(Topic ID: 196437)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Updates! NEW INFO!

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would You like to see Monster Bash as Game #3 for CGC”

• YES 173 votes
    73%
  • NO 51 votes
    22%
  • I will buy the game but I don't want to participate in this poll! 12 votes
    5%

(236 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180825_125633 (resized).jpg
074C4753-103E-4EDE-AF87-E6A959B0DF0B (resized).jpeg
MB High Score 17 (resized).jpg
IMG_5236 (resized).jpg
IMG_5239 (resized).jpg
willis (resized).jpg
monster_bash_bg (resized).jpg
monsterbash_logo_1_1 (resized).png
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

Curious too regarding price. I bet we see it at $7999 with color.

#52 6 years ago

Just the speculation is making a lot of these go up for sale in good condition at prices that are falling. MB would have been $13k and rising without this remake speculation. Now it's $10k and falling which is wonderful and I hope it continues.

The best case scenario will be having to make the agonizing decision of whether to buy an original or the remake at about the same price. Some people love the hunt, but I really loath the hunt and downright hate the competition for these games. Having the cash is not enough. Too many things have to line up to score a game like this.

Picking up the phone, calling CGC and having it shipped to the house without fighting a bunch of other people for it might help me choose the remake, when I really would prefer an original.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I bet we see it at $7999 with color.

This would absolutely rock!

#54 6 years ago

This will be remade. Regardless, if it happens in March or whenever. The demand and rarity are there. However, if you think this will be 7999 with color or prices comparable to AFMr. Think again. This has a bill of material if not equal or slightly more than Medieval Madness. Also unlike the previous two titles and Cactus Canyon or Capcom games, Planetary has to negotiate licensing. I’m certain it’s not Uber expensive, but they are not going to eat all of the extra money it will take to get this to market at or below AFMr.

#55 6 years ago

This will be very interesting. With the platform being essentially finished, I can't see any reason for it to be more than MMr, licensing included.

I was pleasantly surprised at the pricing of the AFM remakes, as were a lot of people.
We will see how bad CGC wants to compete with Stern.

It will be fun to watch.

#56 6 years ago

I think it will be closer to MMr rather than AFMr. CGC is not interested in competing with Stern. Stern is more worried about losing more of the top end market sales of the SE\LE to CGC.

#57 6 years ago

$7999 is MMR not AFMr. I bet they get that price point for the standard. And they need be sub $8k to sell in volume and not just steal away sales from original MB.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

$7999 is MMR not AFMr. I bet they get that price point for the standard.

For the most part, the big startup costs will be the forms for the play field toys (WAY more than MMr), motors and mechs for Dracula and Frank, and licensing. The ramps are all wire form and PF plastics are simple to make.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

$7999 is MMR not AFMr. I bet they get that price point for the standard. And they need be sub $8k to sell in volume and not just steal away sales from original MB.

The standards made and sold have been lower than expected. This is from both MMr and AFMr. From what I’ve heard (rumors) most of the builds and sales have been into the special and limited editions of the remakes. I was explained, the color remade dmd of both to the topper of AFMr has really helped push those over standard editions. It will be amazing to see redone dots on MBr.

#60 6 years ago

Well I have considered paying $7,000 or even a little more for a 20 year old used one, so I would definitely be willing to pay $7,999 for a brand new one. Plus living in Chicagoland area I think would help my odds of landing one.

2 weeks later
#61 6 years ago

I would rather see an awesome new title. Would you buy a remade 57 Chevy or corvette? Or rather they create new legendary cars? Which they aren't.

I argue these points. Why remake an already legendary song? You'd prove yourself more if you took a turd and made it a hit. I'd rather see back to the future made into a collector worthy of the title and let others cherish the fact they have mb or mm original.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from leonml:

I would rather see Ann awesome new title.

I'd like to see pictures of Ann too. You got any ?

The original plan was remakes. The question was asked at IAAPA about doing a new title and the person was told it's on the white board. ( this from a previous post on Pinside )

So we may see a new title in the future along with the remakes or after the ones they planned. Also no idea if this would be a joint PPS/CGC effort, or CGC alone. Or if the plan is still one a year ?

They really stepped up the game with AFMR. So we have some exciting times ahead. Remake or new title.

LTG : )

#63 6 years ago

I can’t wait to see remake #3 revealed at TPF in March. I bet CGC will continue to raise the bar, as they did with AFMr

#64 6 years ago

I think if they did CC but with a finished code it would be a hit. That game has a great theme and it’s a shame it was never finished.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwizard878:

I think if they did CC but with a finished code it would be a hit. That game has a great theme and it’s a shame it was never finished.

I think this is a good reason for why MB will be the next one.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

This will be remade. Regardless, if it happens in March or whenever. The demand and rarity are there. However, if you think this will be 7999 with color or prices comparable to AFMr. Think again. This has a bill of material if not equal or slightly more than Medieval Madness. Also unlike the previous two titles and Cactus Canyon or Capcom games, Planetary has to negotiate licensing. I’m certain it’s not Uber expensive, but they are not going to eat all of the extra money it will take to get this to market at or below AFMr.

I believe MB and CC to be remade, Both titles are winners for PPS. I applaud PPS for delivering a quality product. Yes the BOM may rise slightly, however with PPS ongoing production experience improving efficiency and component supplier competition, with good management there should be no need for large price hikes.

Looking forward to the next title !

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think this is a good reason for why MB will be the next one.

I don’t get it? CC is an amazing game, therefore MB is next?

1 week later
#68 6 years ago

Well from what I have been told, by very trustworthy people in Chicagoland pinball market, although the announcement hasn't been made yet, MM is officially the next one.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Well from what I have been told, by very trustworthy people in Chicagoland pinball market, although the announcement hasn't been made yet, MM is officially the next one.

Shall I assume we have a capitalized typo here, or is Medieval Madness coming out in its third incarnation

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Wait! What?

#71 6 years ago

Cc is the next title...

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

i could be in on the MMrr with the large DMD

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Also unlike the previous two titles and Cactus Canyon or Capcom games, Planetary has to negotiate licensing.

I have been through this a few times. You have to secure licensing if the monster characters have the LIKENESS of Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, etc. MANY companies make Frankenstein, Dracula, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, etc stuff without looking exactly like the actors.

PS: Monster Bash monsters do not look like the actors....

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I have been through this a few times. You have to secure licensing if the monster characters have the LIKENESS of Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, etc. MANY companies make Frankenstein, Dracula, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, etc stuff without looking exactly like the actors.

I thought MB was based on a license with Universal. I do think they could get negotiate another license.

#75 6 years ago

That's why all the monsters were changed on The Monster Squad.....
Good movie, by the way....

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought universal also had ownership of the Jack Pierce makeups?

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's why all the monsters were changed on The Monster Squad.....
Good movie, by the way....

Fred Dekker, good guy (whoever that other guy was who wrote the script ain’t too bad either!). One of my all-time faves, still holds up!!

#78 6 years ago

Farsight Studios added monster bash to their pinball Arcade game. They had mentioned in a post somewhere that it was inexpensive for universal to license that theme to them to be remade. All the expensive ones they've acquired required a kick starter to fund. I think pps will be okay.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Farsight Studios added monster bash to their pinball Arcade game. They had mentioned in a post somewhere that it was inexpensive for universal to license that theme to them to be remade. All the expensive ones they've acquired required a kick starter to fund. I think pps will be okay.

I figured the expense for CGC would be more related to creating the molds for the figures

#80 6 years ago

I'm in for a MBr. Not so much CCr.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I'm in for a MBr. Not so much CCr.

Totally. CC is a mediocre, monotone game. People lust after it because it's rare...only 900 made. If 3-4k were made, nobody would give it the time of day.

#82 6 years ago

I would love a MBr.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Totally. CC is a mediocre, monotone game. People lust after it because it's rare...only 900 made. If 3-4k were made, nobody would give it the time of day.

Mb isnt all that great of game imo and code is not near as good as mm or afm . Great theme and neat toys but it gets played out fast and the callouts really get old fast. I think cc wld sell well bc its so rare and expensive now and it has s good theme and neat toys also. I hope they cld finish the code out to make it that much better.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mb isnt all that great of game imo and code is not near as good as mm or afm . Great theme and neat toys but it gets played out fast and the callouts really get old fast. I think cc wld sell well bc its so rare and expensive now and it has s good theme and neat toys also. I hope they cld finish the code out to make it that much better.

CC toys are lame and the ramps are boring. I owned a stunning HEP restoration and couldn't justify keeping it. The theme also did nothing for me.

MB would be a much safer choice for CGC. AFM/MB/MM are popular because they are engaging games with cool original themes. As I said before, CC is sought after because it's rare. If they start churning them out, it's no longer rare. OTOH, if they rework the game/rules, I could change my tune.

snaroff

IMG_5239 (resized).jpgIMG_5239 (resized).jpg

IMG_5236 (resized).jpgIMG_5236 (resized).jpg

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

CC toys are lame and the ramps are boring. I owned a stunning HEP restoration and couldn't justify keeping it. The theme also did nothing for me.
MB would be a much safer choice for CGC. AFM/MB/MM are popular because they are engaging games with cool original themes. As I said before, CC is sought after because it's rare. If they start churning them out, it's no longer rare. OTOH, if they rework the game/rules, I could change my tune.
snaroff

Everyone has different taste but mb is nothing special(other than theme) and gets old in home use quickly. Its very easy and man does the callouts really start to stike a nerve lol. Thankfully ive owned most titles ive wanted but if a cld get a ccr for 7- 8k or so i wld as its definitely not worth the 10-15k people are asking . Mb sure isnt worth what they sell for imo and mm and afm are much better games. I had all at same time and afm remains. Also mb isnt a original theme is it? Cc is a original theme .

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Spot on. Sold my MB a few months ago, rarely played. MM & AFM are much better games and those I will keep. If CC if not finished, MB is just not very deep. But that said, MB is pretty polished and a great looker.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from vegemite_nick:

Spot on. Sold my MB a few months ago, rarely played. MM & AFM are much better games and those I will keep. If CC if not finished, MB is just not very deep. But that said, MB is pretty polished and a great looker.

Yep great looker but i didnt need 9-10k decoration lol....so its gone and not missed. It paid for my dile which blows just about everything away in the fun factor category.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah Ted you’re right they don’t look anything like the Universal monsters. However on the apron on the DMD and a couple other places it says Universal monsters. They’re going to want a small fee for that. Planetary pinball and Chicago gaming is not gonna eat that cost they’re going to pass it down to the consumer.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

snaroff Did your CC have the Continued upgrade?

#90 6 years ago

I have owned MM , AFM & MB . Monster Bash is so fun . Better music than AFM , MM . Mosh Pit Multi-ball is great . MB has better Dot Matrix animation than AFM , MM . MB I think has better mode stacking going into Monster Bash Multi-ball which can lead you into Monsters of Rock Multi-Ball. They are all very well done . But Monster Bash is my personal favorite . It is the Music , voice overs , Dots , art more fun to LED the translite I went all out with hi-lighting the art with pink LED, Amber LED , Blue LED. Green LED, Cool white LED's . The gameplay. Rock concert finally. Monster Bash is just Brilliant.

MB High Score 17 (resized).jpgMB High Score 17 (resized).jpg

#91 6 years ago

All ... a little clarification ... we have at least 7 (MM, AFM, and at least 5 more) remakes coming, all are products of Chicago Gaming, and licensed thru Planetary Pinball. PPS is in constant contact with CGC on the games in development, we provide the approvals, as well as the blueprints, some parts, and review feature sets/pricing. But in general, the games are Chicago Gaming product (product support, warranty, etc), and of course we spend alot of time feeding them with input, highlighting any issues, etc - all to try to make the best game possible. PPS also happens to be one if not the largest remake game distributor. What I can tell you is that in the list of likely remakes are CC, MB, TOM, BBB ... that list may change as other games become more interesting to add in based on desirability, etc. We also have the source code for these games, so any deficiencies in the original code could be addressed with a couple of different approaches. Each game is getting new core features (like the Large Color display in AFMR) that will be incorporated into future releases, and game #3 will have additional features as well.

We are really happy with the progress on game #3 and we think people will be happy with the end result. More on this when it is time, which is not too far away!

rick

#92 6 years ago

Thanks for the update, Rick. Exciting times ahead.

#93 6 years ago

Big thanks for the update. Never thought ToM would be on the list... but sweet!!!

#94 6 years ago

Be in for bbb for sure..... rest ive owned or can get a restored or super nice original cheaper (except cc).

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Big thanks for the update. Never thought ToM would be on the list... but sweet!!!

IPDB Ratings
— Top 10 Player Rated SS Games —

#1 Twilight Zone (Bally,1993)
#2 Theatre of Magic (Bally,1995)
#3 Star Trek: The Next Generation (Williams,1993)
#4 Scared Stiff (Bally,1996)
#5 Medieval Madness (Williams,1997)
#6 Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (Williams,1993)
#7 White Water (Williams,1993)
#8 The Addams Family (Bally,1992)
#9 Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams,1996)
#10 Monster Bash (Williams,1998)

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Me eaither.... neat pin for about a month but gets old quickly imo. Also u can get nice ones with mods from 5-7k regularly.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... a little clarification ... we have at least 7 (MM, AFM, and at least 5 more) remakes coming, all are products of Chicago Gaming, and licensed thru Planetary Pinball. PPS is in constant contact with CGC on the games in development, we provide the approvals, as well as the blueprints, some parts, and review feature sets/pricing. But in general, the games are Chicago Gaming product (product support, warranty, etc), and of course we spend alot of time feeding them with input, highlighting any issues, etc - all to try to make the best game possible. PPS also happens to be one if not the largest remake game distributor. What I can tell you is that in the list of likely remakes are CC, MB, TOM, BBB ... that list may change as other games become more interesting to add in based on desirability, etc. We also have the source code for these games, so any deficiencies in the original code could be addressed with a couple of different approaches. Each game is getting new core features (like the Large Color display in AFMR) that will be incorporated into future releases, and game #3 will have additional features as well.
We are really happy with the progress on game #3 and we think people will be happy with the end result. More on this when it is time, which is not too far away!
rick

YES!! Thanks for the great news!

#98 6 years ago

What great news. I think AFMR set a new standard for remakes with the added improvements. If I had the choice of either AFM or AFMR in the exact same condition I would choose the remake. The added features just set the games apart. The other key factor being most have owned them before or currently, the added features give previous owners a reason to consider adding to the lineup once again.
CC bring it on…..BBB oh hell yes….hmmm I wonder what else is on the list, TOTAN, TZ, TAF?

#99 6 years ago

Good news all around !

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

snaroff Did your CC have the Continued upgrade?

I did, and it made the game tolerable for 6-9 months. Drunk MB, Cowboys vs. Aliens MB, etc. Eric did some awesome work, but the core game for me is just a snooze fest. If PPS/CGC remake CC and rework with rules dramatically, it would take the remake biz in a cool/new direction!

snaroff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company/page/2?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.