(Topic ID: 196437)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Updates! NEW INFO!

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would You like to see Monster Bash as Game #3 for CGC”

• YES 173 votes
    73%
  • NO 51 votes
    22%
  • I will buy the game but I don't want to participate in this poll! 12 votes
    5%

(236 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180825_125633 (resized).jpg
074C4753-103E-4EDE-AF87-E6A959B0DF0B (resized).jpeg
MB High Score 17 (resized).jpg
IMG_5236 (resized).jpg
IMG_5239 (resized).jpg
willis (resized).jpg
monster_bash_bg (resized).jpg
monsterbash_logo_1_1 (resized).png
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

Ready for smash hit number 3. After great success from MMR and AFMR we are all now ready for game #3 Monster Bash Remake by Chicago Gaming Company! We all know the build quality on these games (Superb) so that will be a no brainer. However I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to see what they will do with the Limited Edition model. What will the interactive topper look like? How cool is that new widescreen DMD going to look like when showing off DRAC ATTACK? Great music Great Humor And now it will be a Great company remaking this amazing title. Planetary Pinball and Chicago Gaming Company! The best partners since Batman & Robin / Peanut Butter & Jelly you get the point. Hurry up and make this title and We ALL will buy this game.

Questions;
What do you think the best part of the remake will be?
What would you like to see done on the Limited Edition?

monsterbash_logo_1_1 (resized).pngmonsterbash_logo_1_1 (resized).png
monster_bash_bg (resized).jpgmonster_bash_bg (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

You realize you are going to start a ton of crap with this post and the way it is worded.......this is just a wish on your part and people are going to take it as fact.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

You realize you are going to start a ton of crap with this post and the way it is worded.......this is just a wish on your part and people are going to take it as fact.

+1 - I am waiting patiently for MB to be remade and agree with Manimal

#4 6 years ago

MBr would be awesome with all the modern enhancements! Can you imagine this game with a large display and hi-resolution color dots?

#5 6 years ago

Come on guys this is an innocent post for people who are big fans of both Planetary and CGC. Lots of rumors are out there that this will be the next BIG title. As a owner of both MMR and AFMR I'm here to say what I would like to see done if this title is made. Trust me eyes are watching and great companies do value customers opinions. This is all in good fun Stop taking things so serious! If you have something you would like to see done if they made this title please let all of us know.

Thank You.

#6 6 years ago

We would all like for MB to be remade, and there is nothing wrong with discussing that possibility. The problem with the post is you are leading folks to believe it has already been announced, and that can do harm to people who are trying to sell their originals...i.e. I will wait for the remake....or maybe someone won't buy that MMr coming off the line because they were told MB is due any day. We have enough rumors and craziness on the forums, and I don't think trying to tame mis-information is being "so serious" as you put it. I joke around as much as the next guy, and I have a lot of hope for this pin, but nothing is a fact until the #3 game is announced, and they are just getting ramped up on #2.

#7 6 years ago

Attention Game #3 has not been announced if you have not read this in my initial post or you did not see the poll (Would you like to see Monster Bash be Made) This is another disclaimer. I repeat this game has not been announced but the rumor mill is high. If you have an original Monster Bash that is great at least you people are enjoying the game as we speak. Not trying to devaluate any previous game or shy away anyone from buying games that are being produced today. Like I said I do own both remakes from CGC and I absolutely love them. That is the main reason for this post. Huge fan of their products. And I would like others to voice their opinion so ALL can see how much interest this remake has and what features they would like to see implemented in a special edition or LE version.

Thank You

#8 6 years ago

Man! You got my all excited for nothing, I was ready to put down my deposit. Thanks a lot!

#9 6 years ago

I think we all are what would you like to see implemented?

#10 6 years ago

Thread title edited for clarity.

#12 6 years ago

If MBr is the next release by PP\CGC, they have already implemented the design and are testing it already. So any hope for implementation of a feature is either in or not at this point.

#13 6 years ago

Crazy how the people who have the biggest problem with my post are people who do not donate to pinside. Some people really enjoy sucking the fun out of everything. #troublemakers The silent majority will rise up one of these days.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Crazy how the people who have the biggest problem with my post are people who do not donate to pinside. Some people really enjoy sucking the fun out of everything. #troublemakers The silent majority will rise up one of these days.

I donated to Pinside and had a problem with your title. When I first saw it I got really excited and thought they had actually announced the game. It wasn't until I opened your thread that I realized this wasn't fact but another speculation/opinion/wish thread and with that came disappointment. You can't lead people on with a clickbait title and expect them not to be upset.

#15 6 years ago

I donate often, a lot.
We already have this thread 3 times over, a 4th..just not needed. Nothing to do with sucking the fun out of anything.
As you know, maybe not, speculation can be harmful on pinside. Not everyone reads every post.

#16 6 years ago

Monster Bash is the most obvious candidate, being the last in the AMF/MM/MB 'holy triumvirate', but there's one thing to bear in mind: Monster Bash was a licensed game, the other two were not. I don't think the license acquisition would make a huge amount of difference here in terms of difficulty or money, but it may do if - as has been speculated elsewhere - the intended game three turns out to be Addams Family instead. Farsight couldn't get hold of Christopher Lloyd's likeness for their Pinball Arcade version, and while that wasn't a dealbreaker there, such an omission could potentially kill the collectability of a physical remake, if it stops it from feeling 'authentic' enough to the original for some buyers.

#17 6 years ago

100%

#18 6 years ago

I am in!!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

The problem with your original thread title ("Monster Bash Remake. This Game is Scary Good! Chicago Gaming Company") and opening post was that it was somewhat misleading and sounded like you were announcing news that a MB remake was released.

When I first saw it, I thought that's what it was. Instead, it was just another speculation thread that seemed to be disguised as actual news (intentional or not), and that's why people were downvoting you.

#20 6 years ago

I thought MB and CC were the remaining two remakes? I've been hearing people say that for like a year now probably. I thought it was pretty much a done deal already? Anyways, I don't see anything the reason for all the down votes to the OP's post but sign me up, I'm in!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

We would all like for MB to be remade, and there is nothing wrong with discussing that possibility. The problem with the post is you are leading folks to believe it has already been announced, and that can do harm to people who are trying to sell their originals...i.e. I will wait for the remake....or maybe someone won't buy that MMr coming off the line because they were told MB is due any day. We have enough rumors and craziness on the forums, and I don't think trying to tame mis-information is being "so serious" as you put it. I joke around as much as the next guy, and I have a lot of hope for this pin, but nothing is a fact until the #3 game is announced, and they are just getting ramped up on #2.

So maybe there machines are valued to high or they paid to much. I take a MB Remake all day $7999.00

#22 6 years ago

I think the main thing that gets collectors butt hurt is that if it is made they will not be part of that "elite" club anymore.

It's this attitude that pisses me off about pinball.
Just be happy that more people get to enjoy a game. Not pissed that "anyone can own one"

Why buy an original when you could get NIB with more features for less $.

The MMR owner thread became a shit show. Afmr not so much. But it has its moments.

But wait till MBr hits.

And I agree CGC and planetary are hitting it out of the park on build and playfield quality.

#23 6 years ago

Unfortunately its not as good of a game as mm and especially afm no matter what enhasments they add. The game has a good theme ,great lightshow and good animations but the gameplay is no where near as good as other potential remakes imo. Im guessing the pricetag will be 8500 -9k also . Id much rather see rarer more expensive pins like kp, bbb or cc because u rarely get a chance to see or play those. Had all 3 afm, mm and mb recently .... sold mb and i dont miss it at all .

#24 6 years ago

I am waiting for IJr.

#25 6 years ago

I would be in on an MBr in a heartbeat. Through the last several years I've owned two original AFM's and two weeks ago received an AFMr and was more than pleased with the build quality. The topper/lighting/display are killer, so if they up the ante on an MB I can only imagine some of the possibilities. Owning an original MB in the past makes me think about the potentials. Hopefully this comes to fruition and happens soon.
Originally was against the remakes also and was hoping that the titles would be BBBr, CCr, or KPr first, but I've owned originals and once I received my MMr and AFMr my thought process changed on this.
For the price of a new remake you get a beater original with things breaking and a full time job servicing the damn thing. My family likes playing these games and so do I, so bring on the MBr with a crazy topper that has a swimming/moving creature or a Frankenstein that has glowing eyes and bolts sticking out of his neck. Sounds good to me.

#26 6 years ago

Hopefully at least one version of MBr will have the playfield image of a compact disc removed.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Hopefully at least one version of MBr will have the playfield image of a compact disc removed.

They're gonna go back to a vinyl record.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Hah, that's my one complaint w/MB's art. Maybe they can replace with a smartph... Ohh, wait. Maybe not.

#29 6 years ago

I never left vinyl. Have other mediums too, but vinyl is and always will be king. Should have been a record on the playfield and not a CD from the get go. Even today's children know what a record is.

MBr would be cool but CCr or BBBr should be first. High demand for exceedingly rare titles and new or enhanced toys/code per original designers wishes = top sellers.

Originals are always best to me. Kind of like original antique slot machines versus remakes but its awesome remakes are being made so everyone can have them if they want them. Every household needs a pinball machine.

#30 6 years ago

How does MB's BOM compare to AFM and MM?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

How does MB's BOM compare to AFM and MM?

MM = MB, MB > AFM (For classic version remakes)

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So maybe there machines are valued to high or they paid to much. I take a MB Remake all day $7999.00

Sure, so would I. I am all for a remake of the game, but the comment was more about the title of the thread and it doing harm to someone out there that may have a real deal pending.

Quoted from erak:

I think the main thing that gets collectors butt hurt is that if it is made they will not be part of that "elite" club anymore.
It's this attitude that pisses me off about pinball.
Just be happy that more people get to enjoy a game. Not pissed that "anyone can own one"
Why buy an original when you could get NIB with more features for less $.
The MMR owner thread became a shit show. Afmr not so much. But it has its moments.
But wait till MBr hits.
And I agree CGC and planetary are hitting it out of the park on build and playfield quality.

I don't think there were any collectors here that were "butt hurt" and saying the game shouldn't be remade. Most of us would love to see it happen. The comments are about the way the thread was started...the game is a whole different conversation.

#33 6 years ago

Big Bang Bar??

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Sure, so would I. I am all for a remake of the game, but the comment was more about the title of the thread and it doing harm to someone out there that may have a real deal pending.

I don't think there were any collectors here that were "butt hurt" and saying the game shouldn't be remade. Most of us would love to see it happen. The comments are about the way the thread was started...the game is a whole different conversation.

I'd be concerned since it will bring the value down for me!! Love this game, although I have to walk away from it every so often and play something deeper, which is why I have TZ and TH.

#35 6 years ago

It's time for one if the "rare" / crazy expensive games to be remade. Kingpin or BBB.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Big Bang Bar??

Gotta admit, I'd be tempted. BBB is a fun game, not super deep tho. I'm thinking it's gonna be Cactus Canyon.

It's rare and expensive so they can ask alot. No licensing fees. And while there is the lame software issues, my feeling is they'd pay someone to finish it CCC style and then sell it as an upgrade like the color display rom. Basically, brilliant.

#37 6 years ago

Maybe they could remake TBL

1 month later
#38 6 years ago

I can almost guarantee Cactus Canyon is next as it's very much the highest believable speculation, and I've heard from some in the industry it's gonna be next in line like many of you. I agree with some comments above, especially since I've worked on games that are licensed and have seen the process... that it may be very difficult to quickly remake a game like Monster Bash without snags/mula. But yes, if they did do this game I'd have to give planetary a high five for making it possible.

1 month later
#39 6 years ago

I am just waiting and hoping so badly this gets a remake. I am a huge fan of pinball and a huge fan of universal monsters. I would say I spend 80% of my virtual pinball playing on Monster Bash. I have never spent more than $2,000 on a pinball machine though. This would by far be the biggest pinball purchase I ever made. This is why I have yet to buy a used one and am just waiting and hoping they do remake. Will be a dream of mine of it happens.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I am just waiting and hoping so badly this gets a remake. I am a huge fan of pinball and a huge fan of universal monsters. I would say I spend 80% of my virtual pinball playing on Monster Bash. I have never spent more than $2,000 on a pinball machine though. This would by far be the biggest pinball purchase I ever made. This is why I have yet to buy a used one and am just waiting and hoping they do remake. Will be a dream of mine of it happens.

Save your pennies - the remake is going to be $$$ pricey...

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Some great prices on nice modded originals now....

#42 6 years ago

I keep hearing that whatever the next game is, it will be announced in March. Why March? Is that the month they announced the previous two games? Just wondering.

#43 6 years ago

Darn it man, I was all excited when I saw this post, and I'm just crushed lol

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

I keep hearing that whatever the next game is, it will be announced in March. Why March? Is that the month they announced the previous two games? Just wondering.

TPF is in March, and it's quickly becoming the show in the country

#45 6 years ago

I'm so glad this ridiculously stupid thread was resurrected! I was able to sift through all the bs, and found a really interesting homebrew thread.

#46 6 years ago

I honestly think that everyone needs to chill the hell out !! It's just pinball folks !!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I honestly think that everyone needs to chill the hell out !! It's just pinball folks !!

It is Pinside Pinball where dreams come true!! And sometimes get crushed! LOL.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

willis (resized).jpgwillis (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

I think they need to be careful with the price of this one. I think a fare amount of people will pass on it if it's too much more than AFM. Including myself.

#50 6 years ago

Can someone re-post the pricing again? I don't do Facebook

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.