Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by mcfly
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

I didn't see a specific thread for Monster Bash Remake Tweaks and Fixes and since the main thread is 110 pages, I figured we needed a thread with just tweaks and fixes. If you've had some issues with your game, post it here and post the resolution. If I just don't know how to use the search function properly and this was already done, feel free to remove.

#2 5 months ago

sucks to have to have tweaks and fixes on a brand new game

#3 5 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

sucks to have to have tweaks and fixes on a brand new game

Ever NIB game needs tweaks/fixes, EVERY game needs to be leveled correctly. Some NIB games need more tweaks and fixes but its a good assumption every game purchased needs some love.

#4 5 months ago

Mine seems to get the scoop sdtm from time to time. It isn't often but still sucks when your ball ends like that. I've ordered the spring washers and will report back once I see how it works. Others have had good luck. I also had a ball get stuck on left wire form. Are balls from right orbit supposed to go to left or right flipper? It seems like they come to left flipper pretty consistently, but also seems like thats happening due to hitting dracs feet.

#5 5 months ago

Only issue on mine is the balling going SDTM from the right orbit. Maybe it hits Drac's feet?

#6 5 months ago

I found that many of the non-scoop related SDTM issues have been mitigated by increasing pitch (a hair less than 6.8 seems to be going great) and slightly raising right side legs over left side (like 0.1 degrees).

Haven't tried the scoop fixes yet since it isn't too much a problem for me right now. Recommended fixes are spring washer (post #4916 in main club page) installed underneath and/or foam on side of scoop (post #4890 in main club page).

Turning flippers down to -5 or -6 has helped with scoop rejects and airballs. Still an issue for me though.

3 weeks later
#7 4 months ago

Mine has an issue with the ball getting stuck at the top of Creature From the Black Lagoon. When it goes up the lane and past the switch hole, sometimes it gets stuck up there.

#8 4 months ago

Pitched around 7.3 on mine and so far no sdtm scoop shots. I think I do bump dracs feet on the loop around but it lands on the flipper so doesnt bother me, should it miss the feet on a loop?

1 week later
#9 3 months ago

I received my Monster Bash Remake SE 10 days ago. It's beautiful, especially the quality of the silkscreened playfield, the colors are stunning. However it's getting dimples no less than a NIB Stern. I know that it will look better after a 500 plays because once the dimples are everywhere on the playfield it's less noticeable.

The only small issue I have is that the ball regularely drains straight to the middle after lightly touching Dracula's feet (about 1 out of 15 times). The game is set at 6.5° as recommended in the manual but I will increase to 7° to see if this have a positive effect. I would prefer to avoid to have to bend the brackets because it could also actually get worse or may cause other problems.

Does anyone have the same problem and how did you fix it ?

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from aurelwap:

I received my Monster Bash Remake SE 10 days ago. It's beautiful, especially the quality of the silkscreened playfield, the colors are stunning. However it's getting dimples no less than a NIB Stern. I know that it will look better after a 500 plays because once the dimples are everywhere on the playfield it's less noticeable.
The only small issue I have is that the ball regularely drains straight to the middle after lightly touching Dracula's feet (about 1 out of 15 times). The game is set at 6.5° as recommended in the manual but I will increase to 7° to see if this have a positive effect. I would prefer to avoid to have to bend the brackets because it could also actually get worse or may cause other problems.
Does anyone have the same problem and how did you fix it ?

Yes. Adjusted the pitch and it went away.

#11 3 months ago

1) Increase pitch.
2) if that doesn’t work, make it slightly off level (right side legs a turn higher)

Mine is set at 6.7-6.8 and half a turn off level and drac feet issues are rare.

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

1) Increase pitch.
2) if that doesn’t work, make it slightly off level (right side legs a turn higher)
Mine is set at 6.7-6.8 and half a turn off level and drac feet issues are rare.

And slightly bend the ball guide behind and to the right of Drac. bend it inward

2 months later
#13 49 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And slightly bend the ball guide behind and to the right of Drac. bend it inward

pitch did not help mine, so wondering how easy it is to bend the ball guide, as it appears to be quite a snug fit on the playfield.??

#14 49 days ago
Quoted from mcfly:

pitch did not help mine, so wondering how easy it is to bend the ball guide, as it appears to be quite a snug fit on the playfield.??

Not that hard - wrap a screwdriver in a couple rounds of tape and use it as a lever to bend the guide. It doesn’t need much. Then make sure you test by rolling a ball both from the top of the orbit down and also where it might eject laterally from the pops.

You don’t need to bend it much, if you go too crazy you will eventually get drains from the guide pushing the ball too far to the center

#15 49 days ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Best way is to remove the plastics and drac coffin to get at the screw to loosen it and raise it from up top. It is worth the effort as the guide is so close to the playfield you can scratch it or worse.

#16 49 days ago
Quoted from mcfly:

How much out of plane from left to right did you make it? For me, just a half turn or so on the right leg levelers (to make right side higher) was enough to eliminate 75-90% of drac foot sdtm issues. It still hits his feet now and then but I can catch it on the flipper.

Can always slap save it as it goes ‘round too.

#17 48 days ago

Thanks everyone, I will give all of that some thought and work out which way to go. Appreciate it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saukville, WI
$ 29.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside