterns next!

#43 3 years ago

@Gorgar666, Where do the brown and green wires attach to the board set?
Can you post a pic of where they connect?
--

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Gorgar666, Where do the brown and green wires attach to the board set?
Can you post a pic of where they connect?
--

Available labeled “Knock”connect on
the driver board. Fits perfectly. Molex lock tab perfect.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Quoted from Gorgar666:

Included wires reach perfect. Predrilled holes already there!

#46 3 years ago

Found it. Argh.

Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

CAC707A6-F206-4427-AFDA-282ED9A33693 (resized).jpegCAC707A6-F206-4427-AFDA-282ED9A33693 (resized).jpeg
#47 3 years ago

Even though I’ve turned off the shriek knock, when I won a game, no knock. Is there another setting?

Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Even though I’ve turned off the shriek knock, when I won a game, no knock. Is there another setting?

Turn it back on. See if you get a THUNK instead of a SHRIEK ?

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn it back on. See if you get a THUNK instead of a SHRIEK ?

Well Lloyd...it doesn't make a damn bit of sense, but turning the knock sound back on at A2.17 enables the REAL knocker to work. No Shreak. Weird.
Thanks for the help. I was beginning to feel like a newbie.
--

#50 3 years ago

Knocker sound “no” and cut out diode..if exists.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-tweaks-and-fixes?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.