BBA5249E-3A20-42AA-9FAA-5F68D4F960A8 (resized).jpeg
B46542C9-0E96-4517-990E-317E4CBD1AB9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212234 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212316 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212350 (resized).jpg
CB44B3CA-6D16-40B8-9175-94D970D78405 (resized).png
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Wait..there's a shriek knocker??

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Knocker sound “no” and cut out diode..if exists.

I hear what you are saying, but the physical knocker would not fire unless I set Knocker Sound to "on".
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not that I've heard on MB. Hmm...

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That is the name I gave to the ear splitting "twip" sound that late WPC-95 games used. I've hated it since I first heard it.
--

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No but Bride will shriek at you if you leave an un collected MB or MOR on the table as you drain your last ball

#56 3 years ago

I got excited for a moment. Now I'm disappoint.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Audio sound of a Knocker...actually pretty close to physical sound.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Even though I’ve turned off the shriek knock, when I won a game, no knock. Is there another setting?

Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

I originally forgot to cut off the diode. Blew a fuse! ....all good and knocking now!

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I originally forgot to cut off the diode. Blew a fuse! ....all good and knocking now!

I took your advice and had cut the diode prior to install. It works now, but only with the A2.17 set to yes.
With A2.17 set to no, I won games via score, HSTD, and special, and no knock, no twip.

Strangely, I set the match percentage to 50% and had to complete 8 games before it matched. Odds of that are 1 in 128, or black coming up 7 times in a row
before a red at the roulette table.

The knock isn't classic Bally/Williams "THWACK" loud, but way better than the twip. I'm going to experiment with different knocker assemblys.

I'm going to do my IronMan now (S.A.M. system) and will document both of these methods in the PinWiki.
--

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I'm going to experiment with different knocker assemblys.

Stronger coil will do it.

And which part of the cabinet you put the metal plate on and aim the knocker at.

LTG : )

#61 3 years ago

Man, I checked the switch to frank ramp. Everything looks fine. But super fast pass throughS don’t register frank to drop.... different subject. Glad you got it working. Mine is switched to off knocker.....

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I took your advice and had cut the diode prior to install. It works now, but only with the A2.17 set to yes.
With A2.17 set to no, I won games via score, HSTD, and special, and no knock, no twip.
Strangely, I set the match percentage to 50% and had to complete 8 games before it matched. Odds of that are 1 in 128, or black coming up 7 times in a row
before a red at the roulette table.
The knock isn't classic Bally/Williams "THWACK" loud, but way better than the twip. I'm going to experiment with different knocker assemblys.
I'm going to do my IronMan now (S.A.M. system) and will document both of these methods in the PinWiki.
--

Where is match perfect adjust? Thanks. I’m a do the same I want to hear the knocker more often. Lol 50%

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Where is match perfect adjust? Thanks. I’m a do the same I want to hear the knocker more often. Lol 50%

It should be under A1.19. Max percentage is 50% or I would have set it higher for testing.
--

1 month later
#64 3 years ago

Getting my NIB Mb SE next week. I’ll see if the scoop is a problem.

#65 3 years ago

When my MBRLE arrived, Creature was pinned against the underside of his lagoon glass/plastic. I adjusted the spring so he's not pinned against the glass. Now he dances around. Much better.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

When my MBRLE arrived, Creature was pinned against the underside of his lagoon glass/plastic. I adjusted the spring so he's not pinned against the glass. Now he dances around. Much better.

is he supposed to dance around? mine doesn't move...

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

is he supposed to dance around?

Wiggle. He's fastened to a flat piece of spring steel.

1 week later
#68 3 years ago

OK now my phantom flip isn’t working. Started with the left or not responding. Now the right one doesn’t work. When I collect the blue targets. Nothing. It works in Opto works in switch edge test....

#69 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a cheap color chip for my MBRce?

#70 3 years ago

I’m having a ton of issues with the left bride ramp. It gets 3/4 of the way up, and then just stops. Has anyone found an easy solve?

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Burls:

I’m having a ton of issues with the left bride ramp. It gets 3/4 of the way up, and then just stops. Has anyone found an easy solve?

I can't remember where I read it but George Gomez likes long ramps because it helps players. LTG probably knows--encyclopedias pinbalias.

That being said, I could stand to have a touch more to get up it. I have my flippers set to +1 and don't notice a difference.

#72 3 years ago

My issue seems to be more with the guide. It is a challenge when it’s going too fast it’s not an issue of speed or momentum it’s like the ball hits a squeeze, but it only happens every other time or so. Too fast it stops too slow it stops.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Burls:

My issue seems to be more with the guide. It is a challenge when it’s going too fast it’s not an issue of speed or momentum it’s like the ball hits a squeeze, but it only happens every other time or so. Too fast it stops too slow it stops.

There have been posts about taking the habitrail free and giving the curved wire form a tweaking... this tightens up the curve if you bend the return towards the left side of the machine. And opens it up if you tweek it to the right. Depends on how the ball is getting squeezed on which way to tweak it, but you are trying to match the curve of the cage to the curve of the stainless guide so the transition from one to the other is smooth. Mine required a tweek that made the shot available from right flipper, but it is narrow and tight and takes a solid shot to make it, which is how all the original MB’s I ever played shot, so now it matches my memory and it still makes it a bitch to complete Bride. I was only occasionally (read hardly ever) able to backhand a left Bride shot on OG MB, so it lines up with that now in my remake, shots to the left and right ramps are tight and tippy but you can get into the flow and hit them 1-2-3-4-5-6 which is what Gomez was looking for... a little Steve Ritchie magic in the ramps...

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

1) Increase pitch.
2) if that doesn’t work, make it slightly off level (right side legs a turn higher)
Mine is set at 6.7-6.8 and half a turn off level and drac feet issues are rare.

How are you guys reading this pitch? Electronic level or can you read the lines on the bubble in the game?

TIA,
Tom

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

How are you guys reading this pitch? Electronic level or can you read the lines on the bubble in the game?

I wouldn't trust the bubble.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone/index.html

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Burls:

I was having the same thing on mine and I made sure the wire form was tight under the play field and rolling the ball around I noticed it was hugging the outside wall and not smooth transfers to the wire form... I added a 1/8 plastic washer and raised it up some and now it makes a better transition..I would say 75%or better...still takes a decent shot but it's alot easier now

#77 3 years ago

Hey! Does MB have a ball save option like afm? The original game must not have had it original programmed like afm?
Thanks !

#78 3 years ago

MB certainly has a ball save option, though I don't know if it functions the same as AFM (as I don't own an AFM).

#79 3 years ago

On page 1-39 of the MB Remake manual under A.2 Feature adjustments, A.2 01 Ball Saves. You can program from zero to five ball saves per player.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

is he supposed to dance around? mine doesn't move...

Ohh I didn’t know that either.
So you are supposed to “loosen” him?

#81 3 years ago

Checked my “creature” tonight. It is also jammed up against the bottom of the playfield so it does not move at all. Should I bend it down?
Thanks!!

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Should I bend it down?

Free it up. Should wiggle on the metal it's hooked to.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Hi - I'm having an issue with drac on my MBr LE. I was getting a switch error on Drac position 3 on startup. I lifted the playfield and tested all optos which are working properly. I also ran the Drac test which worked fine with the playfield lifted. However when the playfield is set back down, it misses position 3 (sometimes) and 4 & 5 every time. It seems the flap is not quite hitting the optos in those positions. I made sure everything was tight but do notice a little bit of play in the motor where the arm is attached. Any suggestions on what to do here to ensure the flap is hitting the optos in all positions? Thank you in advance!

Having the same issue... did you ever figure it out?

My drac worked perfectly at first but then I had the switch error on position 3 on startup a few times, and I began to notice he no longer works correctly. Now the startup test doesn’t even recognize an error but my drac still does not come out of the coffin when his mode starts. He eventually comes out and goes to position 5 and then right back in the coffin. Drac test also just shows him moving from coffin to position 5 and the back to coffin.

I opened a ticket and CGC had me check all the connections on the bottom of the play field. I did and everything looks correct, no breaks in any wires or anything. Awaiting response from CGC.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Free it up. Should wiggle on the metal it's hooked to.

Mine did not move from the factory either. Just freed him up and do like the wiggle better!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

Mine did not move from the factory either. Just freed him up and do like the wiggle better!

Cool! So just bend it back until it doesn’t touch after you let it go?

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Cool! So just bend it back until it doesn’t touch after you let it go?

I just bent the metal piece he is attached to slightly. He was actually still touching when I lowered the playfield so I wasn’t sure if I did enough, but he does in fact wiggle now.

#87 3 years ago

Having the same issue... did you ever figure it out?
My drac worked perfectly at first but then I had the switch error on position 3 on startup a few times, and I began to notice he no longer works correctly. Now the startup test doesn’t even recognize an error but my drac still does not come out of the coffin when his mode starts. He eventually comes out and goes to position 5 and then right back in the coffin. Drac test also just shows him moving from coffin to position 5 and the back to coffin.
I opened a ticket and CGC had me check all the connections on the bottom of the play field. I did and everything looks correct, no breaks in any wires or anything. Awaiting response from CGC.

CGC had me test all of the Drac optos which seem to work fine. We think the issue is with the metal switch/post that Drac is attached to. It is slightly rubbing on the wood on the side of the c-shaped slot that Drac moves back and forth on. They are going to show me how to adjust the switch so that Drac sits in the middle of the slot again which will hopefully fix this issue.

EDIT: This fixed the issue! Game works perfectly again.

#88 3 years ago

CGC had me test all of the Drac optos which seem to work fine. We think the issue is with the metal switch/post that Drac is attached to. It is slightly rubbing on the wood on the side of the c-shaped slot that Drac moves back and forth on. They are going to show me how to adjust the switch so that Drac sits in the middle of the slot again which will hopefully fix this issue.
EDIT: This fixed the issue! Game works perfectly again.

Sweet!!!

#89 3 years ago

Mine ball gets stuck on the bride ramp about 30% of the time. And it requires glass removal to get it free. Try as I might I cannot find any interference or rough spots anywhere that would account for this problem. Its really beginning to piss me off. When the grandkids are playing I can never finish my game somewhere else because I have to keep going over to theirs and getting the ball unstuck.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Mine ball gets stuck on the bride ramp about 30% of the time.

Please take a picture and post it next time. Maybe someone will see something.

#91 3 years ago

Mine ball gets stuck on the bride ramp about 30% of the time. And it requires glass removal to get it free. Try as I might I cannot find any interference or rough spots anywhere that would account for this problem. Its really beginning to piss me off. When the grandkids are playing I can never finish my game somewhere else because I have to keep going over to theirs and getting the ball unstuck.

My advise is unattach the habitrail return and give it a tweek in the “open” direction, that is the counter clockwise (taking the return lane end to the right) direction so that you then have some spring that you now have to slowly pull the return end back to its mounting. I had to do this so that direct shots would make the ramp, and the 30% missed shots roll back down. If the ball hang gets worse, reverse the direction and tighten up the loop. Somewhere in there you can find an acceptable position. From my own experience, so I have been where you are right now.

1 week later
#92 3 years ago

Mine ball gets stuck on the bride ramp about 30% of the time. And it requires glass removal to get it free. Try as I might I cannot find any interference or rough spots anywhere that would account for this problem. Its really beginning to piss me off.

I was having the same problem with the right side bride wire form ramp and CGC advised me to bend the top wire down so it was closer to the middle wire, thereby making it more difficult for a ball to squeeze in between the two wires and get stuck. Had to remove the plastic cover and free the front end of the top wire from its post to squeeze it down but it did cut down on the frequency of stuck balls. Still occurs occasionally but the ball usually shakes free after the machine cycles through one ball search.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please take a picture and post it next time. Maybe someone will see something.

I was unable to get my phone to take a pic in a low enough resolution to attach and post. So finally out of frustration and considering the aforementioned fixes I simply used both hands to pull hard on the outer wireform in that area and a little bit above it until I had changed the bend and it worked! No matter how slow a ball goes not it does not get stuck.

Thanks for the advice guys.

#94 3 years ago

If the wire form you were having the issue with is like mine shown in the attachment , CGC recommends bending the top wire down, tightening the gap between the top and middle wires.

I was unable to get my phone to take a pic in a low enough resolution to attach and post. So finally out of frustration and considering the aforementioned fixes I simply used both hands to pull hard on the outer wireform in that area and a little bit above it until I had changed the bend and it worked! No matter how slow a ball goes not it does not get stuck.

D7561F02-5938-4FFF-8C55-221DE4D2E34B (resized).jpegD7561F02-5938-4FFF-8C55-221DE4D2E34B (resized).jpeg
#95 3 years ago

If the wire form you were having the issue with is like mine shown in the attachment , CGC recommends bending the top wire down, tightening the gap between the top and middle wires.

1 year later
#96 2 years ago

Just got my game last week, seems the 4th ball during Franks multi ball will not launch. Anyone have any ideas or is it not supposed to launch? There IS supposed to be 4 balls on the playfield during that correct? Sorry still learning the game but haven't gotten anything that launched all of them yet.

#97 2 years ago

The 4th ball is only used in Monster Bash mode, Monsters of Rock mode, and Monster Mosh Pit mode.

The "regular" Frank multi-ball is only 3 balls.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The 4th ball is only used in Monster Bash mode, Monsters of Rock mode, and Monster Mosh Pit mode.
The "regular" Frank multi-ball is only 3 balls.

Thank you!!!! It was driving me crazy. Glad I asked.

4 weeks later
#99 1 year ago

My drac doesn’t seem very sensitive. Sometimes I will hit him squarely and not have the game register a hit. Rarely can I collect his instrument. Any tips?

3 months later
#100 1 year ago

Start reading thread #18 above for some different approaches to improving Frankie’s sensitivity.
I found simply adjusting the wire “feeler” behind Frankie improved the hit percentage significantly. (I.e. pulling it out so it’s closer to Frankie).
The Home Depot insulator will work too, but then Frankie’s arm movements will be stuck in the down position when he stands up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-tweaks-and-fixes/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.