(Topic ID: 196437)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Updates! NEW INFO!

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would You like to see Monster Bash as Game #3 for CGC”

• YES 173 votes
    73%
  • NO 51 votes
    22%
  • I will buy the game but I don't want to participate in this poll! 12 votes
    5%

(236 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180825_125633 (resized).jpg
074C4753-103E-4EDE-AF87-E6A959B0DF0B (resized).jpeg
MB High Score 17 (resized).jpg
IMG_5236 (resized).jpg
IMG_5239 (resized).jpg
willis (resized).jpg
monster_bash_bg (resized).jpg
monsterbash_logo_1_1 (resized).png
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

toys are lame and the ramps are boring. I owned a stunning HEP restoration and couldn't justify keeping it. The theme also did nothing for me.
MB would be a much safer choice for CGC. AFM/MB/MM are popular because they are engaging games with cool original themes. As I said before, CC is sought after because it's rare. If they start churning them out, it's no longer rare. OTOH, if they rework the game/rules, I could change my tune.
snaroff

Not sure I totally agree with you here. Invited a local Pinsider over to my house to check out my AFMrLE because he was considering buying one. He noticed I had a CC (with Continued) and wanted to play it because he had never played one. We played a couple of games. He was hooked! He really forgot about AFM. He loved the theme and when Cowboys and Aliens came on.... Oh Boy! So Its really opinionated on how good the theme is and the game play. The other thing I like about it is the flipper sounds (im a flipper sounds nut) That game must produce a thousand flipper sounds from a dozen games (with continued). Just like to bump that flipper button when I pass by it!

#102 6 years ago

I haven't played much of an actual CC (and none of CCC I don't think) but the game has always stood out to me as a real looker - playing it on pinball arcade is definitely fun though. MB I don't find fun on pinball arcade-
Much rather play the real thing . It's not super deep but it plays well and you can get some serious flow going, lots of "one more game" in my house

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Not sure I totally agree with you here. Invited a local Pinsider over to my house to check out my AFMrLE because he was considering buying one. He noticed I had a CC (with Continued) and wanted to play it because he had never played one. We played a couple of games. He was hooked! He really forgot about AFM. He loved the theme and when Cowboys and Aliens came on.... Oh Boy! So Its really opinionated on how good the theme is and the game play. The other thing I like about it is the flipper sounds (im a flipper sounds nut) That game must produce a thousand flipper sounds from a dozen games (with continued). Just like to bump that flipper button when I pass by it!

I hear you. Don't get me wrong, I had friends go ga-ga over mine. The first time my son and I played Cowboys and Aliens, we were freaking out! CCC is clearly "cool" and if I had the space & motivation for a larger collection, I'd still own mine. The problem is it's hard to justify keeping games that don't get played much. To be totally upfront, the other reason I sold mine was in anticipation of a potential remake. HEP restorations don't fare well once the title is being remade I still kept my HEP AFM since it gets played.

snaroff

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... a little clarification ... we have at least 7 (MM, AFM, and at least 5 more) remakes coming, all are products of Chicago Gaming, and licensed thru Planetary Pinball. PPS is in constant contact with CGC on the games in development, we provide the approvals, as well as the blueprints, some parts, and review feature sets/pricing. But in general, the games are Chicago Gaming product (product support, warranty, etc), and of course we spend alot of time feeding them with input, highlighting any issues, etc - all to try to make the best game possible. PPS also happens to be one if not the largest remake game distributor. What I can tell you is that in the list of likely remakes are CC, MB, TOM, BBB ... that list may change as other games become more interesting to add in based on desirability, etc. We also have the source code for these games, so any deficiencies in the original code could be addressed with a couple of different approaches. Each game is getting new core features (like the Large Color display in AFMR) that will be incorporated into future releases, and game #3 will have additional features as well.
We are really happy with the progress on game #3 and we think people will be happy with the end result. More on this when it is time, which is not too far away!
rick

BBB!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!!

#105 6 years ago

Surprised about ToM. I would have figured ToTAN and CV would be more likely as they fetch more $$$.

#106 6 years ago

Mark me down for a BBB

#107 6 years ago

From that list I am interested in BBB too

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

From that list I am interested in BBB too

Thirded. And can we get a better resolution translite???

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Surprised about ToM. I would have figured ToTAN and CV would be more likely as they fetch more $$$.

I’d be in for ToM if it’s in the 6k range - otherwise the game isn’t a keeper after you get through the modes a few times. It IS fun, but I know it wouldn’t get played too much after the initial honeymoon phase

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

He noticed I had a CC (with Continued) and wanted to play it because he had never played one. We played a couple of games. He was hooked!

ha doesn't that happen with most games really?

CC or CCC def get a little old. It's still a classic but so are a lot of other games that I wouldn't buy.
I can just imagine all the complaining aboot the shootout targets.
"WTF why does the ball stop so much it totally kills the flow...can I turn them off somewhere?!?"

#111 6 years ago

Drop TOM and add Kingpin...

#112 6 years ago

Sign me up for BBB, CCC maybe

#113 6 years ago

King Kong!!

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... a little clarification ... we have at least 7 (MM, AFM, and at least 5 more) remakes coming, all are products of Chicago Gaming, and licensed thru Planetary Pinball. PPS is in constant contact with CGC on the games in development, we provide the approvals, as well as the blueprints, some parts, and review feature sets/pricing. But in general, the games are Chicago Gaming product (product support, warranty, etc), and of course we spend alot of time feeding them with input, highlighting any issues, etc - all to try to make the best game possible. PPS also happens to be one if not the largest remake game distributor. What I can tell you is that in the list of likely remakes are CC, MB, TOM, BBB ... that list may change as other games become more interesting to add in based on desirability, etc. We also have the source code for these games, so any deficiencies in the original code could be addressed with a couple of different approaches. Each game is getting new core features (like the Large Color display in AFMR) that will be incorporated into future releases, and game #3 will have additional features as well.
We are really happy with the progress on game #3 and we think people will be happy with the end result. More on this when it is time, which is not too far away!
rick

Hi,
Is there a chance that CC and BBB codes could be polished (not only fixing bug) if you remade them?
Thanks

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Is there a chance that CC and BBB codes could be polished (not only fixing bug) if you remade them?
Thanks

I believe CGC did say they would be able to do something like this , but specifically said it would not include the existing CC Continued code

#116 6 years ago

Hi,
Thanks

This would be the closest thing we'd see since the 2.0 games( totan or cv, fh) and submit your list of bug fixes threads .

#117 6 years ago

Ehh. Not a huge fan of that game.

#118 6 years ago

Mark Ritchie's Kingpin would be an awesome remake

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Ehh. Not a huge fan of that game.

Just going along with the “remake the rare ones!!!” Tone we’ve taken on here. Never played it although I love the theme!

#120 6 years ago

As for code updates for any remakes, sure, it can be done, will depend on the specific game and the specific issues, and what approach to fix them or make them better and improve the overall game. We've compiled game code, so this is not a super big deal (i'm sure it's more of a big deal to make changes and ensure that it doesn't break something else), but that is all within Chicago Gaming role to figure out what it takes to make a great remake.

rick

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

As for code updates for any remakes, sure, it can be done, will depend on the specific game and the specific issues, and what approach to fix them or make them better and improve the overall game. We've compiled game code, so this is not a super big deal (i'm sure it's more of a big deal to make changes and ensure that it doesn't break something else), but that is all within Chicago Gaming role to figure out what it takes to make a great remake.
rick

Funhouse 2.0 would be hard to resist.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just going along with the “remake the rare ones!!!” Tone we’ve taken on here. Never played it although I love the theme!

True. It’s a good looking game. Wasn’t crazy about the game play tho.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

I was thinking about BBB.
I owned this game 18 months ago and I always thought this game had a fantastic atmosphere, a great theme, a solid layout but the rules of each modes were weak in my opinion, no wizard mode..

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Well from what I have been told, by very trustworthy people in Chicagoland pinball market, although the announcement hasn't been made yet, MM is officially the next one.

My bad, I meant MB, but yes, from what I have been told, this is officially next. And also, thank you Rick for keeping us updated.

#125 6 years ago

I think they should start making mm with the large display and upgraded dots if needed,I would like a mmr and have owned a few originals and am hoping this will happen,the large display and inproved dots on afmr is a game changer

#126 6 years ago

I was thinking about BBB.
I owned this game 18 months ago and I always thought this game had a fantastic atmosphere, a great theme, a solid layout but the rules of each modes were weak in my opinion, no wizard mode..

Perhaps one or two of the modes could be improved I agree. But as for wizard mode, there certainly is one when all modes and tasks are completed - it's called "Big Bang" and it very entertaining, especially the mood set to get started, and fun to keep the balls in play manually.

#127 6 years ago

Did Williams’ license from Universal Studios for Monster Bash allow it to make the game in perpetuity? I would have thought the license would have expired.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY OMG

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from vegemite_nick:

Perhaps one or two of the modes could be improved I agree. But as for wizard mode, there certainly is one when all modes and tasks are completed - it's called "Big Bang" and it very entertaining, especially the mood set to get started, and fun to keep the balls in play manually.

So I guess I missed to complete a mode each time. I thought you restart at the beginning
So Informations need to be clearer to know if mode is completed.
Good to know.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Wha Hoo. MB, CCC, BBB !!! I'm in! Clearly going to need to find a second job.

#131 6 years ago

Hmm wonder when #3 will be announced

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hmm wonder when #3 will be announced

Texas Pinball Festival 2018

LTG : )

#133 6 years ago

BBB with the AFMR HD display and enhanced graphics? You make sure to sign me up on that list. BBB is a grail pin I've been stupid enough to consider shelling 18k for. Please make it happen!

#134 6 years ago

it would be cool

3 weeks later
#135 6 years ago

Monster Bash is Coming.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Monster Bash is Coming.

What proof do you have?

#137 6 years ago

Proof is way over rated.

Let's run a pool. 25.00 buy in

March the next title from CGC will be announced. "monster bash" is what my gut says. I do not represent CGC or PP so I can't speak for them. As a owner of MMRLE and AFMRLE I will be gladly accepting this title into my collection.

Disclamer: "If or When it is remade"

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Monster Bash is Coming.

I hope you’re right!

2 weeks later
#139 6 years ago

So, hoping you are right!!!! I will be getting it as well when announced.

#140 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “This just a beautiful game . I have over invested over 700 dollars worth of upgrades into this pirates . My tastefully modded Pirates of the Caribbean is in need of a new home. ...”
2018-02-16
Colts Neck, NJ
4,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 500 times
I was about to plunk down the 10,000 to buy a mb ..so glad I read this post and found out the the remake is about to come out ..can’t wait to spend 7200 on a brand new upgraded machine ..

#141 6 years ago

And I wonder once the 3rd game comes out it will drive the price of the first two games down ..look what’s going hobbit .. price has come down

1 week later
#142 6 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Archived after 4 days 500 views Not sold
Machine - For Sale
Pirates of the Caribbean 4700ArchivedFully shopped/refurbished “This just a beautiful game .

I have over invested over 700 dollars worth of upgrades into this pirates .

My tastefully modded Pirates of the Caribbean is in need of a new home.
...”
2018-02-16 Colts Neck , NJ 4,700 (OBO)
spikelou2

I was about to plunk down the 10,000 to buy a mb ..so glad I read this post and found out the the remake is about to come out ..can’t wait to spend 7200 on a brand new upgraded machine ..

7200? Where did that number come from?

2 weeks later
#143 6 years ago

Don’t know if this has already been said, but MB is more in line with CGCs marketing strategy for MM & AFM, than CC is.
1. Top 5 pinside rated game
2. 1125 pinsiders have MB on their Wishlist vs 390 for CC.
3. MB had a production run of 3361, similar to MM & AFM. Only 903 CCs. CGC could sell 500+ MBr without affecting the price of old and remake machines. If they produce a similar number of CCr the price is likely to fall, alienating current CC owners.
Demand for CC is less and pricing strategy is tricky to avoid flooding market and driving down the price. Current CC owners are likely to be significant customers for CGC so I think they will want to keep them onside for as long as possible.
The flip side would be to do a very limited run of CCr. Maybe 100 to 200 pins.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

What proof do you have?

Delay due to LICENSING

#145 6 years ago

Pretty sure the license has been finalized a while ago. My guess is fit and finish of the redesigned toys and interactive topper integration. Upset about the delay because I have already made space for a new LE however really want a game that has no errors. Please hurry CGC!!!

#146 6 years ago

Love all of CGC remakes but I'm still saving and waiting for the Indiana Jones remake

One day...

#147 6 years ago

"Surprised about ToM. I would have figured ToTAN and CV would be more likely as they fetch more $$$."

I completely agree here. ToTAN and CV are two of the most gorgeous and addictive machines ever, not to mention games that possess sustaining allure. TOM is really a bore in short order. All three have some kinship in general theme yet ToTAN and CV are so much better in every sense.

BIG BANG BAR's imminent remake is truly reason to celebrate along with CACTUS CANYON.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Delay due to LICENSING

#3 Its Big Bang Bar.

2 months later
#149 5 years ago

Keeping the feed alive.
Monster Bash
Take my money cgc before I give it to stern for iron maiden.......
That is all

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Keeping the feed alive.
Monster Bash
Take my money cgc before I give it to stern for iron maiden.......
That is all

Get an IMDN now, and MB later. They’re both great pins, that will be available to buy for a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.