33%
  • Yes - with a new extended ruleset 53 votes
    36%
  • None. Not interested in either. 46 votes
    31%

(148 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

Dear Chicago Gaming,

I'd love a new Monster Bash. A remake. I like the idea of a new pinball with a Spike system, extended rule set and color LCD.

Please Chicago Gaming, will you consider making this?

Thanks!!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

I like the idea of a new pinball with a Spike system

Chicago Gaming ( remakes ) doesn't use the stern Spike System.

LTG : )™

#3 3 years ago

A Monster Bash remake with extended code would be awesome. My son has never forgiven me for selling one years ago. This is one of the few remake titles I would seriously consider.

#4 3 years ago

I love the initial idea of Monster Bash. But the repetitive humor and lack of depth keep me on the fence about the remake. If extending the code is in the works, I'm definitely in. Such a great layout, theme, toys

#5 3 years ago

The pricing on these lends itself to the best r scenario

#6 3 years ago

I'd love to have the new Medieval Madness I paid in full for 8 months ago.

#7 3 years ago

Delivering my Gdmn MMr first would be an fn great thing before they talk about other titles .

#8 3 years ago

<=======Definitely wants an MBr

#9 3 years ago

I'm in on a remake extended code or no extended code I'm in!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chicago Gaming ( remakes ) doesn't use the stern Spike System.

Yeah, but Stern's making MMr so it makes sense.

"The announcement is that Chicago Gaming Co (CGC) and Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc.(PPS) will be using the Stern Pinball, Inc (SPI) factory to assemble the Playfield and Cabinet assemblies for Medieval Madness Remake, using both original spec WEG (Williams Electronic Games, Inc.) Medieval Madness parts and newly-designed CGC parts (electronics and lighting systems). SPI will make its manufacturing facility and factory labor available to PPS and CGC."

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

"The announcement is that Chicago Gaming Co (CGC) and Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc.(PPS) will be using the Stern Pinball, Inc (SPI) factory to assemble the Playfield and Cabinet assemblies for Medieval Madness Remake, using both original spec WEG (Williams Electronic Games, Inc.) Medieval Madness parts and newly-designed CGC parts (electronics and lighting systems). SPI will make its manufacturing facility and factory labor available to PPS and CGC."

Stern is assembling the games. CGC supplies all of the parts. Stern is the labor.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

No, your first post was inaccurate. The remakes use CGC's own system, not Stern's Spike System.

I just don't want to confuse people.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'd love to have the new Medieval Madness I paid in full for 8 months ago.

I feel your pain, but paid in full 18 months ago. MB does sound like a good second remake, but please don't announce it while 400 of us are waiting on MMR since 2013.

#14 3 years ago

Why does Stern want to be the "labor" again? They definitely don't need the business, since they are filling in production lines with VE's. If there was money in the remakes, couldn't they just do it themselves? This whole situation doesn't makes sense.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Delivering my Gdmn MMr first would be an fn great thing before they talk about other titles .

Too late for that. It's already been said there are 11 or so more on the way. In our lifetime? Well we will just have to wait and see.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why does Stern want to be the "labor" again?

No idea why they want to. They are making money to do so. And they've had a long business relationship with CGC.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

They definitely don't need the business

We don't know that. The remakes keep more people going on the assembly line. Rather than lay them off during slow periods.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

If there was money in the remakes, couldn't they just do it themselves?

Not without the Williams license rights.

LTG : )

#17 3 years ago

The slow rate of production on remakes has really put a bad taste in people's mouths. Plus with so many amazing new pins coming, I think it's better to look to the future than the past. Remakes made sense when old titles were selling for 10K plus, but newer more innovative pins are gonna make older titles drop real fast.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The slow rate of production on remakes

First one was a learning experience. Stern was hired to assemble. Got up to speed and moved to the new building. Start over. They are up to speed and rolling now.

I don't think you'll see the same delays on future remakes.

#19 3 years ago

Give me a CC,a KP or a BBB instead

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First one was a learning experience. Stern was hired to assemble. Got up to speed and moved to the new building. Start over. They are up to speed and rolling now.
I don't think you'll see the same delays on future remakes.

I hope so. Feel bad for MMR buyers. Sounds like Attack From Mars is next.

#21 3 years ago

The MB remake will happen once I install my new playfield and decals and realize I could have bought a remake for less.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Remakes made sense when old titles were selling for 10K plus, but newer more innovative pins are gonna make older titles drop real fast.

Where are these newer pins? If you have money where can you buy one right now? Before you were rambling about how right now the only NIB readily available for purchase are Sterns and now you are saying more innovative pins are gonna make older titles drop fast. Well, when I see these more innovative pins produced on a production scale such as Stern's then maybe I will believe it. Until then it's all speculation and wishful thinking. Full throttle and P3 did nothing for me and while they were neat toys I would take any of my older pins over them any day of the week. If those are the so called more innovative pins you are referring to then I think my collection is pretty safe.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

The MB remake will happen once I install my new playfield and decals and realize I could have bought a remake for less.

Start working on that now please, TPF is just around the corner!

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The slow rate of production on remakes has really put a bad taste in people's mouths. Plus with so many amazing new pins coming, I think it's better to look to the future than the past. Remakes made sense when old titles were selling for 10K plus, but newer more innovative pins are gonna make older titles drop real fast.

Thank you for being so positive in 2016

#25 3 years ago

MB = ludicrous price.
I check the pinside market for it occasionally, just for laughs. Today's market offerings are no less than 5 figures. I used to get pissed about the price, but now it's kinda funny. Or at least it will be when the PPS announcement comes.

I'm waiting for the remake, it will come eventually. The only real problem will be whether to snag an original for fair price, or go with the remake, depending on what they do with it. I'm in no hurry.

#26 3 years ago

I think it would make more sense for PPS to license the rights directly to stern. Why do we need a middle man? They could even use their new spike system and charge their 7595 premium vault edition price.

#27 3 years ago

At this pace don't hold your breath , AFM is next from what I've heard and MB to follow .So MB in 2019 ? My guess is it will cost more than MMR and they will start cutting corners to make more money , maybe metal cabinets like Stern ? Then it will play like a tin can ! If I ever get my MMR it will be my last remake, I'd rather hunt down an original then tye up $8k for 2 years, what a joke

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

they will start cutting corners to make more money , maybe metal cabinets like Stern ?

Or cheaply painted trim packages instead of real brass?

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballFuel:

I think it would make more sense for PPS to license the rights directly to stern.

Start all over ?

Quoted from PinballFuel:

Why do we need a middle man?

There isn't a middleman. PPS and CGC are doing the remakes with Stern hired or contracted for assembly.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We don't know that. The remakes keep more people going on the assembly line. Rather than lay them off during slow periods.

Stern should be busy doing their own remakes...IM and SM anyone??

Apparently MB's can be "priceless," but could be had for the steal price of $15k

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#31 3 years ago

I love my MMrLE, put 1000 down then about 18 months later got email that they were ready to produce paid bal. then del. about 2-3 months later. I will buy MBrLE as soon as they are available.

#32 3 years ago

I guess it seems like CGC is the middle man as they are responsible for part shortages, reengineered design and final inspection. It would seem easier if Stern had the full production control and possibly even avoid the reengineering by using sterns system. Off course PPS & CGC have dreams of becoming a pinball manufacturer so the easy now route was not used and probably for other reasons.

Maybe this is the month MMr will be delivered and if that's the case you can ignore my comments and I will start playing

#33 3 years ago

Never going to happen.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Never going to happen.

Been saying this for years, unlikely to see any licensed theme game where rights outside of Williams/Bally are needed to be remade anytime soon. It's a shame because there were so many great titles that I'd like to see run again but the cost factor of acquiring the copyrighted rights will be to great.

I'd say we'll see more of the likes of AFM, CV, CC, WH2O etc...

#35 3 years ago

PPS already stated several times that they have the ability to produce Monster Bash. It's the most viable option for mass appeal and demographics. AFM will be next then MB.

#36 3 years ago

So what is PPS's next title, there was rumor that they already had a prototype up and running ?

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

So what is PPS's next title, there was rumor that they already had a prototype up and running ?

Not a rumor. Rick posted it. And the title will be announced at TPF.

#38 3 years ago

TPF has produced a bunch of CC related artwork for promotion of their upcoming shindig. This CC artwork could simply be coincidence, but it could also be a tip-off that the next game to be remade is CC. Hmmmmmm.... just speculating here, LOL.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

the title will be announced at TPF.

2016?

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First one was a learning experience.

Straight out of the JJP handbook

#42 3 years ago

CC with extended code would be awesome!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

TPF has produced a bunch of CC related artwork for promotion of their upcoming shindig. This CC artwork could simply be coincidence, but it could also be a tip-off that the next game to be remade is CC. Hmmmmmm.... just speculating here, LOL.

Ha! This exactly what they were saying last year when AFM was on the logo. I vote coincidence.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Just coincidence. They had MM two years ago. AFM last year. They are just running through the classics for their logos.

#45 3 years ago

Don't worry it will be remade. So will Creature from the Black Lagoon.
For those of you that don't keep up with the Universal Monsters here's some reading for you.

http://screenrant.com/universal-monster-movies-reboot-universe/

http://whatculture.com/film/10-horror-film-remakes-you-didnt-know-were-in-the-works.php/2

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside