(Topic ID: 196437)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Updates! NEW INFO!

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would You like to see Monster Bash as Game #3 for CGC”

• YES 173 votes
    73%
  • NO 51 votes
    22%
  • I will buy the game but I don't want to participate in this poll! 12 votes
    5%

(236 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180825_125633 (resized).jpg
074C4753-103E-4EDE-AF87-E6A959B0DF0B (resized).jpeg
MB High Score 17 (resized).jpg
IMG_5236 (resized).jpg
IMG_5239 (resized).jpg
willis (resized).jpg
monster_bash_bg (resized).jpg
monsterbash_logo_1_1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Sure, so would I. I am all for a remake of the game, but the comment was more about the title of the thread and it doing harm to someone out there that may have a real deal pending.

I don't think there were any collectors here that were "butt hurt" and saying the game shouldn't be remade. Most of us would love to see it happen. The comments are about the way the thread was started...the game is a whole different conversation.

I'd be concerned since it will bring the value down for me!! Love this game, although I have to walk away from it every so often and play something deeper, which is why I have TZ and TH.

#37 6 years ago

Maybe they could remake TBL

2 months later
#40 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I am just waiting and hoping so badly this gets a remake. I am a huge fan of pinball and a huge fan of universal monsters. I would say I spend 80% of my virtual pinball playing on Monster Bash. I have never spent more than $2,000 on a pinball machine though. This would by far be the biggest pinball purchase I ever made. This is why I have yet to buy a used one and am just waiting and hoping they do remake. Will be a dream of mine of it happens.

Save your pennies - the remake is going to be $$$ pricey...

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

$7999 is MMR not AFMr. I bet they get that price point for the standard.

For the most part, the big startup costs will be the forms for the play field toys (WAY more than MMr), motors and mechs for Dracula and Frank, and licensing. The ramps are all wire form and PF plastics are simple to make.

2 weeks later
#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think this is a good reason for why MB will be the next one.

I don’t get it? CC is an amazing game, therefore MB is next?

1 week later
#76 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I have been through this a few times. You have to secure licensing if the monster characters have the LIKENESS of Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, etc. MANY companies make Frankenstein, Dracula, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, etc stuff without looking exactly like the actors.
PS: Monster Bash monsters do not look like the actors....

I thought universal also had ownership of the Jack Pierce makeups?

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's why all the monsters were changed on The Monster Squad.....
Good movie, by the way....

Fred Dekker, good guy (whoever that other guy was who wrote the script ain’t too bad either!). One of my all-time faves, still holds up!!

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Farsight Studios added monster bash to their pinball Arcade game. They had mentioned in a post somewhere that it was inexpensive for universal to license that theme to them to be remade. All the expensive ones they've acquired required a kick starter to fund. I think pps will be okay.

I figured the expense for CGC would be more related to creating the molds for the figures

#102 6 years ago

I haven't played much of an actual CC (and none of CCC I don't think) but the game has always stood out to me as a real looker - playing it on pinball arcade is definitely fun though. MB I don't find fun on pinball arcade-
Much rather play the real thing . It's not super deep but it plays well and you can get some serious flow going, lots of "one more game" in my house

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Surprised about ToM. I would have figured ToTAN and CV would be more likely as they fetch more $$$.

I’d be in for ToM if it’s in the 6k range - otherwise the game isn’t a keeper after you get through the modes a few times. It IS fun, but I know it wouldn’t get played too much after the initial honeymoon phase

#113 6 years ago

King Kong!!

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Is there a chance that CC and BBB codes could be polished (not only fixing bug) if you remade them?
Thanks

I believe CGC did say they would be able to do something like this , but specifically said it would not include the existing CC Continued code

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Ehh. Not a huge fan of that game.

Just going along with the “remake the rare ones!!!” Tone we’ve taken on here. Never played it although I love the theme!

2 months later
#142 6 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Archived after 4 days 500 views Not sold
Machine - For Sale
Pirates of the Caribbean 4700ArchivedFully shopped/refurbished “This just a beautiful game .

I have over invested over 700 dollars worth of upgrades into this pirates .

My tastefully modded Pirates of the Caribbean is in need of a new home.
...”
2018-02-16 Colts Neck , NJ 4,700 (OBO)
spikelou2

I was about to plunk down the 10,000 to buy a mb ..so glad I read this post and found out the the remake is about to come out ..can’t wait to spend 7200 on a brand new upgraded machine ..

7200? Where did that number come from?

5 months later
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Much like MM and AFM - theme, humor, features, artwork; audio, dots, lighting, and layout. All are well integrated in a high quality package that results in fun gameplay.

It couldn’t be more different than TZ, very fast fan layout, fairly easy shots - simpler than TZ to be sure, but fun as hell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.